More Hits , Usher or R Kelly .....

At work bored having this discussion. I'm goin with usher. Not say kellz ain't got hits but I think usher just has more .

What say u people .....

Can't say its not even close , usher got hits for real .

I love r kelly's music, just think usher's is better , not by that much though

I came in here to say R. Kelly, but then I looked it their discographies and I have to say Usher. He has had 8 number 1 hits to R. Kelly's 2, and they've been on billboard just about an equal number of times.

You do have to factor in that Robert lost a lot of support after he caught the case...And yet he was still dropping hits afterwards, but who knows how big those would have been had the case never happened.

LOL wow you guys are blind.... take a look at R Kelly's best of

"Bump n' Grind" (R. Kelly)
"Your Body's Callin'" (additional production by Timmy Allen) (R. Kelly)
"Sex Me" (R. Kelly)
"You Remind Me of Something" (R. Kelly)
"Ignition" (R. Kelly)
"Down Low (Nobody Has to Know)" (R. Kelly)
"When A Woman's Fed Up" (R. Kelly)
"Step in the Name of Love (Remix)" (R. Kelly)
"Thoia Thoing" (R. Kelly)
"Touched A Dream" (R. Kelly)
"Fiesta (Remix)" (featuring Jay-Z and Boo & Gotti) (produced by Poke & Tone and Precision) (R. Kelly)
"I Wish" (R. Kelly)
"Ghetto Religion" (featuring Wyclef Jean) (additional production by Wyclef Jean and Jerry "Wonder" Duplessis) (R. Kelly, W. Jean, J. Duplessis)
"Honey Love" (R. Kelly)
"She's Got That Vibe" R. Kelly and Public Announcement (R. Kelly, B. Hankerson)
"The World's Greatest" (R. Kelly)
"I'm Your Angel" (Vocal Duet with Celine Dion) (R. Kelly)
"I Believe I Can Fly" (R. Kelly)
[edit]2-CD special edition
[edit]CD 1
"Bump & Grind" (R. Kelly)
"Your Body's Callin'" (additional production by Timmy Allen) (R. Kelly)
"Sex Me (Part 1)" (R. Kelly)
"Gotham City" (R. Kelly)
"Ignition" (R. Kelly)
"Down Low (Nobody Has to Know)" (R. Kelly)
"When A Woman's Fed Up" (R. Kelly)
"Thoia Thoing" (R. Kelly)
"Touched a Dream" (R. Kelly)
"I Wish" (R. Kelly)
"Ghetto Religion" (featuring Wyclef Jean) (additional production by Wyclef Jean and Jerry "Wonder" Duplessis) (R. Kelly, W. Jean, J. Duplessis)
"The Storm Is Over Now" (R. Kelly)
"She's Got That Vibe" R. Kelly and Public Announcement (R. Kelly, B. Hankerson)
"If I Could Turn Back the Hands of Time" (R. Kelly)
"The World's Greatest" (R. Kelly)
"I'm Your Angel" (Vocal Duet with Celine Dion) (R. Kelly)
"I Believe I Can Fly" (R. Kelly)
"Home Alone" (featuring Keith Murray) (produced and arranged by G-One) (R. Kelly, K. Price, K. Murray)
[edit]

DUDE has been KILLING it since the early 90s... dude has the greatest voice of a generation... dude also writes all his stuff

I like to see Usher come close to a performance like this

usher's greatest hits aint bad neither bro

Disc 1 - Running Time: 73 Minutes
01. Usher - Superstar
02. Usher - Trading Places
03. Usher - You Remind Me
04. Usher - Love In This Club ft. Young Jeezy
05. Usher - Lovers and Friends ft. Lil' Jon & Ludacris
06. Usher - There Goes My Baby
07. Usher - You Make Me Wanna
08. Usher - Moving Mountains
09. Usher - Can You Help Me
10. Usher - Twork It Out
11. Usher - Throwback
12. Usher - Hey Daddy
13. Usher - My Way
14. Usher - Papers
15. Usher - My Boo ft. Alicia Keys
16. Usher - Seduction
17. Usher - U Dont Have To Call

Disc 2 - Running Time: 67 Minutes
01. Usher - Nice and Slow
02. Usher - Yeah ft. Ludacris & Lil' Jon
03. Usher - That's What It's Made For
04. Usher - OMG
05. Usher - Confessions Part II
06. Usher - Burn
07. Usher - Do It To Me
08. Usher - Best Thing ft. Jay-Z
09. Usher - Bad Girl
10. Usher - U Got it Bad
11. Usher - Same Girl ft. R. Kelly
12. Usher - Love In This Club Part II ft. Beyonce & Lil' Wayne
13. Usher - Lil Freak ft. Nicki Minaj
14. Usher - More
15. Usher - Echo
16. Usher - Slow Jams ft. Monica

and theres some missing off that, just what i found for a cut & paste ......

