Let’s be real about racism

Idk I use to actually respect Tbones opinion, and you know what opinions are to be respected. But man you make yourself sound so arrogant. Your like the kid inclass that thinks he's smarter than the liberal teacher because he is a liberal teacher so you sit in the back of class making jokes that on onegets...actually no one thinks is funny. I really want you to re evaluate your ideas about life. They seem so freaking selfish and would never actually work.This is straight form empirical evidence you seem to share the same philosophy of the enriched land owners of John Locke's era and the Bourgeoisie ofMarx' era, whom both(in the majority) ended up be crushed under the power of the people. I would hope you never become a politician simply because you arethe same type of selfish politician that has led us into this mess. Not for universal healthcare? How can you not be for that when it works in so manycountries? You don't seem to follow your history very well you only seem to make theories plans and criticize your opposition because slinging mud is theonly thing that make your points valid. Sorry, I'm all about empirical evidence when it comes to the social sciences and the economy and evidence has shownthat being a liberal is what is best for the people.

And as far as your criteria on intelligence, you work very hard I assume but that is all that shows. I know a couple of girls with 3.75^ that couldn't holda candle to me in any debate. The sit in my philosophy classes and look like idiots every time they open their mouth. They sit in my polisci class soundinglike idiots every time they breathe; but they work their butt off.

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

As far as the moron comment.... I'd love to see the HS GPA, college GPA, college rank & how many of your are going to law school soon or already in Law School...... My intelligence > avg NTers intelligence...... And it's not even close.
You might have book sense (a straight up MIGHT) ... but you don't have common sense .

None whatsoever .

All you care about is MONEY ... you don't want Universal Health Care because you're worried about more taxes going to you .

It's ridiculous .

Originally Posted by Chi ILL

As far as the moron comment.... I'd love to see the HS GPA, college GPA, college rank & how many of your are going to law school soon or already in Law School...... My intelligence > avg NTers intelligence...... And it's not even close.
You might have book sense (a straight up MIGHT) ... but you don't have common sense .

None whatsoever .

All you care about is MONEY ... you don't want Universal Health Care because you're worried about more taxes going to you .

It's ridiculous .
who cares if he only cares about money?
eyes.gif

you stupid kids don't get it, it's pathetic.

None whatsoever .

It's ridiculous .
explain why its ridiculous. not taking a side on this, just wanting an explanation

Originally Posted by ericberry14

None whatsoever .

It's ridiculous .
explain why its ridiculous. not taking a side on this, just wanting an explanation
Because all TBONE cares about is himself .

He really said that (before) he wouldn't care about things done to the community (public schools , streets , transportation , organizations , recreationalcenters for kids) if he got taxed for them . He said that those "things don't matter to him" .

Then someone explained to him , what if he lived in a neighborhood where there would be horrible streets , nowhere for his child to go for activities , justthe main things you expect in a community , &nd he still didn't care .

That's the ridiculous thing ... when people only care about themselves . I always hear the people with the most money complain about getting taxed . Ifit's for the betterment of some kids around my neighborhood , I wouldn't mind giving up a few extra dollars . I know my health is pretty good , but ifI was making 250k+ , I wouldn't mind getting taxed a little to make sure that mother that has cancer can get the medicine she needs to be better . Insteadof me wanting to get 10 inches added to my big screen HDTV .

None whatsoever .

It's ridiculous .

Hows that rediculous? Everybodys going to look out for themselves first.

None whatsoever .

It's ridiculous .

He really said that (before) he wouldn't care about things done to the community (public schools , streets , transportation , organizations , recreational centers for kids) if he got taxed for them . He said that those "things don't matter to him" .

Then someone explained to him , what if he lived in a neighborhood where there would be horrible streets , nowhere for his child to go for activities , just the main things you expect in a community , &nd he still didn't care .

That's the ridiculous thing ... when people only care about themselves . I always hear the people with the most money complain about getting taxed . If it's for the betterment of some kids around my neighborhood , I wouldn't mind giving up a few extra dollars . I know my health is pretty good , but if I was making 250k+ , I wouldn't mind getting taxed a little to make sure that mother that has cancer can get the medicine she needs to be better . Instead of me wanting to get 10 inches added to my big screen HDTV .
The thing about that is that people should have the choice of what they do with the money that they earn. If people want to give to charity, to support community programs, etc. then they are able to. People like TBONE don't want to see people forced to dothings with their money that they don't necessarily agree with. It's all well and good if you have the option of giving your money to the lessfortunate, but again it should be an option.
You can't call him "selfish" anymore than other people can call you selfish for not donating a significant chunk of your earnings to socialprograms, which I'm sure that you don't.

