Looking back at the 20's....

I remember when the 20's came out and after the disappointments with the 21 and 22's and way b4 any leaks of the 23's, loads of us here on NT afterinitial skepticism about liking the shoe (hating the straps, lazering etc) grew to love them and a few even said that the concept and/or the actual shoe shouldhave been reserved for the 23's. Tinker seemed to have nailed the inspiration and the element of surprise with the 20's, hence it becoming one of thebeloved editions in the Jordan line...

Now with the 23's about to fizzle out into size 17's only and $500+ availabilty in the coming months and years, how do you think the 23's havestood up against the 20's?....Do some of you believe the 20's concept still should have been what the 23's are...or are you fine with what the23's are and have become?

imo i believe the concept (maybe not the actual shoe) should have been reserved for the 23's, but the the 23's definitely have lived up to the hype sofar....

would do u guys think?

aku6o8.jpg
aj20_wht_blk_9.jpg
aj20_blk_gry_8.jpg

aj23-4.jpg
air-jordan-23-xx3-or-xxiii-all-stars-white-black-varsity-red-1.jpg

the XX is a dope shoe, love the design, the concept, everything about it. The XX3, not so much but hey, ive never even seen them in person.

the stealths are easily one of my top 10-15 jordans of all time

the collection pics aren't mine....they're from another OG NTer a few yrs ago....

i got 1 of the QS's and the stealth 23's only....

I feel that the 20s are a classic of the line. The 23s are look nice but are lacking in cushioning and ankle padding and are way too inflexible and clunky inthe outsole. They hurt to wear! 20s are very comfy though.

The 23 in the end has been a bit disappointing for me. I've generally not liked the embroidery choices either. I love the stealths and more so because theembroidery is more subtle, not contrasting as much. They still have some impressive innovations in construction, materials and aesthetics though. Thethumbprint outsole is genius. The 3D embroidery to help the upper hold it's shape without heat and chemical processing during construction is great tooalthough the spray painting of the midsole seems to me to detract from the environmental credentials they were aiming for. Looks so cool though.

Overall I still like the 23 a lot, it's just a little disappointing that the plush cushioning and fit is not there.

Originally Posted by bundy9

I remember when the 20's came out and after the disappointments with the 21 and 22's and way b4 any leaks of the 23's, loads of us here on NT after initial skepticism about liking the shoe (hating the straps, lazering etc) grew to love them and a few even said that the concept and/or the actual shoe should have been reserved for the 23's. Tinker seemed to have nailed the inspiration and the element of surprise with the 20's, hence it becoming one of the beloved editions in the Jordan line...

Now with the 23's about to fizzle out into size 17's only and $500+ availabilty in the coming months and years, how do you think the 23's have stood up against the 20's?....Do some of you believe the 20's concept still should have been what the 23's are...or are you fine with what the 23's are and have become?

imo i believe the concept (maybe not the actual shoe) should have been reserved for the 23's, but the the 23's definitely have lived up to the hype so far....

would do u guys think?

aku6o8.jpg

That Dang LoveTheXIV! Having all of those stealths and still trying to FRAUD me over my pair........I still get
mad.gif
and
tired.gif
at the same time. but he got what was coming to him though
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by SlimK4

bundy9 wrote:

I remember when the 20's came out and after the disappointments with the 21 and 22's and way b4 any leaks of the 23's, loads of us here on NT
after initial skepticism about liking the shoe (hating the straps, lazering etc) grew to love them and a few even said that the concept and/or the actual
shoe should have been reserved for the 23's. Tinker seemed to have nailed the inspiration and the element of surprise with the 20's, hence it
becoming one of the beloved editions in the Jordan line...

Now with the 23's about to fizzle out into size 17's only and $500+ availabilty in the coming months and years, how do you think the 23's have
stood up against the 20's?....Do some of you believe the 20's concept still should have been what the 23's are...or are you fine with what the
23's are and have become?

imo i believe the concept (maybe not the actual shoe) should have been reserved for the 23's, but the the 23's definitely have lived up to the hype
so far....

would do u guys think?

aku6o8.jpg

That Dang LoveTheXIV! Having all of those stealths and still trying to FRAUD me over my pair........I still get
mad.gif
and
tired.gif
at the same time. but he got what was coming to him though
tongue.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif

i didnt even look at the tag, somebody cue the GIFs

Originally Posted by Air Elijah

I feel that the 20s are a classic of the line. The 23s are look nice but are lacking in cushioning and ankle padding and are way too inflexible and clunky in the outsole. They hurt to wear! 20s are very comfy though.

The 23 in the end has been a bit disappointing for me. I've generally not liked the embroidery choices either. I love the stealths and more so because the embroidery is more subtle, not contrasting as much. They still have some impressive innovations in construction, materials and aesthetics though. The thumbprint outsole is genius. The 3D embroidery to help the upper hold it's shape without heat and chemical processing during construction is great too although the spray painting of the midsole seems to me to detract from the environmental credentials they were aiming for. Looks so cool though.

Overall I still like the 23 a lot, it's just a little disappointing that the plush cushioning and fit is not there.

yea i feel what ur sayin....i think for me what kinda dimnishes the value of the 23's compared to the 20's (and all of the newer version j's aswell, including retro's) are the myriad of CW's that release....with the 20's u had ur white and reds, stealths, QS's and then ur regionaleditions to balace the colour craze... with the reduced numbers of colours there were in years past, like with the 11-14's e.g. it made the shoes specialand sometin u feel u "need" to get...

now with all the opportunities to have so many colours (apart from it being irritating for less fortunate buyers who cant cop all) it makes the shoe seem lessspecial.

*performance wise...ur right on again...the 23's do hurt to play in after a bit, especially round the midfoot goin on to the front, the 20's are reallycomfy with the IPS cushioning etc...
*design wise i love both honestly...the 20's set off the lazering trend which most of us have grown to hate and incorporated much design and story elementswhich just made the shoe just extremely interesting....whereas the 23's stitching, thumb print sole and simplicity makes it a touch of class IMO....i guessit kind of progresses and proves the "less is more" adage compared to the 20's....

both are lovely....but again, i think maybe the releases between the 20-23 should've been shuffled slightly, making the 20's concept what the 23'sshould be. i got both and love both, but thats my view...

yeah I agree with ya on the 20's ...only thing is it's really a summer shoe to me so I don't really rock them that often

As much as I like the 20's, the 23's are a much better looking shoe; one of the best designs I've seen from Jordan in a while.

I was actually more disappointed with the XX's then the XX1's. the XX1's are mad with a lot better quality(well the OGs are), and are a betterbasketball shoe overall. I believe the XX3 out shines the XX's because the XX3 is the last shoe in the signature design and i believe are a lot moreattractive. So i am going to disagree with a lot of you guys and say that the XX3 is the better shoe

^ hmmm...initeresting....someone who believes the 21's were better than 20's.....dont mean to single u out but, this is the 1st time i've heardthat opinion actually.

i did like the 21's dont get me wrong, i just dont think design-wise it delivered....performace wise, i cant really say cuz i've never balled inmine...but just in terms of comfort from casual wears i prefer my 20's....

and i respect ur opnion on the 23's and 20's....both are truly very attractive shoes...design wise the 20's got so much going on, it was just eyecandy...and as i said on the 23's the phrase "less is more" seems to go hand in hand with it....it definitely delivered...performance/comfort- istill think 20's are better...just think concept of 20's should've been da 23's

The first 3 colorways are dope
pimp.gif

Stealths are in the top 10 of any Air Jordan. I need some Quickstrikes too.

XXs are great but I don't think they should have saved the XX's idea for last sig shoe, because the 20th year is still a very important year in anycompany even though 23 is a big year for JB

XX3 >XX

Both are
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

just to clarify, i'm not some newbie when it comes to jordans. i bought my first pair of jordans in 1985. that being said...for me...the air jordan XX3 isthe best jordan ever made. they definitely saved the best for last.

Yea Mayne, I love my stealths 20's
embarassed.gif
...I love'em so much, Ibought 3 Pairs when they came out..rocked one the otha 2 are dead stocked till this day
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

23> 20 all day but 20 is still a milestone for JB. but 23 is more of a milestone even if they came out in reverse order.

Back
Top Bottom