**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Always 50/50 in here :lol:

I personally liked the signing
Not much left out there anyway and all he has to do is just 3 and D
He’s still an above average defender I think
Don’t need him to be doing anything but that and shoot open shots

Bradley/green/Bron/ad/boogie or Kuz
Going to be an interesting lineup

I like the Avery signing. we will need him for about 20 minutes a game to play good defense and hit open shots that Davis and LeBron will create for him. I would feel differently if we needed Bradley to start and play 30 + minutes per game every and game and start.

Avery as a role player won’t be bad y’all

We not asking him to start and play 35 minutes lol

Exactly. Plus when you look at who he had to play with on the Clippers, Detroit, and Memphis the last couple years and you could see why there would be a drop off

The one thing I've seen with avery is that he takes a lot of long twos and is not a great creator. But he's a decent cutter and should be fine spotting up.

Him and Danny green defending the perimeter is gonna be nice. Just wish we had one more wing defender.

Rob has done a damn good job of filling out the roster.
Remember when Laker fans wanted him out immediately after Magic assassinated him on live TV?

Rob was right all along. Magic was never committed in it in the first place and the result was a disaster.

For someone who doesn't have a lot of experience, he did a far a better job than most tenured GM's in the league. He's a worker and I think the Lakers would prosper under Pelinka for a long time.

This was after the trade deadline, avg 30 minutes per game

And keep in mind he was playing with nobody who could really create for him last year outside of Mike Conley. He is going to be asked to do a lot of catch and shooting which he has historically been really good at. Hopefully he can play above average defense and we are good

All the Lakers need to do is sign Carmelo and then they'll have a perfect "If he can return to his form, then watch out" G-F-C combo in Bradley-Carmelo-Cousins.

The great thing about the Bradley signing is that he not only has a chip on his shoulder, but he is a former Clipper whom Doc Rivers ended up dealing. He gonna be a huge role player for us once we meet em in the playoffs.

With our crazy amount of depth on the roster, one thing is for sure: Kawhi gonna realize come June that Lebron and AD were able to "load manage" much better than him and his new "star teammate."

Bron and AD
Possibly if Boogie comes to form
Having these guys will make the other guys have really clear and defined roles that they can excel in should they embrace it
Literally asking all the other people to have really concise and simplified roles imo

And EVERYONES def was js going to look good / better either AD as the anchor

Now that I'm over the Kawhi bs, I just realized Kuz bout to be Worthy. Ain't even trippin.

Woah slow down on that comparison. Big game James is Hall Of Famer. Not saying Kuz doesn't have that potential.

But right now a better comparison to Kuz is:

c345d8c15f2395b42987ed53e0c5f36f.png

With our crazy amount of depth on the roster, one thing is for sure: Kawhi gonna realize come June that Lebron and AD were able to "load manage" much better than him and his new "star teammate."
Just being fair, the Clippers are not only deeper but they have pieces that fit better than the Lakers.

Guys I believe Bradley is super washed. Haven’t watched him in years but gotta ask someone who actually saw him. Problem is he was a clipper and I refuse to talk to clipper fans for the foreseeable future
He is a combo guard who can effectively defend both guard spots. He should be over his injuries that hampered him during his tenure with the Clips. After Doc traded him to MEM last year, Bradley proceeded to average 16 ppg, 4 dimes, 1 steal, on 46% shooting and 38% from deep, proving that he still got a lot left and more importantly that he wasn't a fit in the 2 years wearing the ugly *** Clipper uniform.

Avery thrives in championship environments like he did in BOS. He will thrive with us, I'm sure of it.

Too bad neither Green or Bradley can dribble. Those two would be the ideal backcourt to pair with Bron and AD.

Back
Top Bottom