Alright i know this is off topic but i have to let it out somewhere and this thread right now seems to be the best place.
Im hispanic(dominican but born here) dark skinned and all, and while at a friends house two days ago he also had other people over who were cuban(light skin,light eyes,) and they had the nerve to say they are considered cuaccasion(spelling), are they right in this? i always thought that it wasnt your skin colorthat put you into a specific category but actually where your background is from..i told them what i thought and they said no there "white"..SMH iexplained it to them that there hispanic and that if they wanted to see if i was right go to a member or ex member of the KKK and see what they would considerthem as...point blank..
they then had the nerve to say that "they" gave blacks a little freedom and now they feel like they own the sh.t!
i felt mad at this statement because it's obvious where i would be if slavery was still in effect and after all that talk basically on how they think thecolor of there skin makes them white i felt like they were degrading me on my skin color..Fu8k1n6 Ashsoles..
basically im proud to have been born here and actually live here, theres no other place like it especially DR but i love my culture from the food to the musicand language,
and feel like its a shame if you have a background and try to hide it..
to me its amazing that they and I are hispanic yet they consider themselves above me by bascally saying what they said and dont seem to realize that they arestill hispanic to whites..am i right in this? i think a white person will see them as a hispanic in there eyes..

None whatsoever .

It's ridiculous .

He really said that (before) he wouldn't care about things done to the community (public schools , streets , transportation , organizations , recreational centers for kids) if he got taxed for them . He said that those "things don't matter to him" .

Then someone explained to him , what if he lived in a neighborhood where there would be horrible streets , nowhere for his child to go for activities , just the main things you expect in a community , &nd he still didn't care .

That's the ridiculous thing ... when people only care about themselves . I always hear the people with the most money complain about getting taxed . If it's for the betterment of some kids around my neighborhood , I wouldn't mind giving up a few extra dollars . I know my health is pretty good , but if I was making 250k+ , I wouldn't mind getting taxed a little to make sure that mother that has cancer can get the medicine she needs to be better . Instead of me wanting to get 10 inches added to my big screen HDTV .
well if he did say that then it is ridiculous that he wouldnt support at least some of those programs.

but also to the person that quoted you above me, if people were given the choice to donate part of their salary for things like what she mentioned theinfrastructure in the poorer areas would be nonexistant. we would have a country of very nice big cities & terrible everywhere else

Anyone care to discuss taxation, throw me a bone. I am in public accounting.

As far as what Rush said being "Racism?" A big reach on that one.

Universal Health care? A big fail in my opinion. 300,000,000 people living in America and Obama wants them ALL to have health, dental and mental carecoverage regardless of age, previous medical history, or income level.
roll.gif

well if he did say that then it is ridiculous that he wouldnt support at least some of those programs.

but also to the person that quoted you above me, if people were given the choice to donate part of their salary for things like what she mentioned the infrastructure in the poorer areas would be nonexistant. we would have a country of very nice big cities & terrible everywhere else
What do you mean "if people were given the chance"?
People are allowed to do it.

Originally Posted by whiterails

but also to the person that quoted you above me, if people were given the choice to donate part of their salary for things like what she mentioned the infrastructure in the poorer areas would be nonexistant. we would have a country of very nice big cities & terrible everywhere else
i mean if there were no taxes & nothing paid for infrastructure but people's donations.

i mean if there were no taxes & nothing paid for infrastructure but people's donations.
No one's talking about no taxes, of course the government should be responsible for providingservices like infrastructure, but that's different from providing every single person with high quality, free health care.

No one's talking about no taxes, of course the government should be responsible for providing services like infrastructure, but that's different from providing every single person with high quality, free health care.
so you are ok with people not being able to have any health care at all just because they dont make enough. So basically if a poor person getspneumonia & cant afford the health care you have no issue with them dying because they couldnt afford treatment.

Well then going along those lines you wouldnt care if your own mother died because she couldnt afford proper health care?

I'll just interject this one thing I was speaking about with a friend earlier today:

What if we repealed all sales taxes for one whole year, and slightly raised the income taxes to cover that loss. Wouldn't that both stimulate the economy(people seem to think it's cheaoer to buy when there is no sales tax, even though it only equates to a few dollars on the regular stuff they purchase), ANDkeep the money on the books?

Economists help me out. I said before I have no idea how this stuff works...

