Moving somewhere and starting over.

Originally Posted by SShanique

Originally Posted by Jonathanchingy

You'll need alotta dough to do that kinda stuff.

Nah, all you need is a generous daddy.

pimp.gif
 i know thats right!

Originally Posted by BigShake

.i stay in south carolina right now..so either one would be better than where im at now
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
Same here, man.

I'm in Columbia.

I feel like the world is too big for me to stay in this one city.

I need a change of scenery for the better.

pimp.gif

i live in NJ. i want to move to cali. i recently lost a relationship. i have a steady job but im burning out. sometimes i wanna live w the bare essentials. live from meal to meal. be happy w art alcohol food and friends.

My goal is to move to Italy in two years from my birthday, which happens to be next week.  I am digging myself out of the debt I rang up and then would like to get about 50k saved up and just pack a bag, donate my furniture and I'm gone.

The people with the guts to do these things can make there whole life turn around .

i have spent many summer just taking a bus and showing up at friends or familys cribs in NYC with no bred and just chilled and relaxed.

this summer i have to relocate  due to my dad getting re married
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

Did that as if i was a military brat, moved about 4 times (long distance further than 1 state)
but my family did this when i was young and back then it straight up sucked
startin new is fresh but settlin down to me is
pimp.gif

but once to me sounds like an adventure
grin.gif

i would love to this once i graduate HS this year.............it would break my mothers heart though and that is holding me back im a huge mamas boy

Originally Posted by popcornplaya

Originally Posted by Treb2k5

Where are you guys located and what makes you want to move from your city?
I'm located in Minneapolis, and I've just always had the urge to leave America. Ever since a kid, I'd ask my mother if we could move to another country.

I know now that even at a young age, I realized how blind we are as a nation. I want to separate myself from that.
Word...I advise you travel the world though unless you really really really really hate your current locale. I'm planning on offing everyone except select ppl that think I'm friends with them. So many ignorant ppl where I live. Has anyone done this? Delete everyone you dislike on your facebook and when they try to add you back you just deny it and then when they see you in person  do you just ignore them? I seriously want to do this right now, I hate pretending to fit in with people, it's lame or listening to them.

A new country? No. A new city? Of course.

I currently live in Detroit, and would love locating to Chicago, New York, LA, Atlanta, or Dallas.

Originally Posted by MaddenFan04

I wonder what it would be like to live in London or Austrailia. How would I learn the cultural differences and find a job with a US degree and stuff like that.
You got to be more specific about the degree.  Something in Engineering or Business would be a lot more useful than say, Art or History.

i think about this everynight....i live in ny, was goin great, till after christmas i lost it all...and now insomnia, intestinal, knee and heart problems....not to mention my mood has changed negatively to the point where im fine talkin to anyone , then i snap at any one for any reason.......pretty sure i have bipolar disorder
have thought about the S word many nights
the past month n a half have really weaken me....cant even walk to the corner bodega n buy groceries

feel like moving away and get a fresh new start will help......back to my motherland, dominican republic

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by MaddenFan04

I wonder what it would be like to live in London or Austrailia. How would I learn the cultural differences and find a job with a US degree and stuff like that.
You got to be more specific about the degree.  Something in Engineering or Business would be a lot more useful than say, Art or History.
Hey man, born and raised in Australia here... There are cultural differences to you guys in the US but nothing major at all... One thing i realised while in the US is that more people seem to work on the weekends... Over here, everyone always makes it a point to relax and unwind during the weekend...

A lot of it depends on your people skills, your socialization ability and your general usefulness. If you are a guy it also REALLLLLLLY helps a lot if you are pretty good looking. I say this because I've met quite a few people from different countries, etc (I'm teaching in Korea right now)...and there are only a few options of how to get by living in another country. In a place like Australia..working in a bar/restaurant is what you would probably want to do. A few of my friends have bartended in Australia and surfed and loved it for about 8-12 months before getting sick of it. You really do have to be pretty good looking to be able to try and do that though. Teaching is another way to be able to do this. You can teach English in a lot lot lot of countries. It is not as glamorous as surfing and bartending but you really get integrated into the life there. Though for people saying they'd be off facebook and stuff that is bs. Unless you are trying to change your LIFESTYLE, not your location then that doesn't make any sense.. When you meet people in a new country, things like email/facebook etc are vital in the first few weeks to create those connections. If you are trying to go to Nepal and live on a mountain and find your inner chi...by all means do that too. Living abroad is quite an experience but it isn't glamorous and your living conditions won't be spectacular. I didn't especially want to live in Korea...but the pay, benefits, etc are too good to pass up. It'll also force me to adapt to a new culture and give me a chance to visit Japan, Thailand and China. Never hung out in those countries so all in all a great fit.

i would love to move to sydney.
have been applying to alot of financial services jobs in sydney but i don't think they are too excited to have to sponspor an entry level candidate for a visa.

i also wouldn't mind london

I've just moved to Melbourne from New Zealand with the gf in tow, not an epic move by any means. Had never been here, didn't know anyone, had no job & house. Stayed in a !@#!@# hotel for a week and have just found a rather expensive flat. I had a few thousand saved before coming over but that is starting to run dry so the job hunt is getting serious.

Lovin the place so far.. Also I love the feeling of being in a new place.. so much to discover and people to meet. In light of this, it also makes me appreciate my family & friends back in NZ. It really feels like you can create this wide network of locales for yourself by living overseas for a while. To any of you being on the edge, you should definitely go for it. Worst case just get a credit card and buy the ticket back home if all goes to !$%@.

Think I'll stay here for a year then move on to a bigger challenge like Tokyo or Shanghai
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom