My experience with shoepurgatory.com

**MODS* * I didn't know if this should go in the reviews section, or the new gear/reviews section, so I put it here. Feel free to move it.**

Hi everyone,

I wanted to write a little something about my recent experiences with Shoe Purgatory.

I actually found shoepurgatory.com from some sneaker blog, and decided to check them out. First thing I noticed was they were doing pre-sales. Normally I like to take my chances online with footlocker/finishline/nike, etc, but occasionally I don't want to risk missing out, so I will pre-pay over MSRP if I really want to secure the sneaker. The next thing I noticed was that they were offering layaway payment options. This is what really caught my attention. Again, normally I won't pay over MSRP, and I pay cash, but I was pleased to find a resource that offered this payment option in case I were ever in a pinch.

Just before leaving their site, I clicked on a link they had to an affiliate/sponsor website that sold music and clothing. I saw a shirt I liked, and bought it for $20. After about 48 hours later, I realized I never received a confirmation or tracking e-mail. I e-mailed that website about my order (Not shoepurgatory, an affiliate website). Someone working for the affiliate website e-mailed me back and said they were having technical difficulties, and needed my order again (My credit card had already been charged btw). After I gave them my order again, they explained they were out of stock, and they would have more T-shirts made. At this point, it had been almost a week, and I just wanted a refund. Once I asked them to refund the charge, they simply stopped responding to my e-mails. I decided to file a dispute with my CC company, but I also decided to go ahead and shoot shoepurgatory.com and e-mail and let them know about the type of business their affiliate was doing. IMMEDIATELY, Jonathan from shoepurgatory.com replied to my e-mail. He explained that he always knew them to do good business, but that he would immediately look into the matter and contact me back with 48 hours. Well, it was about 24 hours later when Jonathan from shoepurgatory.com e-mailed me saying he had gotten them to refund my card immediately. Again, this was after 3+ days of the other website/business completely ignoring my e-mails. Within 24 hours of my e-mail to shoepurgatory.com, they had taken down the link to that affiliate website. I was really impressed by the way shoepurgatory.com handled the situation once they were notified of the problem. Also, to reiterate, the problem was not with shoepurgatory.com, it was with a website they had linked on their site. Shoepurgatory just got involved to help.

Weeks later I decided to actually buy something from shoepurgatory.com. I really wanted the Jordan 6 Olympics, but it was my GF's birthday month, a slow month at work, and I really didn't want to risk missing out on the Olympics. I also knew they would be highly sought, and sell out quickly. I did a pre-sale purchase about 1-week before their release date and paid $239. I also chose the 4-week layaway option which added $12 to the price. The way they do it is by simply setting up recurring charges on your CC or debit card. I lost my debit card after my second payment, and had to e-mail them to change the payment info. This was pretty easy. Someone got back to me within a couple hours of e-mailing them. I also asked them to charge my card for the remaining balance because I wanted to pay the sneakers off early. The following day my scheduled payment was processed (for the remaining balance as requested) and I received a tracking number from UPS. 4 or 5 business days later I got my Jordan 6 Olympics! Btw, the quality was great, box wasn't damaged, and obviously they're legit. I even compared them to the pair my friend got from the Nike Store here in Scottsdale, AZ. Same quality.

All in all, I am very happy with shoepurgatory.com, and I would definitely do business with them in the future.

- Jason

kick rocks Jonathan from shoepurgatory.com

Yes I'm actually mad I skimmed the whole thing.

Bring back the new member screening process please.

Not sure if you're trying to imply that I am actually Jonathan, or work for shoepurgatory, or what. However I can tell you that would probably the dumbest way to market your business. I just feel like people rarely post good reviews anymore, and I felt like writing one. Btw, this is in the General category, so, not really sure what you expected.

- Jason

Not sure if you're trying to imply that I am actually Jonathan, or work for shoepurgatory, or what. However I can tell you that would probably the dumbest way to market your business. I just feel like people rarely post good reviews anymore, and I felt like writing one. Btw, this is in the General category, so, not really sure what you expected.
- Jason

It's gucci bro. I'm drunk and lonely on a tuesday night, shouldn't have been so obnoxious.

Nobody in general cares though. Nobody knows or cares what shoe purgatory is .

Ya did try though. This should go in the review section if there is such a thing.

Heh, damn, tough crowd. I wanted to write the review to help the community. Everyone's been burnt by an Air Randy, scam artist, etc. Everybody wants a legit-check before they buy from a new reseller. Many times I have googled "Is such and such.com legit?" and many times google has returned articles from NikeTalk. In fact, the way I discovered that marquesole was b-grades/variants was by googling them, and finding several articles on this very forum. Someone was nice enough to share their information with the community, and I benefited from that sharing. I was trying to do the same thing here. Take the info or don't, I don't care.

- Jason

Thanks for the review G. I just found out about this site and wanted to check them out. Sounds like a decent gamble. Appreciate you taking the time for typing this review.

Back
Top Bottom