Memphis Grizzlies vs Los Angeles Clippers: LAC Advances 4-3

Originally Posted by MoonMan818

Originally Posted by MoonMan818

Originally Posted by PMatic

i

Time to sick Tony Allen on Chris Paul for the entire game.
So he can get that %*% torched all night?
laugh.gif

CP way too quick for that ******ed %*% **$*!.

Clips in 5... leggo

Blake 23 12 4
CP3   22  5  13
and yall thought I was crazy.
pimp.gif

I see ska was in top form today. Would be nice if an admin could contribute more to a thread other than repeating the same thing over and over. Those looks the players gave the refs really changed the entire outcome of the game. Damn!

This was the loudest I've heard Staples Center.
pimp.gif

Even the ushers were getting in on the booing and cheering
laugh.gif

We need to close them out on Wednesday. If it goes to game 6 anything can happen and then Game 7 would be theirs to lose.

I

Hey Memphis I know I might late but Leeeeeggggggooooo!!!! #$+%+!% Grizz fan at the game talking about yall shoulda been 3-0
laugh.gif
Butthurt lames!!!!

Originally Posted by erupt107th

I see ska was in top form today. Would be nice if an admin could contribute more to a thread other than repeating the same thing over and over. Those looks the players gave the refs really changed the entire outcome of the game. Damn!

This was the loudest I've heard Staples Center.
pimp.gif

Even the ushers were getting in on the booing and cheering
laugh.gif

We need to close them out on Wednesday. If it goes to game 6 anything can happen and then Game 7 would be theirs to lose.

I

THIS. If we don't win in 5 or 6 I can see them winning game 7.

Finally made my return to Clippers playoff basketball tonight and it was amazing. The same atmosphere that I loved so much in 2006 was amplified. Every person wearing Memphis gear were definitely hearing it (all love, except this one guy in my section that kept cussing at a few fans). I tried to get a few chants going but failed miserably. 
laugh.gif

So glad to be able to enjoy Clippers playoff basketball. I'm not sure If I will be able to stay away if a game 6 is needed or round 2 comes around. 
pimp.gif

FeelsBadMan,

Marc Gasol you would think is better than 1 out of 4 man. Game 5 obviously is a msut win for us.

If the clips want to win this series, they definitely should close it out in 5. With all of these games going down to the wire like this, if you have a chance to close out, you have to capitalize.

Game 1 hurts even more now.

its a shame how the grizzlies are punished for playing tough simply because the clippers play basketball like soccer players.

We can complain about the flopping all we want, but one team has a superstar and the other team doesn't.

That's the difference in this series.

^chris Paul is the difference maker. This series kinda proves Rudy Gay is overrated, offensively he has the potential to be KD but hes come up short this whole series he doesn't have the ability to take over the game like Paul.

We can complain about the flopping all we want, but one team has a superstar and the other team doesn't.

Thread and people saying Rondo is the best PG in the league.

Ay man.. good game for the clips but what's up with all the flopping man? It was kinda ruining the game for me..

You would think with all the people claiming the Clipper's were flopping to the max LA would have a huge free throw advantage and these games would be blow outs.  Bottom line is that when you lose by a couple points...it didn't come down to flopping and you had chances to win the game.  Rudy Gay has had multiple games he could have won at the buzzer, but people talk about flopping is the reason they are losing the series.  No the problem is Memphis's inability to close out games. 

Dallas was flopping against OKC last year, but if OKC would have done a better job finishing games, it would have been a non-factor. 

Memphis needs to run something that vaguely resembles an offensive set in Game 6...I have no idea what they are doing out there. 

302yywh.gif

This dude flops even when the refs bump into him. It's become natural instinct.
30t6p3b.gif

Here is Chris Webber discussin Blake Griffin flopping.

Originally Posted by JesusShuttlesworth34

You would think with all the people claiming the Clipper's were flopping to the max LA would have a huge free throw advantage and these games would be blow outs.  Bottom line is that when you lose by a couple points...it didn't come down to flopping and you had chances to win the game.  Rudy Gay has had multiple games he could have won at the buzzer, but people talk about flopping is the reason they are losing the series.  No the problem is Memphis's inability to close out games. 

Dallas was flopping against OKC last year, but if OKC would have done a better job finishing games, it would have been a non-factor. 

Memphis needs to run something that vaguely resembles an offensive set in Game 6...I have no idea what they are doing out there. 
There getting free throws from flops, that's all that matters. Using your logic, all the games should have a big free throw advantage for the Grizzlies and the only thing stopping that from happening are the 
Clips flopping and get calls. Last night even Chris Webber was calling out Griffin's flopping , CP3 tried to flop when THE REF touched him. I bet even Italian soccer players can't stand the Clippers flopping. 

I am a huge Chris Webber guy from...his observations didn't hold much weight when Blake was dunking the ball and getting clocked in the face.  I don't care what is reaction is and if people like the guy, tell Memphis players to keep their arms straight up.   Webber said something to the affect of, well it was a foul but it didn't hurt like that...and I stopped listening to him on that topic.   C-Webb and the Kings (Who I always rooted for) used to flop with Divac, Peja, and Doug Christie as well.  The pot cannot call the kettle black.  

And that is not my logic...my logic is if the Clippers are getting all of the calls, can someone tell me what the free throw discrepancy is for the series?  It should heavily be in favor of LA right? 

Originally Posted by JesusShuttlesworth34

I am a huge Chris Webber guy from...his observations didn't hold much weight when Blake was dunking the ball and getting clocked in the face.  I don't care what is reaction is and if people like the guy, tell Memphis players to keep their arms straight up.   Webber said something to the affect of, well it was a foul but it didn't hurt like that...and I stopped listening to him on that topic.   C-Webb and the Kings (Who I always rooted for) used to flop with Divac, Peja, and Doug Christie as well.  The pot cannot call the kettle black.  

And that is not my logic...my logic is if the Clippers are getting all of the calls, can someone tell me what the free throw discrepancy is for the series?  It should heavily be in favor of LA right? 
Smh. Dude C-Webb's past history with floppers has nothing to do with this argument. He is a commentator calling out instances of the Clippers, mostly Blake, trying to get calls by flopping. Van Gundy would have done the same thing, and way more harshly. I agree Blake gets hit hard, but that's no excuse for his flopping. First off he is a PF and a star player, he's gonna get hit hard, he needs to %#%%!$% deal with it. Not like he doesn't get those calls. And with all the mean muggin and flopping Griffin does, when players get a chance to knock him on his +@@, they will.
And you said the flopping is not making a difference in this series, it's Memphis's inability to close games. Which I agree is true, but in games this close, if the Clippers are getting fouls calls and free throws from flops, then it does have an affect on the result of the game. 

Memphis I think has a +12 ot 13 advantage in free throws for the series. 

Chuuuuch
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom