Kentucky to Pass Law on Drug Testing for Welfare Recipeints. Thoughts.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by bilingue23

Originally Posted by HOVKid

If you got money for weed you don't need my tax dollars.

I am all for this law.  Should be federal legislation. 

Should also have mandatory abortions if you can't support your own kids art the time of birth. 

I had enough of paying for this !++! already.  Yeah, I said it.

I want the itemized bill of where my tax dollars went that Barak Obama referred to in his State of the Union speech last night.  

This man speaks the truth.

I dunno about mandatory abortions, but any new kids=automatically forfeiting your right to federal aid at least as a deterrent. This is getting out of hand.
Word, abortions is kinda OD

BUT their should be some sort of guildlines in place.

Your on government AID, fine not everyone can find work, etc, whatever.

but when you continue to have kids while on government AID is no bueno.

To have that sorta help you should be forced to go to school or look for work or something.

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

Originally Posted by Diego

Thats the problem with you middle class folk. You really feel that youre at the TOP of the economic ladder and you promote a real millioanaires agenda cause it somehow makes you feel like you belong at the top. Truth is, when you look at the big picture youre a lot closer to the bottom than you all think you are.

stop and read this.
That's not what the point of this is. And it's not even true.
Not all of the middle class isn't all high and mighty. People see what they want to see. 

I'm privileged, I don't take it for granted. But my parents worked their $#@+% off to get where they are today. They live in a large house and my dad has a Corvette (1998), people say we're rich. Not one bit. We are just finally getting things together due to the recession. But the whole time, my parents worked, and they worked hard, every single day. Just to come back and be able to put food on the table. 

My mom was unemployed, received unemployment, but she worked HARD every single day, to get a new job.

While some people disagree in helping the poor at all, or how they should be helped, everyone here has the SAME POINT.

WHY should we have programs that can be abused so easily. People shouldn't be spending their money on vices, illegal ones at that, and then expect the government to bail them out. Why should my tax money go to help people out, and then they are abusing it?

I'm all for helping other people, but first, I'm helping myself, because no one is bailing me out.

If I'm unemployed, I'm not gonna use the money I have to buy drugs, and then depend on the government to let me eat.

And if your living in the hood and want to get out, then don't spend your money on designer clothes, jewelry, cars, whatever it is. 

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by DoEBoiFreshsince88

SO THEY ARE GOING SPEND WASTE MORE MONEY TESTING PEOPLE FOR DRUGS = EPIC FAIL

basically.
and its discriminatory.
grin.gif

In the effort of full disclosure, i am bitter about this issue. My sister in law just had her 2nd kid on Medicaid. Father is a former (and possibly still) drug user/abuser. Has not had a job in some time. Mother works full time. THis dude had the balls to tell me that Medicaid is 'better' than private healthcare, because he 'has no out of pocket expense'. So while i'm paying $300 a month for Health Ins, this guy proceeds to have his 2nd kid for FREE. Mind you they live with his mother, and they are 25 years old. He also smokes, drinks, etc. For this reason i have a huge issue with drug addicts being on any type of public aid. This works against the idea of capitalism. The poor keep getting rewarded with handouts. Tell me what good it really does them?

FYI these people are white. I personally don't see this as a race issue.

I don't give a #+$% if the cost to administer drug tests does exceed the monetary savings. It's all about principle.

Originally Posted by Budweiser

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

Originally Posted by Essential1

How about these !#$#!%%% just try to create legislation and admit they think all black people are criminals instead of giving a low-key nod to a stereotype they created, and when they found an instance of that stereotype in an actuality they use it as justification to apply it to everyone.....

so are you suggesting that every one that is on Welfare is Black?
seems like it to me. 
It's called the "soft racism of the Left".

Now Essential will come in and tell us all his friends are black, he works in a black neighborhood and that he volunteers with black school children. Yet he seems more hung up on race than anybody on this board, save Nat Turner (Meth have mercy on his soul).
Seems like neither of you know what the @#!$ you are talking about....

I won't even dignify calling me a racist with a response..... But I will let you go on and believe what you want....

It is not being hung up on race.... It is being in every situation you can think of, and see how interaction work... Ignoring racism does not try to stop racism (hence why the free market never did anything for Civil Rights).... At every turn guys like you admit there is racism but then sweep it under the rug....

You tell me who is going to be the "RANDOMLY" drug tested?? Everyone on this board knows it will be black people.. 
Exactly like when the TSA said they would "RANDOMLY" search people at airports and it was disproportionately people who "seemed" Muslim...