R Kelly... its not even close.
Besides the obvious hits he has written for himself... he has probably written MORE hits for OTHER artist than Usher has had in his career

if you are talking about straight up hits
Usher was the Hot 100 Artist of the Decade 

some of u need to stop actin like we comparing r kelly to bobby valentino .

they both been out the same amount of time basically ( kellz 93 , usher 94 )

one thing i'll say about usher is dude been consistent . r kelly fell off in my opinion at one point , the whole matador look was
roll.gif

at no point have i ever heard anyone talk about usher fallin off . again , just my opinion ......

I'm going with Kellz
But yeah it's a lot closer than what some of y'all are makign it out to be. Usher has just as many hits as R Kelly. Just a slightly different generation

Why care about hits? R Kelly has made much better music throughout his career. That's all that should matter to a fan.

Kellz over the past few years has been droppin a lot of duds...

but look at the two "best of " list

quality wise, Kellz is winning by a longshot. usher aint no slouch tho

If you wanna go off of technical numbers of coarse Usher is the favorite

But ask anybody in music and they will tell you R. Kelly hands down........12 Play > any body of work Usher has put out including Confessions

dude wrote hits for Michael Jackson, made I Believe I Can Fly, & had the whole world waiting on Chapters from Trapped In The Closet

not to mention you can go to ANY wedding white, black, latino......and play Igntion Remix and the whole dance floor will be packed

Kellz is the King...Usher is the Prince

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

R.kelly and its not even close

....and i favor Usher waaaay more that Kellz. i was 15 when his debut dropped. our generation grew up on and with acts like Usher and Aaliyah who were our age as well.

Originally Posted by onewearz

they both been out the same amount of time basically ( kellz 93 , usher 94 )

...i highly doubt anyone on NT even remembers Usher's 1994 debut.

one thing i'll say about usher is dude been consistent . r kelly fell off in my opinion at one point

at no point have i ever heard anyone talk about usher fallin off . again , just my opinion ......

...Usher fell off after Confessions sir. the only thing that helped him stay afloat was conforming to the new mainstream R&B sound we hear today. (techno style beats and autotune)

....had Usher been smart he'd have kept the same sound Confessions had.

usher's greatest hits aint bad neither bro

Disc 1 - Running Time: 73 Minutes
01. Usher - Superstar
02. Usher - Trading Places
03. Usher - You Remind Me
04. Usher - Love In This Club ft. Young Jeezy
05. Usher - Lovers and Friends ft. Lil' Jon & Ludacris
06. Usher - There Goes My Baby
07. Usher - You Make Me Wanna
08. Usher - Moving Mountains
09. Usher - Can You Help Me
10. Usher - Twork It Out
11. Usher - Throwback
12. Usher - Hey Daddy
13. Usher - My Way
14. Usher - Papers
15. Usher - My Boo ft. Alicia Keys
16. Usher - Seduction
17. Usher - U Dont Have To Call

Disc 2 - Running Time: 67 Minutes
01. Usher - Nice and Slow
02. Usher - Yeah ft. Ludacris & Lil' Jon
03. Usher - That's What It's Made For
04. Usher - OMG
05. Usher - Confessions Part II
06. Usher - Burn
07. Usher - Do It To Me
08. Usher - Best Thing ft. Jay-Z
09. Usher - Bad Girl
10. Usher - U Got it Bad
11. Usher - Same Girl ft. R. Kelly
12. Usher - Love In This Club Part II ft. Beyonce & Lil' Wayne
13. Usher - Lil Freak ft. Nicki Minaj
14. Usher - More
15. Usher - Echo
16. Usher - Slow Jams ft. Monica

and theres some missing off that, just what i found for a cut & paste ......

roll.gif
 @ trying to go track for track of a greatest hits catalog in comparison to R. Kelly.

...for starters R. Kelly's 'greatest hits' is like a Isley Brothers Greatest hits. their resume is so large that you best believe any greatest hits released under their name is a small percentage of their hits.

...in contrast, from Usher's greatest hits above 1/4 of those songs come from Confessions, and i didnt even look to see how many came from My Way. the rest are just filler, something to fill the dead space enough to release a greatest hits.

...the comparison is embarrasing. stop it.

This is a very difficult question because Usher is still comin' out wit' great music, while Kellz has been reached his peak. I really can't call it.

R.kelly and its not even close

This.

I have an r. Kelly greatest hits which is 2 discs & a Remix City album. over 30 songs easily, I remember every single one of them smashing the radio at some point.

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

This is a very difficult question because Usher is still comin' out wit' great music, while Kellz has been reached his peak. I really can't call it.

DG with a reply that actually makes sense

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Now I can respect someone saying Robert just off sheer volume of good music... But This...

Originally Posted by PleaseSayTheBaby23

12 Play > any body of work Usher has put out including Confessions

This is just a flat out lie. I'm sorry.  For the record I grew up to R. Kelly and bought 12 Play like 4-5 times and that's still some bull #*!+.

[table][tr][td]1.[/td][td]"Your Body's Callin'"  [/td][td]R. Kelly, Timmy Allen[/td][td]4:38[/td][/tr][tr][td]2.[/td][td]"Bump n' Grind"  [/td][td]R. Kelly[/td][td]4:16[/td][/tr][tr][td]3.[/td][td]"Homie Lover Friend"  [/td][td]R. Kelly, Timmy Allen[/td][td]4:22[/td][/tr][tr][td]4.[/td][td]"It Seems Like You're Ready"  [/td][td]R. Kelly[/td][td]5:39[/td][/tr][tr][td]5.[/td][td]"Freak Dat Body"  [/td][td]R. Kelly[/td][td]3:44[/td][/tr][tr][td]6.[/td][td]"I Like the Crotch On You"  [/td][td]R. Kelly[/td][td]6:37[/td][/tr][tr][td]7.[/td][td]"Summer Bunnies"  [/td][td]R. Kelly, Timmy Allen[/td][td]4:14[/td][/tr][tr][td]8.[/td][td]"For You"  [/td][td]R. Kelly[/td][td]5:01[/td][/tr][tr][td]9.[/td][td]"Back to the Hood of Things"  [/td][td]R. Kelly[/td][td]3:52[/td][/tr][tr][td]10.[/td][td]"Sadie"  [/td][td]R. Kelly[/td][td]4:30[/td][/tr][tr][td]11.[/td][td]"Sex Me Pt 1 & 2"  [/td][td]R. Kelly[/td][td]11:27[/td][/tr][tr][td]12.[/td][td]"12 Play"  [/td][td]R. Kelly, Timmy Allen[/td][td]5:55[/td][/tr][/table]

1-4 were amazing on 12 play 5-9 were either trash or ehh 10 is a remake so you can't give him full credit for that 11 & 12 are classics.  The middle of the album was SUSPECT.

[table][tr][td]1.[/td][td]"Intro"  [/td][td]James "JLack" Lackley[/td][td]0:46[/td][/tr][tr][td]2.[/td][td]"Yeah!" (feat. Lil Jon & Ludacris)[/td][td]Lil Jon[/td][td]4:10[/td][/tr][tr][td]3.[/td][td]"Throwback"  [/td][td]Just Blaze[/td][td]4:01[/td][/tr][tr][td]4.[/td][td]"Confessions (Interlude)"  [/td][td]Jermaine Dupri[/td][td]1:16[/td][/tr][tr][td]5.[/td][td]"Confessions Part II"  [/td][td]Jermaine Dupri[/td][td]3:49[/td][/tr][tr][td]6.[/td][td]"Burn"  [/td][td]Jermaine Dupri[/td][td]3:51[/td][/tr][tr][td]7.[/td][td]"Caught Up"  [/td][td]Dre & Vidal[/td][td]3:44[/td][/tr][tr][td]8.[/td][td]"Superstar (Interlude)"  [/td][td]Aaron Spears, Arthur Strong, Juan Johnny Najera, Usher, Valdez Brantley[/td][td]1:04[/td][/tr][tr][td]9.[/td][td]"Superstar"  [/td][td]Dre & Vidal[/td][td]3:28[/td][/tr][tr][td]10.[/td][td]"Truth Hurts"  [/td][td]Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis[/td][td]3:51[/td][/tr][tr][td]11.[/td][td]"Simple Things"  [/td][td]Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis[/td][td]4:57[/td][/tr][tr][td]12.[/td][td]"Bad Girl"  [/td][td]Destro Music, Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis[/td][td]4:21[/td][/tr][tr][td]13.[/td][td]"That's What It's Made For"  [/td][td]Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis[/td][td]4:37[/td][/tr][tr][td]14.[/td][td]"Can U Handle It?"  [/td][td]Robin Thicke, Pro J[/td][td]5:45[/td][/tr][tr][td]15.[/td][td]"Do It to Me"  [/td][td]Jermaine Dupri[/td][td]3:53[/td][/tr][tr][td]16.[/td][td]"Take Your Hand"  [/td][td]Rich Harrison[/td][td]3:03[/td][/tr][tr][td]17.[/td][td]"Follow Me"  [/td][td]Dre & Vidal[/td][td]3:31[/td][/tr][/table]

I'll give you Caught Up although in a club it goes, Simple Things, & the final 3.  13.5 out of 17 compared to 7 out of 12. Even when you compare the bad songs one set of songs is DRASTICALLY WORST than the other.

Be For Real With Yourselves For Once In Your Lives.
30t6p3b.gif

one thing i'll say about usher is dude been consistent . r kelly fell off in my opinion at one point , the whole matador look was
roll.gif

here i stand?

roll.gif

here i stand?

i'll give u that one , i felt the same about that album , only liked probably 2 songs on it .

It's not even comparable

Kellz writes, produces and sings nearly everyone of his songs, especially his hits.
Let's not even talk about songs he has written for others.
Usher just sings, great performer though.
Usher never fell off? you trippin, everything since Confessions has been mediocre

Back
Top Bottom