[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
I'll never forget (one of his) last posts when the Tigers lost to the Vols in 2008. He was calling the Vol fans inbreds and what not. :lol:

Last edited:
^
:lol: :lol:

No lie, when I first started lurking NT, I was in the Jordan forum only. One day I wondered what this Sports and Training thing was all about, wandered in, and one of the first threads I saw was a Lakers v ______ thread. (can't remember who they were gonna play that night)

This dude......StatMatrix32 or somethin close to that was LOUD in there, all day long. Just goin at Laker fans, Kobe, etc. We'll never win again ever, we died when Shaq left, blah blah blah. Troll on a billion.

I was just a lurker then, so nothin I could do. Was maybe 05, early 06 maybe.

After a while lurkin NT, I eventually joined up, still really only surfin Jordan forum, and then one day I came to check in here again. This time, it was Lakers v Suns day, and that same dude was actin out again, but I don't think he had that name. It was another one.......Anonymous dude or somethin lame. This time, I could post and one of my earliest, first posts was directed right to him.

He would call us FAKERS, never Lakers, over and over he typed that ****.

So I quoted him, asked him what exactly it was that we faked for him to call us FAKERS, asked him if we had faked these.....and then posted 14 individual Larry O Brien trophies.

Then I followed that by posting a pic of my screen searching for Phoenix Suns championship trophies and the internet replying to me with the words "search not found"

The next two pages were posters with rolling smiley's and Zo coming in with his "I'm just here to talk about the game tonight" spiel. :lol: :lol:

From day 1 I've been a jerk on here. :pimp:

From the lack of reaction on Kobe's dunk it seems like something that he does all the time. And if anyone thought to contest that dunk they would have been on the first thing smoking out of L.A. Kind of like in a football practice if anyone hits the Q.B., you'll most likely be cut the next day. But, that dunk was off of his weaker leg, not the one that had the achillies tear? I guess the real test will be when he explodes off of the left leg.

Im interested to see if hes able to explode off two feet on a jump stop move. One footed dunks (ala the cp3 dunk) r prolly a thing of the past. At least the emphatic ones. All I need are amnesty that type performances. Srsly. All mid range and an array of moves to free up space.

[quote name="JD617"]
Enjoy your moonshine and that date with your sister. Make sure you lock the door on the outhouse.
:rofl:[/quote] did you save that as the final post before I banned him, or just a random reply of his that properly conveyed his... his... 'way'? because that definitely seems like the final straw.

That was part of the meltdown that got him the axe, there were more posts just filled with expletives though. :lol:

Exactly. I was going to say, I thought I remembered reading that particular line and thinking "Yep, you're done here... for good."

Im interested to see if hes able to explode off two feet on a jump stop move. One footed dunks (ala the cp3 dunk) r prolly a thing of the past. At least the emphatic ones. All I need are amnesty that type performances. Srsly. All mid range and an array of moves to free up space.

Nah bro. Doctor said he'd lose about an inch in vertical max. He texted me said he can still get up.

I'm waiting to see this again on January 8. View media item 678546

Last edited:
^^right...im juss saying the majority of his dunks this yr may be off 2 feet unless its a breakaway. 2 inches plus another yr....which begs the question of will he be able to elevate over defenders on turnarounds/mid range Js like he used to..I still have images of Wizards MJ not being able to get his shot off against young pierce/vince/tmac etc.

I'd be content if he's doing more of this again:

kobe-reverse-layup-vs-spurs-o.gif

One of my favs.

I don't get why people say he doesn't pass. 
mean.gif

*insert his place on the all time passing list*

*insert stat about finals assist numbers*

*insert stat comparing his assist numbers to Jordan*

*and Lebron*

And all that as a SHOOTING GUARD, which means it's not his job to pass. Just shoot. Only PGs pass.

So many millions of people knock him for not passing, and they're all terribly misinformed.

He's addicted to passing.

Bugs me that so many people continue nailing him to this lame reputation, that he clearly hasn't earned.

I repeat: SHOOTING guard.

Do you knock your mechanic for delivering your mail wrong?

It's his one and only job to shoot. Everything else is just gravy.

