MUST READ!!! Finishline horror story...

Originally Posted by air max 87

The reason they do this is because they have people (#!@%+*# at ones at that) buy release day jordans thinking they are gonna make $$$ and flip them, after a week or 2 dudes try and return for the money back, issue is the store gets stuck with these shoes majority of the time, no one wants 2 or 3 week old jordans unless its hyped.

Footlocker/Footaction/Champs doesnt take back release date products at the managers discretion now because of the same issue, same thing with house of hoops.
As long as this policy is disclosed to the consumer prior to or at the time of purchase (whether on the back of the receipt or a posted sign), I have no problem with the store refusing the return.

If it is an internal policy, how do they expect the customer's to know?  how can they hold the customer liable for not knowing about some internal back office policy?

Originally Posted by Furrell

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

1ba258fe12b713a3981f306d0aaf419998c9b69.jpg

this is how FinishLine shipped a hat to an NTer

the pic is hilarious in so many levels
roll.gif

Didn't get it at first. Noooooooooooooo 
roll.gif

'You mad?' written all over it.

The reason they do this is because they have people (#!@%+*# at ones at that) buy release day jordans thinking they are gonna make $$$ and flip them, after a week or 2 dudes try and return for the money back, issue is the store gets stuck with these shoes majority of the time, no one wants 2 or 3 week old jordans unless its hyped.

Footlocker/Footaction/Champs doesnt take back release date products at the managers discretion now because of the same issue, same thing with house of hoops.
Who cares that is part of the business. You have to deal with it you are making double on most of these shoes and you are crying about taking some back. %!%$ the corporations and the lazy *$@ manager that doesnt want to deal with inventory.

Who cares that is part of the business. You have to deal with it you are making double on most of these shoes and you are crying about taking some back. %!%$ the corporations and the lazy *$@ manager that doesnt want to deal with inventory.

^ what lesson though?

if OP did everything that he is entitled to do within the scope of the companys return policy (regardless of what his intentions were), then he is 100% in the right and the store is 100% in the wrong.

if the company really wants to teach resellers a lesson, then they need to modify their return policy so that it clearly excludes release date Jordans and they need to notify their customers of this change.

^ what lesson though?

if OP did everything that he is entitled to do within the scope of the companys return policy (regardless of what his intentions were), then he is 100% in the right and the store is 100% in the wrong.

if the company really wants to teach resellers a lesson, then they need to modify their return policy so that it clearly excludes release date Jordans and they need to notify their customers of this change.

I work atFinishline aand guarantee you not every store is not like that. Call his DM and complain, tell him that exact story. Thats inexcusable.

I work atFinishline aand guarantee you not every store is not like that. Call his DM and complain, tell him that exact story. Thats inexcusable.

man. when the HOHMD got the bin 9. the manager said that their shipment got lost. so everyone got mad and left. later i found out the manager bought all the pairs and sold them to flight club -_-

man. when the HOHMD got the bin 9. the manager said that their shipment got lost. so everyone got mad and left. later i found out the manager bought all the pairs and sold them to flight club -_-

Originally Posted by Hugo

eek.gif

Originally Posted by Hugo

eek.gif

Thats what happens when you try to flip shoes, I don't agree with the way the manager handled the situation. But I hope this is a lesson learned OP don't try to flip shoes, just buy what you need.

Thats what happens when you try to flip shoes, I don't agree with the way the manager handled the situation. But I hope this is a lesson learned OP don't try to flip shoes, just buy what you need.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

air max 87 wrote:

As long as this policy is disclosed to the consumer prior to or at the time of purchase (whether on the back of the receipt or a posted sign), I have no problem with the store refusing the return.

If it is an internal policy, how do they expect the customer's to know?  how can they hold the customer liable for not knowing about some internal back office policy?

This.

If they specify this policy and make it available to customers in the same location as their normal return policy, then I'm ok. But I highly doubt that is the case since the manager would have pointed to that instead of lying about the tags.

If they want this to be policy, then edit their return policy, it's not that hard.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

air max 87 wrote:

This.

If they specify this policy and make it available to customers in the same location as their normal return policy, then I'm ok. But I highly doubt that is the case since the manager would have pointed to that instead of lying about the tags.

If they want this to be policy, then edit their return policy, it's not that hard.

Back
Top Bottom