Jordan Retro 1 OG Royal returns April 1 2017

Sometimes I wonder why Nike is making so much trash nowadays when they could have just focused on quality and craftsmanship while slimming down the line-up. I guess that's greed and more money to be had with pumping out more trash from the 3rd world.

I suspect it's difficult to do that when in 1 year ADC introduced a wildly successful new sillouette (NMD) in high end primeknit and an affordable mesh version as well as several other iterations -- Pharrell, citysock, xr1. While of course still keeping its prime collaborative partner Kanye happy and the populations interest piqued.

I suspect it's difficult to do that when in 1 year ADC introduced a wildly successful new sillouette (NMD) in high end primeknit and an affordable mesh version as well as several other iterations -- Pharrell, citysock, xr1. While of course still keeping its prime collaborative partner Kanye happy and the populations interest piqued.
Royals sold more than ALL Adidas releases this year put together.

Nothing affordable about Adidas, at all.

$180 for a glorified presto/huarache/roshe rip. Na. I'll stick to my outlet finds.

Yes the mesh NMDs are glorified roshes .... and yes there's a ton of royals in the marketplace but not on par with the NMD line output the last 12 months -- there were 2 NMD days with upwards to a dozen diff colorways. And yes $180 is pricey but so were the ASG 1s ($175) and 6s (220) that Nike ended up reducing down to around $139 or as pricey as the TB3s ($220).

Yes the mesh NMDs are glorified roshes .... and yes there's a ton of royals in the marketplace but not on par with the NMD line output the last 12 months -- there were 2 NMD days with upwards to a dozen diff colorways. And yes $180 is pricey but so were the ASG 1s ($175) and 6s (220) that Nike ended up reducing down to around $139 or as pricey as the TB3s ($220).
Nike sells more of 1 retro model than adidas does everything boost. 

Only wet behind the ear buyers care if a shoe goes on sale.

Saving money is a good thing.

It's how most of us old folks got shoes back in the day. ON SALE.

Nike sells more of 1 retro model than adidas does everything boost. 

Only wet behind the ear buyers care if a shoe goes on sale.

Saving money is a good thing.

It's how most of us old folks got shoes back in the day. ON SALE.

you're wrong, we get it, you hate Adidas. cool..

only thing ill agree with you is, Adidas products are overpriced and nothing worth the retail price but the same exact thing can be said about nike

in b4 an off topic comment made towards me like always from you :rolleyes

Lol at the struggle for rightousness. Sell a product at inflated retail that cost fractions to produce. Selling a shoe at almost half off still nets a profit, probably like 300+ times worth. Companies have been using that business model since the dawn of retail. Its never going to change. When a product sells out and you are reduced to paying a collectors price and you dont like what you paid or condition paid for, go stand in front of a mirror and curse at yourself.

Last edited:
Royals sold more than ALL Adidas releases this year put together.

Nothing affordable about Adidas, at all.

$180 for a glorified presto/huarache/roshe rip. Na. I'll stick to my outlet finds.

Are the most comfortable Nike trainers as comfortable as UBs or EQT Boosts though? I think Adidas wins in the comfort department, most retros feel like wearing cardboard.

You're gonna have a hard time convincing people in a Jordan thread. They've been brainwashed by Nike for years. These are the people who buy the same shoe every 3-4 years believing that the newest "remastered" version is made of superior quality

Last edited:
Meh, I've tried on UB before. UBs are comfy but Huarache Runs and Prestos are just as comfy to me. A lot cheaper too.

Lol u can say the same with these new adidas hypbeasts with less time, 3-4 months.
Most of these yeezy/roshe variants are all hype.
I do got some ultra boosts and they are comfortable but cmon I can say the same about vomeros.
Buy what u like though f* the hype!!! I personally would rebuy royals over any nmd's and roshe/350's

I got my fourth pair of Royals today at Social Status ATL Grand Opening. Think im going to rock one, sit on twp and sell my fam the other.

I see niketalk ain't changed, what's the most I should pay for these ? $240 shipped decent or can I do better?

What Nike shoes are as comfortable as UBs and EQT Boosts? (Serious) I haven't been able to find any that are compatible. I will give you that Nike FK Racers and Nike Sock Darts are much more comfortable than NMDs though.

