Michael Jackson 1958-2009..................... Memorial Set for July 7th at Staples Center

Originally Posted by dreClark

But I imagine his thorough fans are taking it really hard. And they span all races. So I don't think there is any divide on a large scale.

yea i agree. I just don't see how's there's a racial divide

Originally Posted by Q46totheE

Do any of you feel that there is a racial divide as far as how people

A) view Michael Jackson

B) handling his death

?

There was a conversation on the radio about this when I was driving to work today.

A white man at my job did just say, "They are focusing on the wrong death." Everybody gave him the
indifferent.gif

R.I.P. He will get the peace that he deserved during his life. It's sad to see he is still being ridiculed for his actions even in his death. We lost alegend.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Chicagos Finest 23

"People never get the flowers while they can still smell em"

Thats my issue. Now everyone has him in their avy. Pumpn his music as if hes more important now than he was 2 weeks ago. To many his death just means more$$$...(to the people waiting to selling his vinyl) If he really meant that much to you, then thats coo. Cry your eyes out. But just dont jump on that bandwagonCause its cool to do so.

A) view Michael Jackson

B) handling his death

?

There was a conversation on the radio about this when I was driving to work today.
^

I dunno.

But it seems like a lot of people, regardless of race, are taking it kinda hard.

Honestly, at least in my case, it was more of a shock thing rather than a super sad "I can't believe he's gone
frown.gif
" type sentiment.

What have you seen Marco?

The fact that I was never a big-big, MJ Let me go get the glove-jacket-hat and go watch moonwalker type of fan probably explains part of it.

But I imagine his thorough fans are taking it really hard. And they span all races. So I don't think there is any divide on a large scale.

I'm a HUGE fan, have his whole discography and probably am listening to a MJ track 30% of the time I'm listening to music. Used to practice his dancemoves in my basement and all that. I was seeing Transformers when I got texts about it and it kinda made it hard to pay attention to the movie, but I was moreshocked than sad or anything. Like when Sean Taylor died I was a mess. I couldn't get any of my work done for a week and I was just crying and crying. Idon't really feel that way right now. I'm white BTW if that helps DoubleJs survey any
laugh.gif

i used to be the biggest mj fan growing up n stuff...but death happens...its apart of life. RIP and prayers to all his family friends and fans

CNN announced Michael Jackson is still alive
eek.gif

That was just to make some of you guys feel better
grin.gif

Great respect and condolences to Michael and his family...It will be a sad week for most of us
tired.gif

REST IN PEACE....You will forever be missed

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

A) view Michael Jackson

B) handling his death

?

A white man at my job did just say, "They are focusing on the wrong death." Everybody gave him the
indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif
foryour co-worker

Originally Posted by nnarum

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by cguy610

Originally Posted by bheights21

i can't believe people are on here with their "going too far comments" smh
That's because some people are "going too far". Talking about they can't eat, sleep, cried all day and night and woke up this morning crying. People are talking about beating anybody up that brings up his child molestation allegations. And they never met the man.
laugh.gif
Yea that is going too far.
I think people do these things for attention. Sure he's going to be missed, but ya'll act like he was blood. I mean, do these people not work that are just sitting around crying on TV?

yea if you met him or your fam i can understand crying and stuff but other people need to ++%!%

these are some quotes on twitter i seen

"Music lives forever. Do you really care if its creator dies? How many of us had ANYTHING nice tosay about MJ recently?"
"As long as you have ears and a soul, Michael Jackson will NEVER die."
"The MJ that we LOVE has BEEN dead. We killed him."
"How can we wish for a man to rest in peace if we deny him peace in life?"

"JUST TWO DAYS AGO YALL WAS PROLLY MAKING SICK JOKES ABOUT MIKE..NOW YALLCRYING...THIS N!GG@ AINT RELATED TO YALL"

that is all.

Originally Posted by IICEMAN83

Thats my issue. Now everyone has him in their avy. Pumpn his music as if hes more important now than he was 2 weeks ago. To many his death just means more $$$...(to the people waiting to selling his vinyl) If he really meant that much to you, then thats coo. Cry your eyes out. But just dont jump on that bandwagon Cause its cool to do so.
I agree with this.

