***MLB Feet and Equipment 2013***NEW THREAD

Happy New Year everyone!  Glad to see the new thread up and running.

Nice pickups, those Baum bats are nice but I just can't personally use a composite.  Doesn't have the same feel as wood, plus I hate the shock you get when you get jammed with those.  

Couple of ebay finds:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230903652064?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1426.l2649

if anybody want's to simulate having a nike mask on the cheap.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Pairs-of-...4201?pt=US_Batting_Gloves&hash=item3f20ba5d89

Happy New Year everyone!  Glad to see the new thread up and running.

Nice pickups, those Baum bats are nice but I just can't personally use a composite.  Doesn't have the same feel as wood, plus I hate the shock you get when you get jammed with those.  

Couple of ebay finds:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230903652064?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1426.l2649

if anybody want's to simulate having a nike mask on the cheap.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Pairs-of-...4201?pt=US_Batting_Gloves&hash=item3f20ba5d89

Funny thing I never got the shock when using a Baum. I did with a lot of wood bats but not Baum and I don't use gloves so it hurts double when I swing with wood being thrown at 90+

can anyone recomend a good brand of athletic tape to me? i like to tape my wrists with black tape, but it always ends up coming unstuck and flapping around at the end. ive used cramer and a different brand

Can somebody please tell me where I can grab a Swingman 3/4 black large shirt? I can't find it anywhere. It used to be on DSG but it's not there anymore and I finally got a paycheck to buy my gear for the year.

how hard is it to track down a pair of mizuno techfire BG's from the early 90's like Ricky Henderson used to wear (any color)?

how hard is it to track down a pair of mizuno techfire BG's from the early 90's like Ricky Henderson used to wear (any color)?
i have seen some on ebay in the past...i would love to get a pair of the neon green ones i used to have in little league..best gloves ever

i have seen some on ebay in the past...i would love to get a pair of the neon green ones i used to have in little league..best gloves ever
I agree, been trying to track down a set of green, blue or red techfires or the other series with the volt in between the fingers, never have any luck on ebay with em at all.  very tough to find

Birthday Bratt Bat came in today. Will post pics tomorrow. Celebrating my day today. God bless everyone.

Under Armour is really doing a lot of stuff with their gear that doesn't make much sense. It doesn't even look good.

I agree, been trying to track down a set of green, blue or red techfires or the other series with the volt in between the fingers, never have any luck on ebay with em at all.  very tough to find
ohhhh man....i remember the ones with the volt in between the fingers..i had the red ones...dude you are bringing back alot of good memories,thanks for that ha

ohhhh man....i remember the ones with the volt in between the fingers..i had the red ones...dude you are bringing back alot of good memories,thanks for that ha
thanks bro, good to see others out there liked the old mizuno stuff.  fingers crossed we can find some of it.

Although this isn't a baseball shoe, I have decided to buy these for baseball training purposes and hitting cage time only.

My review for the UA Cam Highlight Training Shoe

At first glance it comes in a big chrome box just like the Dada Chrome shoes Chris Webber wore for the NBA All Star game many years ago.
Unwrapping it and seeing for the first time you are amazed at the lightness of the shoe. Below is the outside view of the shoe.
View media item 208720
Next is the front of the shoe which to my surprise was nubuck, which to me it is ok but once I get sweating down there while training and stuff who knows how long the material will last and how dirty it will get.
View media item 208721
Next is the inside view of the shoe and overall it is a very appealing shoe but here are two downers for this shoe. First, guys with wide feet stay away. I was fortunate to have narrow feet so to me personally it fit well after a long struggle to put them on. Second thing that stunk was, the pain and a struggle to tighten and put on these shoes on. Boxing shoes were easier to put on than these things. You basically have to unwrap the laces down to the middle just to get started in inserting your foot and then tying them up. Which if I am in time crunch I am screwed. Note to UA if you are going to produce these type of shoes please have a better way of inserting the foot. At this time it seems too narrow to insert. Also, these things are not ankle protectors so beware, it does snug the ankle but no way this will protect you from rolling your ankle.
View media item 208722
Overall, it is a nice shoe and thank goodness for a good % off the price or else I would waited for these to come to the outlet stores.
I imagine them to be like these shoes the ones Bryce wore in the All Star game...so this is close as it got.View media item 208699
BTW inserted with these shoes was another pair of laces...which were Red. I do not know why Red but they included a pair of Red laces SMH.

So there you go my little review for the CN

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom