JUST COPPED THE GT-R [NEW VIDEO pg 23]

Originally Posted by omgitswes

obviously his parents got it for him if he's only 17. thats dope though.
insurance is gonna be lethal, reason for me not getting a vette.
smh at me for comparing that to this though.
one day i hope to be able to spoil my children like this
Not if they're named MrMeeh2, aka C-pain.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by cguy610

Originally Posted by wj4

I'm a bit confused that you would wash a car that you just bought. When you buy a car, they detail and wash it for you. Anyways congrats man, be safe. If you haven't driven fast cars before, take your time because it takes time to learn how to control a car that powerful. Kinda like the saying, with great power comes great responsibility.
They don't detail the cars for you. They wash it..which means swirl marks galore. A lot of my friends who buy 6 figure cars demand that the dealership not wash the car. They take the cars home in the same condition that it's in from the port and do the detailing themselves or pay a respectable person/company to do it.

AMEN to that. People that wash your car at dealerships do not care about your car.
Not only will it be filled with swirl marks, you'll see a scratch here and there as well.

You must buy cars from the wrong dealerships. Every car I've bought has been immaculate when going home from the dealership.

I wasn't talking about brand new, but when you bring it in for service.
They do wash brand new car before giving it to the new owner though but for the most part, you won't notice the swirl marks until later.
Sometimes they put a thin layer of polish to cover it up, until it rains or the first wash when it is washed off then you slowly see it.
It is also a lot less noticeable on light colored cars.
Well this topic is about a brand new car and you're obviously taking a car to the wrong place if they can't wash your car wihout damaging it.

Ummmm, the dealership?
Go ask anyone that purchases any luxury car, almost everyone will tell you that the dealership car wash "service" sucks.
By the way, the topic isn't really about a brand new car. The GT R already have plates so obviously it was purchased used.
Plus I was agreeing with WJ4 and you obviously have no idea what you are talking about if you never heard anyone complain about dealerships washing cars improperly.
Of course the dealership. No I haven't heard anyone complain about buying a new car that was damaged when they bought it because of the carwash and detailing.

Unless you're buying a car that was just delivered to the dealer, I'm sure it's been washed before so essentially every car would be"damaged" using your line of reasoning.

Originally Posted by NIKERAINBOWS

Good pickup...wish my parents would could buy me something HALF of what that GTR is worth.
tired.gif

even if i get money i'm not spoiling my kids though.

Originally Posted by wj4

I'm a bit confused that you would wash a car that you just bought. When you buy a car, they detail and wash it for you. Anyways congrats man, be safe. If you haven't driven fast cars before, take your time because it takes time to learn how to control a car that powerful. Kinda like the saying, with great power comes great responsibility.
They don't detail the cars for you. They wash it..which means swirl marks galore. A lot of my friends who buy 6 figure cars demand that the dealership not wash the car. They take the cars home in the same condition that it's in from the port and do the detailing themselves or pay a respectable person/company to do it.

AMEN to that. People that wash your car at dealerships do not care about your car.
Not only will it be filled with swirl marks, you'll see a scratch here and there as well.

You must buy cars from the wrong dealerships. Every car I've bought has been immaculate when going home from the dealership.

They do wash brand new car before giving it to the new owner though but for the most part, you won't notice the swirl marks until later.
Sometimes they put a thin layer of polish to cover it up, until it rains or the first wash when it is washed off then you slowly see it.
Well this topic is about a brand new car and you're obviously taking a car to the wrong place if they can't wash your car wihout damaging it.

Ummmm, the dealership?
Go ask anyone that purchases any luxury car, almost everyone will tell you that the dealership car wash "service" sucks.
By the way, the topic isn't really about a brand new car. The GT R already have plates so obviously it was purchased used.
Plus I was agreeing with WJ4 and you obviously have no idea what you are talking about if you never heard anyone complain about dealerships washing cars improperly.
Of course the dealership. No I haven't heard anyone complain about buying a new car that was damaged when they bought it because of the car wash and detailing.

Unless you're buying a car that was just delivered to the dealer, I'm sure it's been washed before so essentially every car would be "damaged" using your line of reasoning.

Like I said before, I wasn't talking about new cars.
The whole point was car dealership sucks at washing cars.
But I can see how stubborn you are so i give up because there is no point in continuing to argue when you just read what I write the wrong way.

Great pick up.. I always see the Black and Red GT-R's rolling around the Tacoma/Puyallup area all the time. They are so nice in person.

