Let’s be real about racism

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

(1) And why can't our government be trusted to look out for the best interests of its people? Why would they want to deny us care? I just don't understand this logic.

(2) What you said isn't even relevant to the statement I made. Also, if you actual read, I said that "he took troops from the war that made sense and put them in Iraq" so obviously I think finding Osama Bin Laden is of extreme importance. Raising our defenses didn't cause this crisis, the housing bubble going bust is what caused this crisis.

(3) Americans were at a very vulnerable state at that time. Clearly they are going to rally around the flag, just as past generations have. However, to have all of that support go down the drain so quickly is unprecedented. Obiously you're just trying to get laughs because you resort to personal attacks.

(4) Well they sure didn't have anything to do with Al-Qaeda. You clearly are very ignorant on this topic, but you should definitely read up on the subject.
(1) are you serious? you are telling me that the government is looking out for the best interests of its people with this health care plan? sorry, but its only looking out for those people who choose not to pay fpr health care or who cant afford it (who get care anyways) ... and guess what, ill be choosing not to pay for healthcare if this %#%# happens ... i mean yeah ill be taxed and have to pay for everyone elses care, but it will be faaaaaaaaar less than what im paying now every month ... cuz i mean even you say this is gonna be sooooooo great and the level of care will be soooooo good, why wouldnt someone ditch their current care for "free" care?

(2) so your etelling me the spending on the war didnt have a negative impact on the economy? the "housing bubble going bust" lol what? and that housing bubble was caused by 12 years of the GOP, right?
roll.gif

(3) We were at a very vulnerable state 2 years later when we invaded? really?

(4) al-qaeda? who brought up them? i think saddam was even a little quasi evil ... semi evil ... the diet coke of evil ...
I think AR knows that our war has had a negative impact on the economy, but just not as big of an impact as you are implying, which I would haveto agree with.

We live in a consumer economy, and to put it simply, people have just stopped spending.

The Sub-prime lending crisis began the crisis. The lack of spending is sustaining it. 9/11 did have a negative impact on the economy, but when we look at thebig picture, it is clear that this would have happened anyway.

universal health care is a horrible idea because it won"t work in America. Maybe if we were a different country. Can you imagine OUR Government trying to run something like this?
roll.gif
So wait, America, the greatest country in the world does not have the ability to provide all its citizens with free and efficient health care? How can you laugh at your governments ability to do something great and then call yourself patriotic. Ridiculous.

Read a history book before coming at me with such an ignorant statement.
Maybe you'll then see/know of some of the things our government has managed to screw up & hasn't been good at over the year and right now.

I come into a racist thread with Bone discussing recycled propaganda, NT never changes...That being said I still don't see the point of this thread, I willsay this though.

The only way to get rid of racism is to get rid of the name, too much stigma with icm's.

I'll say this...there isn't a point to get rid of racism.It will naturally phase itself out. Racism isn't a race issue anymore as much as it is aclass issue. Racism started as an economic issue will end as an economic issue. This economic crisis is good because when it is all said and done and a blackman put food on tables(which I honestly think it is more hype than anything else but thats neither here nor there) than that is when racism will end. Besidesthe fact that most of the hardcore racist are old, and that generation isn't releavant anymore. Sure you have some bigets below the age of 25 but honestlyI can't think of too many white peers that are out and out racist.

T-Bone is one of the few people in here speaking the truth.

What I dont get is why people attack him for having different views? I mean it is his right to disagree with Obama, just like the Liberals have been bashingBush for the last 8 years.

I agree with T Bone but I dont feel like arguing with all the morons.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

What I dont get is why people attack him for having different views? I mean it is his right to disagree with Obama, just like the Liberals have been bashing Bush for the last 8 years.

Oh the Irony
roll.gif

I'm not sure if this is in T-bones argument but Obama did lower taxes and has come up with plan to get the troops out of Iraq..with a set date. So to meeverything he promised has come true or si in the working. Obviously not everything but most things that he promised.I just don't seem to understand whypeople are against him still if he is doing what he promised and what mots of America wanted.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

What I dont get is why people attack him for having different views? I mean it is his right to disagree with Obama, just like the Liberals have been bashing Bush for the last 8 years.