Race with the most people on welfare? White....  But you tell me how it has become socially appropriate that the term "Welfare Queen" came to the lexicon, and is a referring to black women on Government Assistance.... And that any conversation about welfare or government assistance leads to a vague reference to black people abusing the system .... 

Because of idiots like you two who say there is racism BUT it's irrelevant... Yet when confronted with facts, to the contrary, that it clearly is still relevant in our society your response is sweep it under the rug...

Here's the difference I try to shed light on it because I know it exists... You guys just sweep it under the rug....

I guess I should apologize for being disgusted by racism... Pardon me for trying to actually pursue what our Constitution says, and what this country is about.. How dare me for trying to end injustices...  

Stop yourself before you try to throw out "White Guilt" which you libertarians and conservatives love to do as if it is "INHUMANE" to care about ALL people...

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

dirty, people in the healthcare industry have random tests...there are TONS of jobs that random test...

i actually have no problem with this....

although it seems discriminatory, i agree that some of the stipulations on recieving government assistance need to be tightened up

im also in favor of limiting what food stamps buy

i got into a discussion with some of my friends about a new ban on using food stamps to buy soda...

hell yeah, im all for a ban on soda when using government assistance...

if you cant afford to feed your family, we're not going to GIVE YOU garbage...

it should be produce, meats, dairy, eggs, etc.

kinda like WIC....you can choose the flavors and type of foods, but not the foods themselves...

cause imma admit, when i was on stamps when i was unemployed, i ate better than ive ever eaten

fresh produce, meats, veggies, high-priced juices, etc.

you shouldnt be able to cop lobster with stamps...escargo and filet minon....

or bad stuff, like soda and candy and trash....
I agree with you 100% man. I work at a grocery store and the amount of crap people be buying is insane
30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by ryanbbn23

Originally Posted by DoEBoiFreshsince88

SO THEY ARE GOING TO SPEND WASTE MORE MONEY TESTING PEOPLE FOR DRUGS = EPIC FAIL

basically.
the law is supposed to save millions.

im all for this. i go to school in a very poor community and i see people buying alcohol all the time with food stamps.

YOU CAN'T BUY ALCOHOL WITH FOOD STAMPS, OR HOT FOODS.
MAYBE IT MIGHT ROCK IN YOUR HOOD, BUT JUST BECAUSE THE OWNER OF YOUR LOCAL STORE IS LETTING THAT ROCK DOESN'T MEAN OTHERS ARE.

I've only see about 2 people say they are actually against this so what exactly are you guys arguing? That they should get to use the extra money for weed but not other drugs?

I don't agree b/c states could begin drug testing for college scholarships.  What they should do is just watch how the money is spent very,very closely to ensure it is not spent of some 3d tvs.

roll.gif
at this thread.

Instead of being in front of the computer complaining about what other people have, why don't some of ya'll go outside and do something constructive for society.

I guess I should apologize for being disgusted by racism... Pardon me for trying to actually pursue what our Constitution says, and what this country is about.. How dare me for trying to end injustices...  

What does our Constitution say exactly? You think the government protects people? You think the government protects people from injustices?

They reverse their own racism and then in-turn rob peoples property rights in the process, they steal peoples property in order for "public use", they abduct children from families, they steal money earned by people for the means of redistribution, they create inflation forcing us to pay higher prices for food and gas, they launder money to foreign banks and then steal peoples money and claim it's going to a "retirement account" and use it to pay off the interest on the debt this government has accumulated, they use stolen money to fund their wars that kill innocent people in other countries, they use tax money to pay off their corporate friends.

So tell me Constitutional scholar, what are you trying to pursue exactly? You obviously don't have a problem with the latter. The Constitution was written on false grounds, it's just a piece of paper that enabled huge centralization of the federal government. The Constitution was written in secrecy to uphold an oligarchy of monetary interests.

"We the people" is just a theory and government is established by a few. A few that assume consent of the people, without consent being actually given.

The Constitution worship is sickening, it's just a piece of paper. It's a damn shame that people put their faith in men that walk the halls of Congress and written Constitutions. The fact that the Bill of Rights have to be included in this heaven forsaken POS should tell you something.

Sounds like a good idea. The key is to make sure the law is airtight from the first letter to the last period. The opposition will try to find any possible loopholes and exploit it.

when are going to learn that da war on drugs has been a utter failure though?