You're gonna have a hard time convincing people in a Jordan thread. They've been brainwashed by Nike for years. These are the people who buy the same shoe every 3-4 years believing that the newest "remastered" version is made of superior quality

As someone who owns yeezys, multiple ultra boosts and other boost shoes I'll say this. They're definitely comfortable but what I'll give adidas credit for is that in an era where dudes wear any single shoe once a week or less, they made a cushion tech that doesn't require breaking in. Today tons of people either jumped directly from basket ball sneakers into boost because that's where the trends went and people have so many shoes that none of their shoes get worn enough to even really get broken in I can understand the fascination boost. If you or anyone falls into one of those categories I'm going to take your views on comfort with a grain of salt.

As comfortable as ultra boosts are out of the box theyre arguably one of the worst offenders of diminishing returns ive seen in a runner. as in the more you wear them the less comfortable they get and alot people will tell you from experience that boost bottoms out with heavy wear and ive absolutely experienced that in the ultra boost. while other shoes in the runner category like huaraches, prestos, sock darts, FKR's and even other adidas shoes like alpha bounces and higher end stuff like Y-3 qasas get significantly MORE comfortable as you break them in and wear them. I challenge you to find someone whos fully broken in a pair of huaraches, or any of the shoes i mentioned, to their own foot and owns a pair of ultra boosts to tell you that one severely out classes the other because i guarantee they wont. Especially dudes like me. I'm 6'4 240lbs THICC it doesnt take much for me to start breaking in a shoe and really start feeling the comfort. to tell me to compare ultra boosts comfort to any of those other shoes is like compare a movie rated 9.5/10 to a movies thats 9.1/10, but to a lot if you were to listen to some people throwing adidas on their back like BOOSTGOD youd think comfort didnt exist in sneakers until 2015.

Thats why i find it funny when dudes with their boost shoes still pearly white say that boost is the best thing ever when they stick their big toe in another shoe and complain about discomfort. sneaker "culture" has been replaced by resell culture so dudes where a shoe once or twice so they can still look good for their instagram photo shoots and then sell them. but still claim to be the authority on comfort.

Last edited:
tumblr_mnue5l4Anm1r986t6o1_250.gif

What Nike shoes are as comfortable as UBs and EQT Boosts? (Serious) I haven't been able to find any that are compatible. I will give you that Nike FK Racers and Nike Sock Darts are much more comfortable than NMDs though.

As someone who owns yeezys, multiple ultra boosts and other boost shoes I'll say this. They're definitely comfortable but what I'll give adidas credit for is that in an era where dudes wear any single shoe once a week or less, they made a cushion tech that doesn't require breaking in. Today tons of people either jumped directly from basket ball sneakers into boost because that's where the trends went and people have so many shoes that none of their shoes get worn enough to even really get broken in I can understand the fascination boost. If you or anyone falls into one of those categories I'm going to take your views on comfort with a grain of salt.

As comfortable as ultra boosts are out of the box theyre arguably one of the worst offenders of diminishing returns ive seen in a runner. as in the more you wear them the less comfortable they get and alot people will tell you from experience that boost bottoms out with heavy wear and ive absolutely experienced that in the ultra boost. while other shoes in the runner category like huaraches, prestos, sock darts, FKR's and even other adidas shoes like alpha bounces and higher end stuff like Y-3 qasas get significantly MORE comfortable as you break them in and wear them. I challenge you to find someone whos fully broken in a pair of huaraches, or any of the shoes i mentioned, to their own foot and owns a pair of ultra boosts to tell you that one severely out classes the other because i guarantee they wont. Especially dudes like me. I'm 6'4 240lbs THICC it doesnt take much for me to start breaking in a shoe and really start feeling the comfort. to tell me to compare ultra boosts comfort to any of those other shoes is like compare a movie rated 9.5/10 to a movies thats 9.1/10, but to a lot if you were to listen to some people throwing adidas on their back like BOOSTGOD youd think comfort didnt exist in sneakers until 2015.

Thats why i find it funny when dudes with their boost shoes still pearly white say that boost is the best thing ever when they stick their big toe in another shoe and complain about discomfort. sneaker "culture" has been replaced by resell culture so dudes where a shoe once or twice so they can still look good for their instagram photo shoots and then sell them. but still claim to be the authority on comfort.

I can't eeeeem say nothing but :pimp: on the post and :nthat: on the JDBRUHMAN gif

Back
Top Bottom