***MLB FEET, EQUIPMENT, AND UNIFORMS 2023***NEW THREAD

It’s a weird year with WBC so it seems some brands are waiting to make announcements after the tourney ends. Whether it’s Judge to Jordan Brand, or Julio to Adidas, I’m sure we’ll hear more stuff closer to the season. I was actually surprised New Balance announced the Ohtani deal before they could realistically do anything with him.

These NB cleats Ohtani are wearing are a new model right? I noticed the toe box has like a embossed/studded pattern...
Ohtani NB.jpg

Also, Julio to Adidas is official now:

^, I don't think those are new; I think that's NB's version of Nike's Drag-On material that they put on a lot of their pitchers cleats.

When in the world did Stephen Strasburg switch to New Balance???? Dude has been Nike his entire college and pro career and now suddenly makes the switch. His gloves were some of the best I have ever seen.

Last edited:
^, I don't think those are new; I think that's NB's version of Nike's Drag-On material that they put on a lot of their pitchers cleats.

When in the world did Stephen Strasbourg switch to New Balance???? Dude has been Nike his entire college and pro career and now suddenly makes the switch. His gloves were some of the best I have ever seen.

Dang…pretty soon Trout will be the only Nike athlete

^, naw, I don't see that happening anytime soon. 50% of the league still wears Nike and UA has basically disappeared around the league save for Bryce Harper. Their main competition is definitely NB and adidas at this point. But if all they have is Trout; that is still a great one to have. Whenever I see kids or adult leagues, the most stuff I see is every single kind of Trout, MCS, metal, or turfs or the new Nike cleat at the time, like the Huarache Elites. Nike is so good, that they barely need to do any marketing, although its horrid how underutilized they use Trout and making the Swingman line defunct.

^, naw, I don't see that happening anytime soon. 50% of the league still wears Nike and UA has basically disappeared around the league save for Bryce Harper. Their main competition is definitely NB and adidas at this point. But if all they have is Trout; that is still a great one to have. Whenever I see kids or adult leagues, the most stuff I see is every single kind of Trout, MCS, metal, or turfs or the new Nike cleat at the time, like the Huarache Elites. Nike is so good, that they barely need to do any marketing, although its horrid how underutilized they use Trout and making the Swingman line defunct.
They still use leftovers from Majestic or are they 100% Nike material for the jerseys?

I asked a PLM who works in the Nike Baseball department and he said the material is now 100% Nike, especially with them dictating the different unis teams can wear now.

These new leg and elbow guards for Joc look good, same colorway as his cleats.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-14 at 10.04.57 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-14 at 10.04.57 AM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 227
Aaron Judge rocking Jordan gear from head to toe today :nerd:

Edit: everything except for cleats

Last edited:
Really surprised Nike didn't dip into their massive coffers and offer Ohtani a big deal. Can you imagine, the two megastars, him & Trout on one team, plus the Asian market is huge for the Swoosh.

I think it's hilarious how Nike continues to use the Force Zoom Trout 3 turf outsole on literally every turf shoe that Jordan Brand puts out for it's athletes. You think they would come up with their own after all this time.

Ohtani’s NB glove releasing this summer. Hope they share more about his cleat/shoe:

That is literally just a re-badged Wilson A2K LOL. They have the most transcendent player in the game signed and they couldn't even give him an original model????

Back
Top Bottom