I just know when there is a tax free day, everybody loses they damn mind like they can buy twice as much stuff... but they really only saved like $30...

EDIT: I was WAY off original topic and I apologize. More to point: Rush Limbaugh is a %%#%@+!, and quite honestly a racist. But I don't think what he saidwas in any way racially motivated. At least that's not how I took it...

Some people in this thread needs to read Robert Nozick. I agree with his ideas, as does is seem some people in this thread do, but they don't work. I'mabout what works. Sure there is no social contract, we aren't responsible for our fellow man, but at the same time where would that leave society if thegov. didn't force somethings upon the people? Someone picture this world in which there are no taxes. Describe this place to me, and please pleasedon't forget that most people in this world would be like Tbone.

No one's talking about no taxes, of course the government should be responsible for providing services like infrastructure, but that's different from providing every single person with high quality, free health care.
so you are ok with people not being able to have any health care at all just because they dont make enough. So basically if a poor person gets pneumonia & cant afford the health care you have no issue with them dying because they couldnt afford treatment.

Well then going along those lines you wouldnt care if your own mother died because she couldnt afford proper health care?
I'm not saying that.
I was explaining why some people resent the idea of paying for other people's health care. Universal health care sounds like a great idea, but it'snot without problems.
You can't just reduce it to saying that people against universal health care don't care about poor people dying.

Intelligence does not equal success. Those achievements could have been made solely on working hard and persistence rather than intelligence. Plus, why are you attempting to draw a correlation between intelligence and being accepted into law school? Many intelligent people choose different careerpaths, and many intelligent people do not even continue their education after high school. Being accepted into law school does not mean you have highintelligence.

As far as the health care argument, Canada is not the model that the US should use. If we want to model our health care system after that of another country,we should choose France. It would be difficult, though, because their health care costs are so low due to the fact that their medical school is tuition-free. Doctors don't need to be paid so much because of this. More tax money would then go to educational institutions instead of to the health care industry andinsurance companies. Again, this would be really difficult and would take a very long time.

Back to the thread topic... Racism will end once people do not associate themselves with a race.

so you are ok with people not being able to have any health care at all just because they dont make enough. So basically if a poor person gets pneumonia & cant afford the health care you have no issue with them dying because they couldnt afford treatment.

I'm not saying that.
I was explaining why some people resent the idea of paying for other people's health care. Universal health care sounds like a great idea, but it's not without problems.
You can't just reduce it to saying that people against universal health care don't care about poor people dying.
but that is what it boils down to. the people with money can afford health care so they keep on living. the poor people cant afford health care sothey dont keep on living

That's true, but what else should be provided to every person in America? People need food to survive, housing, clothing, transportation etc.
Should everyone be given all basic necessities required to survive? Why chose medicine?

I hope Obama fails too.

And it has nothing to do with racism or wanting the country to fail.

I just don't want him to pass things like national health care, shut down Guantanamo, letting the borders be open, passing that terrible stimulus, raising taxes (especially on the rich), putting in place gun control laws that are way too extreme, and the list goes on and on and on....

^I (just like Rush) want all of those things to FAIL..... which was Rush's point..... which is my point.

So in that case, I hope Obama fails.

I generally don't agree with you, but as my days continue, I find myself becoming more fiscally conservative.

Agree 100%.

That's true, but what else should be provided to every person in America? People need food to survive, housing, clothing, transportation etc.
Should everyone be given all basic necessities required to survive? Why chose medicine?
People don't need transportation to survive. Food and clothing can be inexpensive if you want it to be. You can find adequate housing thatis inexpensive. Health care, however, is not cheap. Things like emergency heart transplants are both unexpected and extremely expensive.

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

People don't need transportation to survive. Food and clothing can be inexpensive if you want it to be. You can find adequate housing that is inexpensive. Health care, however, is not cheap. Things like emergency heart transplants are both unexpected and extremely expensive.
Yes, the procedures themselves are expensive, but health insurance is not. If you can afford the aforementioned items, you should be able toafford basic health insurance. It is not out of reach for the vast majority of even lower-middle class Americans.

Why do people even begin to debate with narrow minded people like TBone who live in their perfect little bubble? It's pointless. He's already shown histrue colors.

Originally Posted by CuriousGeorg3

None whatsoever .

It's ridiculous .

Hows that rediculous? Everybodys going to look out for themselves first.
But how is this a healthy way to think? You don't care about your fellow mans well being? What if it was your mother lying at home dying fromcancer because she has no insurance and can't get any help.

America has clearly lost its values.

Back
Top Bottom