Lease v. Buying vol. New Cars

What are your preferences? To lease a car for 3 years or to buy it out right? Have any of you all leased or bought cars? Whats your pros and cons?

There was a really good thread regarding this a while back. You should try to search for it. I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything. There really was somegood information and opinions in there.

Originally Posted by 703FlipFiend

There was a really good thread regarding this a while back. You should try to search for it. I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything. There really was some good information and opinions in there.
Appreciate that, let me do some digging.

Do you have a need to constantly have a new car? Do you view your car as an extension of your personality, or simply as a means of transportation? Do you driveless than 12,000 miles a year? If your answer to all of those is a yes, then a lease is for you. If your answer to all of those is a no, than ownership is foryou. My wife and I bought a Prius in 11/07, and have since put 50,000 miles on it. We couldn't do that in a lease, and we didn't buy the car because wethought it looked nice. It gets us from A to B, frequently, going 500 miles between 9-10 gallon fills. We own it outright in 22 more payments, and then wewon't have any car payments to worry about.

I personally leave cars because i don't drive every single day and i like to switch cars every few years.

Man I'm caught in a tough position. I wanna grab a new maxima on a lease but I would need another car b/c I put too miles on my car working.

Back
Top Bottom