Jordan Retro Restocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah man...stuff happens. If someone was willing to lose their job over taking some shoes then they obviously needed them bad, or just make poor decisions that will eventually catch up to them.

It's part finishline's fault too for shipping in a box that says finishline all over it.

I'm not going to stress over it. I'm not going to ask for anything free and go ballastic over a pair of shoes. Just want my shoes or my money back, and I'll be good.

What thread was it wear a bunch of people said your paranoid if you think having finishline logo all over the box will make it get stolen?...:smh:

Yeah man...stuff happens. If someone was willing to lose their job over taking some shoes then they obviously needed them bad, or just make poor decisions that will eventually catch up to them.

It's part finishline's fault too for shipping in a box that says finishline all over it.

I'm not going to stress over it. I'm not going to ask for anything free and go ballastic over a pair of shoes. Just want my shoes or my money back, and I'll be good.

What thread was it wear a bunch of people said your paranoid if you think having finishline logo all over the box will make it get stolen?...:smh:

I'm paranoid every time I order from finishline and get the delivery email from UPS "left on pourch" :x :smh:

Having their logo plastered all over the box certainly doesn't help matters though. At least Eastbay is very subtle with their deliveries. They all come in a generic looking box.

but it doesnt help the fact that UPS leaves at the door, so its in plain sight, vulnerable to theft. When I know I have stuff coming I usually take my lunch break at the time packages usually come so that I'm there when they arrive.

i had a pair of blk/red iv's & dw 1 coming from the fnl restock & a hoodie i knew it waould be in a big fnl logo box but i wasnt worried about it because the gf was SUPPOSED to be home

i get home & she said

"i just pulled up & almost ran over your boxes the UPS dude left them in the middle of the driveway" :wow: :wow: :wow: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:

not behind my garbage cans or in the corner by my front door

in the middle of my %^* driveway & im on a semi-main street ...& the kiddies were coming home from HS :smh: :smh:

Last edited:
i had a pair of blk/red iv's & dw 1 coming from the fnl restock & a hoodie i knew it waould be in a big fnl logo box but i wasnt worried about it because the gf was SUPPOSED to be home

i get home & she said

"i just pulled up & almost ran over your boxes the UPS dude left them in the middle of the driveway"
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif

not behind my garbage cans or in the corner by my front door

in the middle of my %^* driveway & im on a semi-main street ...& the kiddies were coming home from HS
mean.gif
mean.gif
You should have called the UPS store and complained. Man that would have ruined my entire week if my girl drove over the kicks. Ah man I dont even wanna think about it .. dang

Understand that most individuals don't want to risk their credibility (current job and future) by stealing a box of unknown contents. Not that it doesn't happen, but FNL doesn't attach a packing slip on the outside of the box, the shipping label doesn't reveal what is on the inside and having Finish Line written on the outside of the box is only going to help the criminal very little. Depending on the release date of hot shoes... weighing the package that says "Finish Line"  could allow someone to infer that there are shoes in the box and they are likely Jordans (if Jordans were just released), but it is still guessing and the reward to risk is insignificant.

BTW... UPS and FedEx do not X-Ray ground domestic shipping and if it is going on a plane, there is a small percentage that they would (package would have to look/smell/feel suspicious). (I just asked my friend who is Regional UPS manager, former FedEx manager). If the perk stole your shoes, he got very lucky or someone at FNL set you up!

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but stealing Finishline packages is beyond idiotic. I would bet that less than 5% of the packages Finishline ships contain Retro Jordans or any other shoe that can be resold for enough money to risk breaking the law. More importantly, mail theft is a federal felony, if convicted the penalties for stealing someone's mail are probably greater than robbing someone for the shoes off their feet.

