KD 11

https://www.thestar.com/sports/rapt...tors-are-ankle-deep-in-the-shoe-business.html

“And Siakam?

He’s a Nike guy with a nightly dilemma.

Nike discontinued the KD10s; the company and the shoe’s namesake, Kevin Durant, moved on to KD11s for this season. But Siakam prefers the KD10s, so he has stockpiled several pairs and hopes to make them last through what the Raptors believe will be a long post-season. His agent keeps nudging him to audition new shoes, but Siakam won’t even consider it until the summer.”

Practiced in the APs today. Support and lockdown is definitely better than I experienced in the EYBL and oreo colorways I tried out when they released. Midfoot is definitely more supportive and heel is more rigid. Shoe actually feels more stable as a result and I was making side to side movements in confidence that I couldn't in earlier colorways. Only downside is the extra rigidity makes the achilles area stiffer. I noticed some rubbing of my achilles on the EYBL and oreo pairs but it wasn't too bad. Unfortunately the APs killed my achilles today. Rubbed both raw. Will have to play in other shoes as my skin heals. Argh...

I tried them on in the house with no shows and knew that wouldn’t work for sure. Ended up using Nike Elite quarter socks. Started out just feeling pressure on my Achilles but after 30-45 minutes they were getting raw. I hope the Achilles area breaks in because I’m liking the rest of the shoe so far.

8FE942B8-2B39-4DEB-AE95-2232886E8914.jpeg EBC5063C-0CBD-415C-815E-5294D1C35399.jpeg E8BF5F8D-A001-437F-AF06-667E0577635A.jpeg 05C454FF-E319-42E5-A2D5-59203939B7AA.jpeg

That full length zoom plus react foam is perfect for me, tho the silhouette is meh, the cushion is awesome, and the upper knit is so comfortable!!!

0A736405-4881-44C3-8EC0-AC95EB850295.jpeg
With the kd12 finally revealed i decided to take a group photo of my 11’s. Not the most popular model, and I can’t speak for on court performance, but for casual wear, once broken in imo they’re great. Now on to the 12

My achilles are still healing after getting torn up trying to wear the APs last week. The APs are nice, but I'm way more excited about the 12s. My APs are going back to NIke ASAP to fund my first pair of 12s...

If any shoe ever needed those heel "pillows" that are in some basketball shoes (trying to think...I know the Jordan XXXI mid had them), it's this one.

It basically felt like there was a steel rod or wooden dowel covered in poly/nylon padding rubbing on the back of my ankle. I can "fix" something like the arch problem, and the stiffness would probably break in, but that achilles issue is something fierce.

I also have to say that just holding them in hand (before I even put them on), they felt quite heavy.

For the achillies issue i have been wearing them a whole month now and it keeps digging in my foot and i dont know what to do. Any suggestions ?

If any shoe ever needed those heel "pillows" that are in some basketball shoes (trying to think...I know the Jordan XXXI mid had them), it's this one.

It basically felt like there was a steel rod or wooden dowel covered in poly/nylon padding rubbing on the back of my ankle. I can "fix" something like the arch problem, and the stiffness would probably break in, but that achilles issue is something fierce.

I also have to say that just holding them in hand (before I even put them on), they felt quite heavy.

Exactly the same issue with the back of my ankle being scartched or even torn of the skin
I've been wearing them for a month and i dont know what to do.
Did you fix that issue?
If yes please tell me how

I was not able to break them in or fix the issue. Honestly I haven't worn them at all since then. I have too many sneakers to wear that aren't painful out of the box.

Really disappointed with the shoe, given all the cushion it has.

I was not able to break them in or fix the issue. Honestly I haven't worn them at all since then. I have too many sneakers to wear that aren't painful out of the box.

Really disappointed with the shoe, given all the cushion it has.

Well you know on the kd11 where the pull tab is under that around the ankle part there is a tuff stiching thats where i have the problem
Its ripping my skin of
Should i cut the stiching or put like a soft padding on it?

Removing stitching could compromise the fit of the shoe. You could try some moleskin padding.

Back
Top Bottom