Oh the Irony
roll.gif
Obviously you dont agree but 90 % of the people on here have no clue whats going on around the world so its pointless to argue.

at the end of the day there is no point in arguing political views because people will hold on to their original beliefs

funny how this topic turned a complete 360

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Oh the Irony
roll.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

COLD!!!

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

universal health care is a horrible idea because it won"t work in America. Maybe if we were a different country. Can you imagine OUR Government trying to run something like this?
roll.gif
So wait, America, the greatest country in the world does not have the ability to provide all its citizens with free and efficient health care? How can you laugh at your governments ability to do something great and then call yourself patriotic. Ridiculous.
Read a history book before coming at me with such an ignorant statement.
Maybe you'll then see/know of some of the things our government has managed to screw up & hasn't been good at over the year and right now.

Thats cute. I'm a history major. I understand that our government has not always been perfect (Ex. Past eight years) but you have tounderstand that giving 50 million Americans the chance to go to a doctor every once in a while because they are sick and need care is not going to hurt anyone.It is going to help a great deal of people. Why not at least give it a chance to fail, instead of shouting it down saying that its going to fail no questionsasked. Every other industrialized nation in the world has a system of universal health care, and it works. The fact remains that we have the power to help ourfellow man and we choose not to because we don't want higher taxes? If thats the case I honestly may need to move to Europe because a society with suchbackward morals is no place for me.

(1) are you serious? you are telling me that the government is looking out for the best interests of its people with this health care plan? sorry, but its only looking out for those people who choose not to pay fpr health care or who cant afford it (who get care anyways) ... and guess what, ill be choosing not to pay for healthcare if this %#%# happens ... i mean yeah ill be taxed and have to pay for everyone elses care, but it will be faaaaaaaaar less than what im paying now every month ... cuz i mean even you say this is gonna be sooooooo great and the level of care will be soooooo good, why wouldnt someone ditch their current care for "free" care?

(2) so your etelling me the spending on the war didnt have a negative impact on the economy? the "housing bubble going bust" lol what? and that housing bubble was caused by 12 years of the GOP, right?
roll.gif

(3) We were at a very vulnerable state 2 years later when we invaded? really?

(4) al-qaeda? who brought up them? i think saddam was even a little quasi evil ... semi evil ... the diet coke of evil ...
(1) For the life of me I cannot understand why I keep responding to you, but I digress. How is it that it is only looking out for those whocannot/will not pay for health care? It is trying to take a great burden off the shoulders of people who have to worry about being laid off and having theirbenefits cut, so if and when they are, they can still take their sick children to the doctor. It is trying to take the burden off of the elderly men and womenwho have to choose between food and their pills one week of the month because their prescription costs an unreasonable amount of money. The people who can pay,should be able to leave the days of paying for care behind. It would help the system.

(2) Of course it had a negative impact on the economy, but it wasn't the major cause of what is happening right now. You'd have to be crazy to justblame the pointless war we've been fighting in Iraq.

(3) Yes, we were. We still had "Terror Threat Levels" being broadcast on our televisions daily. It was all we heard about day and night. ThenWMD's were brought into the equation and it amplified the fear tenfold. Militarily, we probably were not that vulnerable to an attack, but being poundedwith thoughts of terrorism and nuclear holocaust daily gets to some people. It made them vulnerable, and made them follow the brash decisions that were made byour government.

(4) Evil =/= Terrorist. Terrorist is a blanket term thrown on anyone who opposes the United States/Israel's views for the Middle East. (Or at least thatsseemingly what its been turned into)

TBONE95860 wrote:

For further in-depth answers beyond these brief/quick answers where I may have left out information.... please visit a friendly conservative website

Really?
roll.gif

Hahahah at people jumping on the "For further information" comment...... It was a joke to make fun of people on here who have no idea whatthey're talking about & should try doing some research every once in a while.

As far as the moron comment.... I'd love to see the HS GPA, college GPA, college rank & how many of your are going to law school soon or already in LawSchool...... My intelligence > avg NTers intelligence...... And it's not even close.

Discredit? How? Just because I could care less what other people thin so I have the balls to say things the average person wouldn't?
And your statement about smart people not bragging is so false it's not even funny. You know how many smart people do? Look no further then the actions ofrich people, politicians, and the media..... If you don't see it try opening your eyes.