Honestly, I wish he would shoot more. Lefthanded. Double teamed. Triple teamed. Quintuple teamed. Shoot, shoot, shoot.

It's the centers job to dunk and rebound... and nothing else. Honestly, they should never pass, either.

PGs? They should only pass. Only.

I'm all about positions only doing what they're supposed to.

Kobe is a SG. The fact that he's so high on the assist list only shows how great he is, and I wish he were lower, because he's not doing his jobe as a SG when he's dropping the ball off to *insert crappy Lakers here*
he was leading the league in assists in that position, he totally needs to stop passing..

i mean you can shoot from anywhere, why would you want to lead the NBA SGs in assists?

its embarrassing, if you lead all Shooting guards in assists, you aint no shooting guard

kobe was 1.3 apg behind lebron who's a giant point guard... good thing kobe didnt have ray allen or another superstar to kick off to.. or else

Last edited:
As a Lakers fan my whole life born across the street from the forum in the 80's I can honestly say with a bit of shame that this year every Laker W really angers me. I mean Dwight left, Kobe was out the first 15 16 games and is recovering from the worst injury of his career, Steve Nash is breaking apart like granola and it just so happens to be possibly the deepest draft in decades which is perfect for a horrible year and some how some way Steve Blake has still found a way to further my hate for him by performing like the Jesus Christ of basketball in the least important year of his tenure with the Lakers to help them fight and be at 500. Atleast Pau has the decency to continue to be a fairy out there. (If Pau is in a Laker Jersey next year Im going to have a problem)

just gonna put it out there, don't be surprised when this team is competing for top 5 in the west. this team is very well built the front office has addressed almost every major weakness from last season.. remember when dantoni had the Knicks looking relevant and then they traded all their young talented players for melo? similar situation except this team is keeping all their young talent and adding an elite scorer. it's gonna be fun watching this team develop, very versatile on both sides of the ball

just gonna put it out there, don't be surprised when this team is competing for top 5 in the west. this team is very well built the front office has addressed almost every major weakness from last season.. remember when dantoni had the Knicks looking relevant and then they traded all their young talented players for melo? similar situation except this team is keeping all their young talent and adding an elite scorer. it's gonna be fun watching this team develop, very versatile on both sides of the ball

1-7 Thunder, Spurs, Rockets, Blazers, Clippers, Warriors and Grizzlies (once Marc Gasol gets back they'll crank it up)

If the team can stay healthy, I think they got a shot at the 8th seed. It will be a dog fight between the Lakers, Nuggets, Mavs, and Wolves.

Last edited:
^
:lol: :lol:

No lie, when I first started lurking NT, I was in the Jordan forum only. One day I wondered what this Sports and Training thing was all about, wandered in, and one of the first threads I saw was a Lakers v ______ thread. (can't remember who they were gonna play that night)

This dude......StatMatrix32 or somethin close to that was LOUD in there, all day long. Just goin at Laker fans, Kobe, etc. We'll never win again ever, we died when Shaq left, blah blah blah. Troll on a billion.

I was just a lurker then, so nothin I could do. Was maybe 05, early 06 maybe.

After a while lurkin NT, I eventually joined up, still really only surfin Jordan forum, and then one day I came to check in here again. This time, it was Lakers v Suns day, and that same dude was actin out again, but I don't think he had that name. It was another one.......Anonymous dude or somethin lame. This time, I could post and one of my earliest, first posts was directed right to him.

He would call us FAKERS, never Lakers, over and over he typed that ****.

So I quoted him, asked him what exactly it was that we faked for him to call us FAKERS, asked him if we had faked these.....and then posted 14 individual Larry O Brien trophies.

Then I followed that by posting a pic of my screen searching for Phoenix Suns championship trophies and the internet replying to me with the words "search not found"

The next two pages were posters with rolling smiley's and Zo coming in with his "I'm just here to talk about the game tonight" spiel. :lol: :lol:

From day 1 I've been a jerk on here. :pimp:

View media item 679033View media item 679033View media item 679033

I remember those days back on NT man.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol:

Since there is no game for a while, what's your favorite kobe moment? Mine was against the suns when he dunked on nash and when he got that game winner. Someone post video I'm on my phone

Back
Top Bottom