Even new cars have swirl marks. Just because the car has no dirt on it doesn't mean it's spotless. You don't notice it because it has to be underdirect light to see the swirls.
laugh.gif
at cats knocking on RFX like he drives a Pinto. Every dealership has the same crappy car wash stations, be it a AstonMartin dealership or a Honda dealership. I was heated when they washed my car after the routine oil change even though I told them not to. Granted my car iswhite and not as noticeable as when I had a black car, but under direct sunlight you can still see the swirl marks. Most people don't care, but to thehobbyists who shell out more than what a lot of people make in a year on a car, they pay that $500 for someone to come to the house to detail the car. To getmore info, visit a detailing site and you will see the difference in washing and detailing.

To properly detail a car, it's going to take at least 3-5 hours of work. With the volume of cars a dealership gets, that's just not feasible. A quick10 mins rinse down is what they resort to.

Originally Posted by wj4

Ummmm, the dealership?
Of course the dealership. No I haven't heard anyone complain about buying a new car that was damaged when they bought it because of the car wash and detailing.

Unless you're buying a car that was just delivered to the dealer, I'm sure it's been washed before so essentially every car would be "damaged" using your line of reasoning.

But I can see how stubborn you are so i give up because there is no point in continuing to argue when you just read what I write the wrong way.
If you're not talking about new cars, what are you talking about? Our discussion was about washing a new car that you just bought from thedealer.

I'm just bringing up the flaw in your reasoning. If you buy a car from the dealer, the chances are that the dealer has washed that car before unless thecar was just delivered to the dealer.

nice dude..
im about to check the price brb EDIT: hell, im looking for a car since im 16 but hell no 80 GRAND!?!?!??

Originally Posted by daemacho

Great pick up.. I always see the Black and Red GT-R's rolling around the Tacoma/Puyallup area all the time. They are so nice in person.

The ones in tacoma area are all most likely affiliated with Ill-Tech in some way.. and this particular GT-R lives pretty close to me I believe..
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by wj4

Ummmm, the dealership?

If you're not talking about new cars, what are you talking about? Our discussion was about washing a new car that you just bought from the dealer.

I'm just bringing up the flaw in your reasoning. If you buy a car from the dealer, the chances are that the dealer has washed that car before unless the car was just delivered to the dealer.

laugh.gif

I could have sworn I stated I wasn't talking about new cars to begin with.
I was stating that you bring the car in for service, then they wash it.
But let us play it your way.
You are telling me that when you got your brand new car, that is was perfect?
No hairline scratches, no swirl marks, no water spots?
You inspected it to the point that while looking at it, at direct sunlight, that when the dealership handed you the keys to your new car that it was perfect?
I can honestly tell you that it is not possible unless you got it straight from the factory with a brand new paint.
As WJ4 stated, even new cars have swirl marks, but it won't be as bad since it is new.
If you really want to get nitty gritty with it, swirl marks can develop even by just driving the car around and the wind and dust scrapes through the car.
That is why when the car is on the truck, it has a white layer of tape covering it.
Then these cars are unwrapped and stays in the lot for wekks/months, get washed, test driven, etc...
So you really are telling me your brand new car was free from swirl marks when you got it?

What are people still giving this dude props on this car when Onhollowedground already solved the case!!! You get a brand new car with CA plates and yet youlive in WA. C'mon. Ducktales.

Originally Posted by wj4

To properly detail a car, it's going to take at least 3-5 hours of work. With the volume of cars a dealership gets, that's just not feasible. A quick 10 mins rinse down is what they resort to.

Or a pressure wash. Now that is horrible. Seen dudes pressure washing new vehicles. Had me like
eek.gif

laugh.gif

I could have sworn I stated I wasn't talking about new cars to begin with.
I was stating that you bring the car in for service, then they wash it.
But let us play it your way.
You are telling me that when you got your brand new car, that is was perfect?
No hairline scratches, no swirl marks, no water spots?
You inspected it to the point that while looking at it, at direct sunlight, that when the dealership handed you the keys to your new car that it was perfect?
I can honestly tell you that it is not possible unless you got it straight from the factory with a brand new paint.
As WJ4 stated, even new cars have swirl marks, but it won't be as bad since it is new.
If you really want to get nitty gritty with it, swirl marks can develop even by just driving the car around and the wind and dust scrapes through the car.
That is why when the car is on the truck, it has a white layer of tape covering it.
Then these cars are unwrapped and stays in the lot for wekks/months, get washed, test driven, etc...
So you really are telling me your brand new car was free from swirl marks when you got it?

I kinda see what you are saying. Maybe me and the people I know aren't that picky. I've just never bought a car and been like, "man, the dealermessed my car up washing it" or knew anybody that was like "I wish the dealer didn't wash my car when I bought it".

wow thats some irresponsible parenting to buy your kid a 500hp car at 18. drive safe!

Back
Top Bottom