Memorization techniques?

I've always had a pretty strong memory but for the past few months I've really been trying to strengthen my memory. I want to be those type of peoplethat can read over something once and read it back to you word for word
pimp.gif

For the past few months I've been working on memorizing a lot of material and retaining it. I'm trying to memorize a roughly 300 page book. I'vebeen doing this for 2 months now, only weekends and no more than 2 hours a day. I have around 15 pages down word for word and its been pretty easy so far butits been starting to get pretty hard to retain the new stuff lately. I know this can't be my limit especially when dudes back in the day used to memorizelibraries of books
sick.gif

What are some good techniques that help with memory. I heard honey is good for your brain so before I start memorizing I eat a spoon full of honey and drinksome water. Its also easy to memorize when you put a rhythm to it or have some sort of pattern you can refer back to later on but this is starting to backfireon me as I'm memorizing more and more
laugh.gif

Real talk.... if you eat bananas they help your memory alot..... well actually the potassium from them. I can remember a set of directions with about 12 stepsin it for days without writing it down.

get in the rap game after you finish. jigga what?

nah.. i been thinkin' about this lately too, but i'm not trying to memorize a text of words that large. i just want to do small techniques.

This

This is

This is hands

This is hands down

This is hands down the

This is hands down the best

This is hands down the best way

This is hands down the best way to

This is hands down the best way to memorize

This is hands down the best way to memorize something.

Interestingly enough, I read an article stating that men peak intellectually at 27 as well as begin to exhibit early signs of memory loss, possibly Alzheimers.I'll see if I can find it... Like others have said, writing (especially the main/important parts) works for me. As well as rhythm and repetition. I'dsuggest a mnemonic device, but that doesn't seem like it'd help in this situation.

Originally Posted by LittlePeteWrigley

Interestingly enough, I read an article stating that men peak intellectually at 27 as well as begin to exhibit early signs of memory loss, possibly Alzheimers. I'll see if I can find it... Like others have said, writing (especially the main/important parts) works for me. As well as rhythm and repetition. I'd suggest a mnemonic device, but that doesn't seem like it'd help in this situation.
Interesting. I've read something in the past similar to that too it said the peak was 23.

Originally Posted by Wooly Willy

I've always had a pretty strong memory but for the past few months I've really been trying to strengthen my memory. I want to be those type of people that can read over something once and read it back to you word for word
pimp.gif

For the past few months I've been working on memorizing a lot of material and retaining it. I'm trying to memorize a roughly 300 page book. I've been doing this for 2 months now, only weekends and no more than 2 hours a day. I have around 15 pages down word for word and its been pretty easy so far but its been starting to get pretty hard to retain the new stuff lately. I know this can't be my limit especially when dudes back in the day used to memorize libraries of books
sick.gif

What are some good techniques that help with memory. I heard honey is good for your brain so before I start memorizing I eat a spoon full of honey and drink some water. Its also easy to memorize when you put a rhythm to it or have some sort of pattern you can refer back to later on but this is starting to backfire on me as I'm memorizing more and more
laugh.gif
eek.gif
Damn, a 300 page book? 15 pages word for word? That'spretty impressive. I never knew that you could train your memory.

I heard that if you read, or say something 18 times straight it instantly goes into memory. Try reading a book 18 times
sick.gif
. As far as natural remedies for memory there are vitamins you can take toenhance it like; b5 vitamins, which works as a stress reliever, zinc, copper etc.. zinc actually is a cell stimulator but works we'll with copper after 30days..So, if you blaze that would be cool to take. Good luck with that.

Back
Top Bottom