Understand that most individuals don't want to risk their credibility (current job and future) by stealing a box of unknown contents. Not that it doesn't happen, but FNL doesn't attach a packing slip on the outside of the box, the shipping label doesn't reveal what is on the inside and having Finish Line written on the outside of the box is only going to help the criminal very little. Depending on the release date of hot shoes... weighing the package that says "Finish Line"  could allow someone to infer that there are shoes in the box and they are likely Jordans (if Jordans were just released), but it is still guessing and the reward to risk is insignificant.

BTW... UPS and FedEx do not X-Ray ground domestic shipping and if it is going on a plane, there is a small percentage that they would (package would have to look/smell/feel suspicious). (I just asked my friend who is Regional UPS manager, former FedEx manager). If the perk stole your shoes, he got very lucky or someone at FNL set you up!
No one at FinishLine set me up. One of my boys use to work at our Main UPS hub. I don't know exactly what he did, but I know he would sort packages and stuff in the warehouse and he would randomly throwout texts to us saying "What did you order from so and so..." or "I sorted one of your boxes today...they'll be there tomorrow".

These dudes have access to tape and box cutters. I have received a package from UPS that what clearly opened and looked inside and re-taped.

I'm not saying they were stolen, but where is it then? A finishline box traveling through a UPS sorting facility in Houston, during allstar weekend might look tempting for someone to at least look and see what's in the box.

Who knows though....Out of the hundreds of packages I've received from UPS not one has ever been lost. Maybe this is the one though.

No one at FinishLine set me up. One of my boys use to work at our Main UPS hub. I don't know exactly what he did, but I know he would sort packages and stuff in the warehouse and he would randomly throwout texts to us saying "What did you order from so and so..." or "I sorted one of your boxes today...they'll be there tomorrow".

These dudes have access to tape and box cutters. I have received a package from UPS that what clearly opened and looked inside and re-taped.

I'm not saying they were stolen, but where is it then? A finishline box traveling through a UPS sorting facility in Houston, during allstar weekend might look tempting for someone to at least look and see what's in the box.

Who knows though....Out of the hundreds of packages I've received from UPS not one has ever been lost. Maybe this is the one though.

I work at ups and we get too many packages to know when it's shoes. Yes finishline is dumb to have they logo on the box but I see like 500 finishline boxes a night. And my chances of knowing that the box I sort is Jordan's are real slim. Also we have cameras though out the building so getting away with it isn't easy.

Don't you guys realize you can have the package left for pickup at the sort facility??? Sign up for myups it's free, then when your item is out for delivery, you can change to have the package picked up at the sort facility. If you don't want to risk it, why wouldn't you do that????

Ive been a sorter at UPS for 7 years, and only one time was i able to confirm that i handled a box of jays, because it busted open..otherwise all we know is it came from the shoe store. It could be anything from a pair of pumas to a pair of galaxy foams but we have no way of knowing, and the majority of us arent trying to risk our benefits or the paycheck to steal your jays.. as for your boy handling your packages, he must work in a small hub or very specialized area where you and your friends live...i have never seen ANY of my packages come through, but i work at one of the largest hubs in the southeast.. i do know that if we know we have a package coming through, we have ways of getting it tracked and we can get it pulled before it goes out to delivery but it HAS to be in our name and we have to have our Driver's license and get a manager to sign off.. but yeah, the chances of someone stealing your jays at the hub level would be little to none.. as for a a driver, they would have to call someone to let them know they just dropped off the package at your door, there is no way they could do it either, their routes and miles driven is monitored and tracked like no other.. as for reopens, boxes bust open ALL THE TIME so yes we retape and re box items, but again , no one is gonna get fired off of the contents of your box, the dummies that do are few and far in between...

I would say IF it was stolen by UPS it would have had to be the driver. I worked in the UPS warehouse back in the day and you got searched leaving so unless you can fit it in your *** crack you ain't leaving with it. If anything, homie with the pair of different shoes in the box might have got 'got' by UPS because you're only leaving with the shoes on your feet. 