There is no such thing as a "War On Drugs". Never was and they're never will be because the U.S government are the biggest dealers out there.

eNPHAN,

I dont understand how you can possibly say that its ok for a mother on welfare to spend $10 on a dime bag a week? That isnt her money its the tax payers, she needs to be watching her children instead of chiefing, use that extra 10 for some more food etc for your children or hell even save it.

No one is proposing that life on welfare is sippin dom and lavish cars but if you are living off of other peoples money you dont deserve a dime bag. Smoking that bag can keep you from getting a job anywhere even mcdonalds because they drug test, I know cause i worked there, thus they continue to stay on welfare because they wanna smoke that bag. Also since when is it ok to be high when you should be watching your children?

My tax dollars and its alot of em should be going as you say to buy these kids diapers and put food in their mouths. I dont want a single cent going to buy drugs. Now my stance of the war on drugs is totally different.

Also you made some points about portions of the country are like the 3rd world specifically mentioning healthcare access. Everyone has access to care in this country. Go to any emergency room and you will be seen no matter what your income level, race, creed, sexuality etc. A large percentage of the pts I have taken care of were the epitome of indigent and they still get seen in the ER and admitted. Those who are homeless we even spend hours with social work trying to secure a place for them at a local shelter before releasing.

You also call out these suburban middle class for not being caring for their other human beings but its not about not being compassionate its about being frustrated with where all your hard earned money is going. You say the suburban kids cant relate but can you relate to those having to pay 35%+ of their income in taxes when you say you are only making 18K? Easy to say how ruthless they are when you arent the one footing the bill.

I love helping people its what my lifes work consists of and I spend hours in the community outside of work. Im not against giving my money away but its what it is sometimes given to that is ridiculous. I have held a job every day since i turned 15 starting on the 2nd day after I turned 15 the lowest legal age i could work, and I have held the crappiest of jobs to what many would consider a great job, and I dont want my hard earned money to be given to someone who likes to get high no matter what the drug.

One of the reasons why a small financial and political elite can run rough shot over us is because those outside that elite have no unity whatsoever.

Permanent employees look down on temps, temps do not feel solidarity with permanent employees, unemployed people are considered welfare cheats, people on welfare are hated for getting hundreds while bankers get hundreds of billions.

It amazes me how a few bankers and their friends in Washington can hold a lavish banquet and the the vast majority of Americans claw and fight for the scraps from that table.

Some of you are so clueless its sad..............

purchase alchohol with food stamps? The fact that some of you even stay FOOD STAMP tells me you know NOTHING in regards to public assistance. No one is buying steaks and lobsters with EBT cards that couldnt afford it in the first place. Most people on assistance are the elderly and single mothers. The problem is no one here has been in a position where they have ever been on assistance so therefore we feel we can judge.............matter of fact MOST ppl use their grandmother card who take enough legal drugs/painkillers to knock out a rhino.

Not to mention, try finding a crackhead who actually has an EBT card to drop him..
laugh.gif

BTW- Drug tests arent cheap, reason being someone who burned a spliff a month ago is not technically an "addict"...............SMFH

Originally Posted by gambit215

Some of you are so clueless its sad..............

purchase alchohol with food stamps? The fact that some of you even stay FOOD STAMP tells me you know NOTHING in regards to public assistance. No one is buying steaks and lobsters with EBT cards that couldnt afford it in the first place. Most people on assistance are the elderly and single mothers. The problem is no one here has been in a position where they have ever been on assistance so therefore we feel we can judge.............matter of fact MOST ppl use their grandmother card who take enough legal drugs/painkillers to knock out a rhino.

Not to mention, try finding a crackhead who actually has an EBT card to drop him..
laugh.gif

BTW- Drug tests arent cheap, reason being someone who burned a spliff a month ago is not technically an "addict"...............SMFH

Yeah cause most people only smoke once a month

Originally Posted by gambit215

Most people on assistance are the elderly and single mothers.

And most of those single mothers get pregnant on purpose so they can get assistance and continue to get pregnant, from anyone, to keep getting assistance, it's pathetic and the kids are the ones that suffer because of this.

I am all for it. While we are at it can we put them on birth control if you cant afford the first baby why you having a second. I am tired of watching women have kid after kid say they dont know the father have him living in the house while we pay the bill. You think this is %$@+%+!! go to any poor part of town in the U.S.

Back
Top Bottom