***MLB Feet and Equipment 2013***NEW THREAD

Menloakz I live in the eastbay and have been desparately wanting one of those green nike wrist straps. Which Marshalls did you snag it from?

Menloakz I live in the eastbay and have been desparately wanting one of those green nike wrist straps. Which Marshalls did you snag it from?
i found that at the marshalls in santa clara on stevens creek..that was the last one.. and the black one is a kids size, which i will be returning.. im going to check out marshalls on the peninsula to try and hunt down more of them. i went to the marshalls in san leandro and they had nothing.  

Are those MCS cleats an MLB version? I don't remember that color being made in an MCS they just had the cheaper version of those available I thought.

Check out Jeremy Gunthrie's collection!!!!

Probably the best PE baseball spike collection in the world
thanks for posting this man..awesome

Are those MCS cleats an MLB version? I don't remember that color being made in an MCS they just had the cheaper version of those available I thought.
Yea. They could be.  I had never seen them in an mcs with the air max bubble on it.  They also had the swing mans in mcs for $20.  

Thoughts in MCS vs Metal cleats? Im still debating which type im going to get for my baseball/softball leagues this summer.

I picked up all this stuff at the Astros Foundation College Classic at minute maid. With the logo and uniform change, they were looking to get rid of all the old logo stuff. Mostly everything was game worn, except a few random shirts were new with tags and hats. They had shirts, sliding shorts, hats (game and BP), wristbands, socks, skull caps, and even ski masks lol

The prices were incredible. With the shirts, anything Nike was $5, Majestic was $10. All headwear was $5.

I got 2 long sleeve hyper cools, a majestic mock, and a ski cap.

Both hyper cools are the same size, but the 1st one pictured is much smaller and tighter fitting. Also, the mesh material is different, and on the 2nd one, the mesh extends down the sleeve. If I'm not mistaken the 1st one pictured is an older model than the 2nd.

They also had multiple pairs of unworn Bagwell cleats. They were absolutely sick. Not sure on the model but they were all black with a white check and the check was outlined in gold. I couldn't take a picture because they were in a glass case behind the counter and they wouldn't let me walk back there to take a picture. I wanted them so bad, but there was no way I was dropping $350 on them lol

View media item 297279View media item 297280View media item 297282View media item 297284View media item 297285View media item 297286View media item 297287View media item 297288

Thoughts in MCS vs Metal cleats? Im still debating which type im going to get for my baseball/softball leagues this summer.
i have always been a metal guy but i am an outfielder.  i never understood guys wearing mcs in the outfield.. i play softball every now and then and its always an adventure when i have to wear mcs's out there. the softball league i play in doesnt allow metals.. for infielders, i think mcs works well in dirt. the mcs is almost always a lighter shoe if you are particular about shoe weight.  if you are a pitcher, metals are a must.  

i have always been a metal guy but i am an outfielder.  i never understood guys wearing mcs in the outfield.. i play softball every now and then and its always an adventure when i have to wear mcs's out there. the softball league i play in doesnt allow metals.. for infielders, i think mcs works well in dirt. the mcs is almost always a lighter shoe if you are particular about shoe weight.  if you are a pitcher, metals are a must.  

I agree with everything here. Position plays a HUGE factor when it comes to spike choice.

I agree with everything here. Position plays a HUGE factor when it comes to spike choice.

As far as traction goes metal > molded in the grass and on dirt and I don't even think its debatable lol

I have always believed players who wear molded over metal do so strictly for comfort.

Once I started wearing metal, I swore I would never go back to MCS. My problem is that i'm in a bunch of different leagues this summer and not all of them allow metal cleats. Currently ive got a pair of interchangeable cleats (from around 2002-3?) and need to upgrade to something better. Im leaning towards metal because my baseball league and 2 of the 3 softball leagues allow metal. The other is strictly against it.

What i'll likely do is buy metal for the league and put the plastic interchangeable cleats in for my other softball league. Last year I left in 2 metal cleats under my instep for added traction during swings/planting and hoped no one noticed. :lol:

However, I may just bite the bullet and buy the 2Kfresh MCS since theyre so cheap right now.

Back
Top Bottom