Discredit? How? Just because I could care less what other people thin so I have the balls to say things the average person wouldn't?
And your statement about smart people not bragging is so false it's not even funny. You know how many smart people do? Look no further then the actions of rich people, politicians, and the media..... If you don't see it try opening your eyes.
true @*!*. everybody that has superior intelligence/wealth/power all flaunt it relentlessly

And your statement about smart people not bragging is so false it's not even funny. You know how many smart people do? Look no further then the actions of rich people, politicians, and the media..... If you don't see it try opening your eyes.

People in those categories aren't necessarily smart, but I get your point none the less. The point he was trying to make is that one shouldn't have tostate anything if true. I disagree, you also used criteria that most wouldn't necessarily agree with as far as intelligence is concerned, but that is foranother day. I would just like to hear an original idea from you for once, but the recycled conservative radio host material will do for the time being.

When the Dixie Chicks spoke out against the war, people called them UnAmerican. RushLimbaugh says he wants the President to fail, and he's now the most favorable Republican in the American public's eye. Go figure.

Real talk, all this I hope he fails nonsense is just that, nonsense.

America has always gone against convention in an attempt to solve its problems? I would love the opportunity to ask all those on the opposition one simplequestion: What would you have him to do? Really. The man has been made President in one of the most tumultuous periods in American history. Some of hisdecisions may not seem to fit right now, but what else can he do?

I've been saying for the longest, the only way to fix anything is to set in place programs to employ the masses... then raise taxes or sell bonds. Limbaughand the rest of those people opposing Pres. Obama are just coming off as bitter. Your candidate, T Bone, did not win. Instead of moaning and groaning about it,GOP officials ought to work with the man when he gives them the chance.

Originally Posted by rtz13

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

Tbone is unpatriotic.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I'm more patriotic idiotic then than you could ever dream to be.
I'm hoping he fails so our country WINS!
dunce+cap.jpg
If you had any sort of reading comprehension you would see TBONE doesn't want the country to fail, you just wanted to use some pics to get lulz.
This is coming from someone who disagrees with TBONE majorly.
TBONE why wouldn't you want Universal Health Care?
Nice to know someone understood the point I was trying to make..... Thanks
pimp.gif

The Universal Health Care issue is a touchy subject because in theory of course it sounds like a great idea.... and if you're against it people are like
indifferent.gif

But the thing is Universal Health Care...... I feel the quality will decrease, which I don't want to happen. Also the waiting lines will increase (substantially)..... and the cost will be HUGE and the government overseeing something THIS big?? That's destined to be a failure......

Why would the quality decrease? Because everyone is entitled to it?

Why would it be more expensive? Do you know how much money insurance companies make? If you got rid of them you could easily run something more efficiently forless even with all the extra admin it would take - but losing the big billing departments.

As far as the moron comment.... I'd love to see the HS GPA, college GPA, college rank & how many of your are going to law school soon or already in Law School...... My intelligence > avg NTers intelligence...... And it's not even close.
LOL. Of course you were going to be given a hard time on Niketalk for saying something like that.

Going to Law School or in Law School?
roll.gif
How about having the Law Degreealready? Let's talk about who has completed the graduate level degrees in here.

The average person(including you)
laugh.gif
doesn't have the expertise toreally debate taxation or economic policies. Many don't even know the difference between revenue and income, marginal income taxes and flat payroll taxes,and the differences in the ways they are accounted for.

Anyways, while I don't respect your political views because they are almost like a cheeleader, I do respect people that look to gain expertise in theirrespective field.

However, I find it difficult to believe that any educated person would compare themself to Rush Limbaugh. In addition, that an educated person would try tojustify saying that he hopes Obama fails. It's not surprising, of course you would hope is as much as a disaster as Bush was. However, it would taketremendous effort, not idiocy, effort to surpass the disaster of a Presidency that was Bush.

if your so much more intelligent than the average NTer, than why do you have type in that huge font just to get your point across?

Hahahah at people jumping on the "For further information" comment...... It was a joke to make fun of people on here who have no idea what they're talking about & should try doing some research every once in a while.
Is that a shot at me? You've ignored everything else I said and its clear you have nothing to say because morals and logic defeat a faultypolitical ideology any day.

Back
Top Bottom