MLB Trade Deadline thread - Everybody to LAD; Contreras to COL; Kazmir to ANA; Wagner to BOS.

Hypothetically yanks trade for halladay...Either Joba or Hughes leaves how does the rotation look if 1 or the other goes?

I would do that deal...if we get rid of hughes...were looking at:

1. Doc
2. C.C.
3. A.J.
4. Joba
5. Petite

What do we do with wang and his injured self? Petite will probably retire next season...any ideas? Or am i looking at this wrong?

Joba is going back to bullpen soon so that is gonna leave a spot open. maybe Mitre in there but it all depends if they make the playoffs...crossing fingerslol. in playoffs they go to 3 or 4 man rotation so Joba and mitre gonna have to go to bullpen.

There was a false rumor on Twitter today that the Tigers were interested in Milton Bradley

Tigers GM quickly shot it down

It seems like JP has asked made demands that every team refuses to meet.

Let's see how serious he is about getting a deal done.

Heyman says the Jays made an offer to the Rangers that included four of their best young players, and the Rangers supposedly countered with 2 of the 4...

Jon Heyman provides an update, via Twitter, stating that the Phillies are beginning to consider Cliff Lee as an alternative to Halladay. Andy Martino of the Philadelphia Inquirer confirms this, and adds that the Phillies are expected to have a scout watching Lee in Seattle.
sick.gif

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/articles/2009/07/26/different_varieties_in_apple/?page=1
In his latest piece for The Boston Globe, Nick Cafardo reports that the Indians turned down an offer of Clay Buchholz for Victor Martinez according to an NL scout. The Red Sox then countered with a package of Michael Bowden, Justin Masterson, and an outfield prospect, but the Indians turned that down as well.

laugh.gif
Ready for the JA Happ era KLJ?

I don't get why the Jays are stressing on pitching when the farm system is pretty deep pitching wise. We have no ace prospects but we have plenty of guyswho project to be 2/3 starters getting some impact bats is far more of a priority.

OKB...

Assuming the Rangers countered with one of Smoak/Feliz, and a couple of their second-tier guys, would you rather have that or the Phillies package?

laugh.gif
Ready for the JA Happ era KLJ?
It wouldn't shock me one bit if we took on that package.
grin.gif

I don't understand what our fascination with pitchers like him is. We need power starting arms, not more David Huff's and Scott Lewis'.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

OKB...

Assuming the Rangers countered with one of Smoak/Feliz, and a couple of their second-tier guys, would you rather have that or the Phillies package?
Rangers package.

I might perfer Holland because he has betters secondary stuff, but either or is fine. JA Happ would not crack our top top 5 pitching prospects, znd DomnicBrown is stuck behind Rios, Lind, Snider and Vernon Wells's corpes. We havn't had bonefied power hitting 1st basemen since Delgado, and other thanSnider there are no impact bats in the minors.
tired.gif

EDIT: JP and ownership will not except that though, msybe during the winter.

According to Ken Rosenthal, the Dodgers and Indians are in serious discussions about a trade that would send both Cliff Lee and Victor Martinez to Los Angeles in exchange for James Loney, a young starting pitcher, and prospects.
The deal still faces significant obstacles due to the caliber of players involved, but the Dodgers clearly want to strengthen themselves for a strong postseason showing.

Rosenthal names Class AA third baseman Josh Bell, Class AA outfielder Andrew Lambo, Class AAA starter Scott Elbert and Class AAA right-hander Josh Lindblom as prospects who are being discussed. All of the prospects are in the Dodgers' Top 10, according to Baseball America, with Lambo coming into the season as the Dodgers' top prospect.
It's unknown if the Dodgers would part with Chad Billingsley or Clayton Kershaw in a deal to acquire the Indians' superstars.
If Billingsley or Kershaw aren't involved...

indifferent.gif

We already have James Loney. His name is Ryan Garko.

If you're going to trade both of them to the same team, why not make it the team with the best farm system in baseball?
smh.gif

Rosenthal now suggests that the young starter could indeed be one of Billingsley or Kershaw:
"Lee would replace either left-hander Clayton Kershaw or right-hander Chad Billingsley - it is not known which the Dodgers would part with in the package - giving manager Joe Torre the more experienced starter that he covets."

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
I cannot see that getting done..

Billingsley is already damn near on that level and Kershaw is a 21 year old with a sub-3.00 ERA...

Makes no sense for the Dodgers to trade either one...

Rosenthal now says that both clubs have "strongly denied" the previous reports that the teams were in serious talks about Martinez and Lee.
Rosenthal says the clubs are talking, but the question now, becomes: about what? The Dodgers have had interest in Lee, but including Martinez is a new development, if it's true.
The names in previous reports have surfaced in talks, but club officials say that trade is not currently in the works.
laugh.gif

This dude is drunk.

Back
Top Bottom