To comment on the racial divide, Michael made sure he had fans of every race, background, and culture.

"I'm not gonna spend my life being a color."

A) view Michael Jackson

B) handling his death

?

^

I dunno.

But it seems like a lot of people, regardless of race, are taking it kinda hard.

Honestly, at least in my case, it was more of a shock thing rather than a super sad "I can't believe he's gone
frown.gif
" type sentiment.

What have you seen Marco?

The fact that I was never a big-big, MJ Let me go get the glove-jacket-hat and go watch moonwalker type of fan probably explains part of it.

I'm with you 100% on that. I grew up in the 80's so I always had an appreciation for his music. However, I can't ignore the fact that he was asick individual for his affinity towards children etc....his problems never affected the way I would bump his music, but I always looked at him as a person ina different light after what he essentially became.

But to answer your question, many of the callers who were white, we're a little more insensitive towards his death. On the flip, many of the black callerswere showing remorse and sadness for what happened. I know it's an extreme, but the racial divide in the OJ case was brought up by one of the hosts....

it was a small sampling that I heard on the radio, and you really hit the nail on the head when you said his THOROUGH fans are taking it especially hard...nomatter what the race.

I dunno...it's sad to see a legend pass, but this didn't really hit me as hard as I thought. I'm not insensitive, but it's really hard on myend to ignore a lot of his demons. Like I said before, I appreciate his music, but Michael Jackson as a person....I became indifferent over time.

smh.gif
laugh.gif
@ Marco

A) view Michael Jackson

B) handling his death

?

MJ was celebrated by all races, he was one of the first artists to truly transcend race, only squabbles is on the part of some who don't wantto acknowledge the fact that he was bigger than Elvis & The Beatles and point out his faults while the same people refuse to acknowledge the faults ofthose 2 aforementioned artist/group

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

yea i agree. I just don't see how's there's a racial divide
I'm not seeing any racial divide, but I don't think anyone under the age of 16 really don't know the magnitude of what just happened.My younger cousin IMed me wondering what the big deal was about MJ. It's my fault for not raising him right I guess.

Originally Posted by IICEMAN83

Thats my issue. Now everyone has him in their avy. Pumpn his music as if hes more important now than he was 2 weeks ago.
To many his death just means more $$$...(to the people waiting to selling his vinyl)
If he really meant that much to you, then thats coo. Cry your eyes out. But just dont jump on that bandwagon
Cause its cool to do so.

I've noticed this too. This and when Heath Ledger passed away, he suddenly somehow became five times a better actor than he was before his death.

It's sad how someone needs to friggin DIE to be appreciated more.

Originally Posted by sneakerfan93

CNN announced Michael Jackson is still alive
eek.gif

That was just to make some of you guys feel better
grin.gif

Great respect and condolences to Michael and his family...It will be a sad week for most of us
tired.gif

REST IN PEACE....You will forever be missed

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

Don't wanna start a new thread, but would you ever want "Michael Jackson" fame?
#!+% no.
Like when Sean Taylor died I was a mess.

Man I was having this comversation last night on twitter and w/ my roomate after the draft.

The death of Sean and Bundles hit me a LOT harder than MJ's did. But, I think it's because
https://twitter.com/Cool__Jay
Cool__Jay@Dre_704 because we seen Mike reach the zenith, its harder when all u have is potential and what ifs and what coulda beens...
True story.

However, I can't ignore the fact that he was a sick individual for his affinity towards children etc....his problems never affected the way I would bump his music, but I always looked at him as a person in a different light after what he essentially became.

I dunno...it's sad to see a legend pass, but this didn't really hit me as hard as I thought. I'm not insensitive, but it's really hard on my end to ignore a lot of his demons. Like I said before, I appreciate his music, but Michael Jackson as a person....I became indifferent over time.

Yep, that's the 500LB Neon Green elephant in the room. Some people can ignore it. Others can't.

In this case, you have to separate the man from the music.

in the last years of his life, ppl were so eager to judge him. now that he's dead, everyone's praising him. finally

Back
Top Bottom