**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Uh Brandon does NOT have a higher ceiling than Kuz. Heck Hart might have a higher ceiling than Ingram in the sense he attacks the basket and takes the contact. Also shoots the 3 better than Ingram. Outside of the dumb fouls Hart is solid, his shot is up and down but so are many young players.

I like Kyle. Kyle is a poor man's Al Harrington though.

I like Josh. Josh is a solid athlete, with streaky range and can't dribble with his Left.

Anyone disappointed with Lakers nowadays, this ain't the traditional Lakers we grew up to.

Jerry Buss rollin in his grave :smh:

Welcome to the LeBron show

I HATE this current era we’re in, the fact that “true” fans can get behind gutting out our young core/team :smh:

I pray These fools don't trade Lonzo to Phoenix :smh:

Why can't this organization just focused on developing talent and sticking to the g code :smh: :smh: :smh: You'd think they'd learn from the last time they tried to microwave a championship team with old head talent
Because LeBron signed so developing our core is no longer a priority, which is why I don’t like him. Never understood the best “player” in the world narrative yet he needs a stacked team to win. I liked the direction we had last year of developing the core and build for the future.

Now it is oh **** LeBron is here let’s mortgage the farm for him just for a possibility of making the western conference finals and loosing.

I’m sure they want someone to take on Solomon Hills contract, that will have to be a 3rd team and it will take assets to do that SMH

Poor man Al Harrington yet putting up numbers equal to some of Harrington’s best seasons and only in his second season. Kuzma would have to drop to reach Al Harrington level.

Al was drafted out of HS my guy...

Again, Kyle is a poor man's Al Harrington

I pray These fools don't trade Lonzo to Phoenix :smh:

Why can't this organization just focused on developing talent and sticking to the g code :smh: :smh: :smh: You'd think they'd learn from the last time they tried to microwave a championship team with old head talent

Because Anthony Davis is a top 5 player. Honestly, is the combination of all of our young guys ever going to be as good as one top 5 player? Will any of our young guys be the best or second best player on the title team? Probably not.

Getting Davis would give us two top 5 players and the opportunity to get a third in free agency this summer. The NBA is a Star Tribune League, not a young guy, role player league.

Also, in the next 2 years you have to look a contract extensions for all of our young guys. Are you prepared to give Ingram $20m? What about Ball and Kuzma. Developing young players has a timeline because eventually those players are going to want to get paid, you can only take a wait-and-see approach for so long.

As a fan you have to understand the business and financial side of the NBA. Would you rather give $40m to Anthony Davis or a combination of Ingram and kuzma? If you pay young role-players a lot of money, you end up like the blazers where you're capped out treadmill team

Last edited:
Lakers probably want to keep as much cap space open for this summer.

If the options are:

A. keep 2/3 of the core but take on salary that doesn’t expire til 2020

B. Trade the entire young core but only take back expiring contracts to preserve space for this summer.

I think Lakers prefer option B

1ABC3ABC-8A85-416C-AB84-8A5DE3448A5C.jpeg

Pels leaking the lakers subpar offer (which is likely not a real offer) to make AD think: man they must not want me. But jokes on them bc Rich Paul is his agent and has direct line to Magic to confirm how much they have offered.

I believe the offer is real...pels just trying to painfully drag this out as long as they can...shows how bitter they are

Back
Top Bottom