Y'all need to stop camping on the FNL website for restocks.   The site is sooooo damn slow I can't even check the status of my orders! :smile:

I would say IF it was stolen by UPS it would have had to be the driver. I worked in the UPS warehouse back in the day and you got searched leaving so unless you can fit it in your *** crack you ain't leaving with it. If anything, homie with the pair of different shoes in the box might have got 'got' by UPS because you're only leaving with the shoes on your feet. 
Also, not sure about UPS, but I know fedex drivers are contract drivers....not even fedex employees....in my experience working at a sort facility, they were the biggest @ssholes ever since they were contractors, my bosses at fedex weren't their boss so they did give to s**ts about anything or anyone.

Yeah im usiong the code off the back of the card. I never had this issue before they went to the plastic kinds for some reason
Type it in the coupon box instead of the winner circle box... The site programming is in reverse and its been like that for a while.. Well at least for me

So if it was the driver isn't it scanned every way through the shipping process can't they easily determine it is him and can't he get fired???

When I was younger I use to drop 300-500 dollars at Eastbay at a time and the post office use to make a habit of "losing" the packages and on the tracking of the packages it showed it was there. It got to the point where I just stopped ordering. Even when I did get my packages there tampered. I only had one problem with Finishline, they sent me the Jordan pinstripe jersey with no jersey in it and the packaging was open already.

If anything, homie with the pair of different shoes in the box might have got 'got' by UPS because you're only leaving with the shoes on your feet. 
I don't think so. My FNL box was all taped up perfectly, completely untampered and the Breds inside were fine.

I'm 95% certain it was just another customer's scam/return and finishline was too lazy to actually do the footwork when processing that return and my order.

False. Stealing from the hub is very common. I worked at the Hodgkins, IL. hub (where almost every single UPS package passes through) and stealing happened everyday. Loaders would build false walls, bust open boxes, hide the contents, and walk right thru security at end of day. This was back in the late 90's super baggy clothes hid stuff very well. You didn't get patted down, it was metal detectors. I never stole, but I knew several people that did. These guys targeted sport stuff (jerseys, shoes). There not risking a high paying job.......UPS Hodgkins only offered part time jobs, like 5 days, 3-5hr shift length. Garbage job.

So if it was the driver isn't it scanned every way through the shipping process can't they easily determine it is him and can't he get fired???
Yeah if the package was scanned onto the truck then the driver would be the first person to get looked at. And the driver can def get fired for theft. I have to say though UPS drivers make decent money. 
I don't think so. My FNL box was all taped up perfectly, completely untampered and the Breds inside were fine.

I'm 95% certain it was just another customer's scam/return and finishline was too lazy to actually do the footwork when processing that return and my order.
Then yeah, sounds like an FNL employee or scam. For UPS to have done it the box would have to have been opened intentionally, or un-intentionally. 

Ive been a sorter at UPS for 7 years, and only one time was i able to confirm that i handled a box of jays, because it busted open..otherwise all we know is it came from the shoe store. It could be anything from a pair of pumas to a pair of galaxy foams but we have no way of knowing, and the majority of us arent trying to risk our benefits or the paycheck to steal your jays.. as for your boy handling your packages, he must work in a small hub or very specialized area where you and your friends live...i have never seen ANY of my packages come through, but i work at one of the largest hubs in the southeast.. i do know that if we know we have a package coming through, we have ways of getting it tracked and we can get it pulled before it goes out to delivery but it HAS to be in our name and we have to have our Driver's license and get a manager to sign off.. but yeah, the chances of someone stealing your jays at the hub level would be little to none.. as for a a driver, they would have to call someone to let them know they just dropped off the package at your door, there is no way they could do it either, their routes and miles driven is monitored and tracked like no other.. as for reopens, boxes bust open ALL THE TIME so yes we retape and re box items, but again , no one is gonna get fired off of the contents of your box, the dummies that do are few and far in between...
Well let me tell you that I worked over here in LA UPS and it is a different store. I have seen people drinking wine, eating cookies and rocking other people's shoes. I just hope the best for all when ever you place an order online. Oh and I left cause I couldn't take 2 years of that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom