Malcolm X Birthday Thread...Appreciation...Quotes

I know Malcolm stands as a controversial figure to this day, but I believe he stood in sincerity when he demanded justice for all people of the world.  A great thinker, orator, and leader.  A courageous man to say the least.

I'd just like to offer a few quotes of his that have always stuck with me and then just let it roll from there.  I consider myself a Christian but I make no distinction in the God that Malcolm and myself praise.

So, with that being said...Happy Birthday El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz!

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice, no matter who it is for or against. I'm a human being, first and foremost, and as such I'm for whoever and whatever benefits humanity as a whole."

"Education is our passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today."

"Truth is on the side of the oppressed."

"If you have no critics you'll likely have no success. "

"We need more light about each other. Light creates understanding, understanding creates love, love creates patience, and patience creates unity."

"If you're not ready to die for it, take the word 'freedom' out of your vocabulary."

"The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses."

"A wise man can play the part of a clown, but a clown can't play the part of a wise man."

"I see America through the eyes of the victim. I don't see any American dream--I see an American nightmare."

"To me, the thing that is worse than death is betrayal. You see, I could conceive death, but I could not conceive betrayal."

"As long as you are convinced you have never done anything, you can never do anything."

9b83676950dfc5288bed6fd6a6da2bf617bd788c_r.jpg

I know Malcolm stands as a controversial figure to this day, but I believe he stood in sincerity when he demanded justice for all people of the world.  A great thinker, orator, and leader.  A courageous man to say the least.

I'd just like to offer a few quotes of his that have always stuck with me and then just let it roll from there.  I consider myself a Christian but I make no distinction in the God that Malcolm and myself praise.

So, with that being said...Happy Birthday El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz!

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice, no matter who it is for or against. I'm a human being, first and foremost, and as such I'm for whoever and whatever benefits humanity as a whole."

"Education is our passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today."

"Truth is on the side of the oppressed."

"If you have no critics you'll likely have no success. "

"We need more light about each other. Light creates understanding, understanding creates love, love creates patience, and patience creates unity."

"If you're not ready to die for it, take the word 'freedom' out of your vocabulary."

"The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses."

"A wise man can play the part of a clown, but a clown can't play the part of a wise man."

"I see America through the eyes of the victim. I don't see any American dream--I see an American nightmare."

"To me, the thing that is worse than death is betrayal. You see, I could conceive death, but I could not conceive betrayal."

"As long as you are convinced you have never done anything, you can never do anything."

9b83676950dfc5288bed6fd6a6da2bf617bd788c_r.jpg

It's good to see that the Malcolm thread made it to the second page amongst the likes of the "Breast Appreciation Thread" 
laugh.gif

Which I endorse as well...
glasses.gif

It's good to see that the Malcolm thread made it to the second page amongst the likes of the "Breast Appreciation Thread" 
laugh.gif

Which I endorse as well...
glasses.gif

" I did many things as a [Black] Muslim that I'm sorry for now. I was a zombie then -- like all [Black] Muslims -- I was hypnotized, pointed in a certain direction and told to march. Well, I guess a man's entitled to make a fool of himself if he's ready to pay the cost. It cost me twelve years."

He realized this too late, was taken from this world too soon. Mythologized so much, truly known so little. I think a lot of people don't understand who X was and what he believed when he was killed.

" I did many things as a [Black] Muslim that I'm sorry for now. I was a zombie then -- like all [Black] Muslims -- I was hypnotized, pointed in a certain direction and told to march. Well, I guess a man's entitled to make a fool of himself if he's ready to pay the cost. It cost me twelve years."

He realized this too late, was taken from this world too soon. Mythologized so much, truly known so little. I think a lot of people don't understand who X was and what he believed when he was killed.

"The next day I was in my car driving along the freeway when at a red light another car pulled alongside. A white woman was driving and on the passenger's side, next to me, was a white man. 'Malcolm X!' he called out-and when I looked, he stuck his hand out of his car, across at me, grinning, 'Do you mind shaking hands with a white man?' Imagine that! Just as the traffic light turned green, I told him, 'I don't mind shaking hands with human beings. Are you one?''

much appreciated indeed

"The next day I was in my car driving along the freeway when at a red light another car pulled alongside. A white woman was driving and on the passenger's side, next to me, was a white man. 'Malcolm X!' he called out-and when I looked, he stuck his hand out of his car, across at me, grinning, 'Do you mind shaking hands with a white man?' Imagine that! Just as the traffic light turned green, I told him, 'I don't mind shaking hands with human beings. Are you one?''

much appreciated indeed

"Never ask a woman how many men she's been with - either she'll lie to you, and you'll never know the truth...

...or she'll tell you the truth, and you'll wish you never asked."

"Never ask a woman how many men she's been with - either she'll lie to you, and you'll never know the truth...

...or she'll tell you the truth, and you'll wish you never asked."

shots to my brother malcolm my fav. quote follows....

"In all our deeds, the proper value and respect for time determines success or failure"

Back
Top Bottom