Larry Johnson to sign with the Bengals

As a Bengals fan, I love it.. Gives 3 solid RB in my opinion. I think LJ just wanted out of KC and their line wasn't very good. Also, a thought is thatBenson may be hurt more than the Bengals first anticipated. We'll see though. I'm crossing my fingers LJ is a done deal today and that Cedric isalright. Glad to see Mike Brown making moves... Now, we gotta listen to all the HATERS talking about how the Bengals sign criminals and "bad people."

Really don't see where he fits in.. We have a solid 3rd down rb and a good backup, but maybe he can turn into another Ced.

good timing....good pickup.

i'm sure his homophobic self will love to wear that tiger print on Sundays.

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Originally Posted by bright nikes

per espn.

Guess Benson might be out for a few?
Not even just that but Benson could use a lighter load.
Basically... They been workin dude into the ground... He had damn near 200 carries through 8 games...
sick.gif

I haven't watched many Bengals game this year but if you guys have a solid offensive line this guy will produce. Everyone saying he is washed up. That isgarbage. You put any RB in the NFL behind the o-line LJ had been running behind for the last couple of years I guarantee you they would have the same results.Now I'm not saying he is going to be a franchise back but he will put up good numbers for a couple more years.

Hopefully this change of scenery and being on a winning team will do LJ some good.

Bengals fans:

What do you mean you don't see where he would fit in?

Could yall please explain?

Originally Posted by Put em up

Bengals fans:

Cedric Benson normally gets almost 90% of the carries and hasn't been slowed down until yesterday. Bernard Scott is a good compliment to him as a quickoption out of the backfield. Brian Leonard is a great 3rd down back, he can block and catch. Marvin Lewis said in a press conference earlier today that thissigning wouldn't affect any of the current backs on the roster or their roles.
Those are the the reasons why I don't think he's a fit here. Anyways i'm not against the signing, We've found some gems off the scrap heap andI hope this situation is another one. If Benson is out on Sunday I would expect him to split carries with Scott.

Marvin Lewis' comments from earlier today:

"That's what his role would be, it would be as a fourth running back and an opportunity as a backup player on this football team doing all thethings backup players do, and that's work their tails off in the kicking game and showing looks (on the scout team) and so forth that way," Lewissaid. "And then he would be an insurance policy if something would happen down the line to one of our guys where he'd have a chance to be active.

"But I couldn't foresee him being active when he was initially here, if this is what happens. And that's what I've told him."

Originally Posted by jdcurt2

Originally Posted by Put em up

Bengals fans:

Cedric Benson normally gets almost 90% of the carries and hasn't been slowed down until yesterday. Bernard Scott is a good compliment to him as a quick option out of the backfield. Brian Leonard is a great 3rd down back, he can block and catch. Marvin Lewis said in a press conference earlier today that this signing wouldn't affect any of the current backs on the roster or their roles.
Those are the the reasons why I don't think he's a fit here. Anyways i'm not against the signing, We've found some gems off the scrap heap and I hope this situation is another one. If Benson is out on Sunday I would expect him to split carries with Scott.

Marvin Lewis' comments from earlier today:

"That's what his role would be, it would be as a fourth running back and an opportunity as a backup player on this football team doing all the things backup players do, and that's work their tails off in the kicking game and showing looks (on the scout team) and so forth that way," Lewis said. "And then he would be an insurance policy if something would happen down the line to one of our guys where he'd have a chance to be active.

"But I couldn't foresee him being active when he was initially here, if this is what happens. And that's what I've told him."

It sounds like a moronic move if these are the circumstances

Back
Top Bottom