My fellow NT cooks!

You wanna know how to make steak super tender? Liberally salt it and let it rest for an hour. Rinse off the salt and dry the steak. Throw on a hot pan until medium rare, and voila.

Salt and pepper is all you need.  Maybe dip a few pieces into jack daniels sauce when you're done.

you want a good steak......room temp the meat.....rub with Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper........heat a skillet over medium heat for at least 2 minutes......sear each side for 2-3 mins...get a nice char on it.....have your oven set to 400....and finish your steaks there for 13-17 mins (medium rare) 20-22 mins (medium well) let your steak stand for 5 mins after you pull it out (make sure it is covered (steaming lid, tin foil, etc...)....your steak should be perfect.....this is how we did it in our kitchen

of course each steak is different, the above guidelines are for a steak 1.5"-1.75"......

TIP: never marinate you will end up grilling over an open flame....most of the time your sugars will caramelize and you will get a burnt taste on your finished product.......
also, this method of cooking can be used for all red meats.....lamb chops take to this technique especially well.....

This is good stuff
pimp.gif

Grill%20Mates%20Montreal%20Steak%20Seasoning%20Reduced%20Sodium.ashx

Originally Posted by taimaishu123

ribeye > k.c strip > porterhouse.

naw, it's def
ribeye > porterhouse > ny strip.

ribeye is by far the most flavorful with all its fat. with the porterhouse, though you get a strip and a filet, best of both worlds.

my favorite cut of all time though is the hanger cut.  most flavorful and just as tender if done right.

Is it bad that I just leave it on a grill for a few minutes so that it's kinda rare and just eat it with some A1? o_0

Simply Indian
|| Indian Cooking Made Simple ||

Rupen Rao

Tandoori Style Chicken Tikkas

Ingredients

2 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
1 tbsp finely chopped ginger
½ cup plain Greek yogurt
1 tbsp curry powder
1 tsp garam masala
½ tsp cayenne powder
1 tbsp paprika powder
1 tbsp dry fenugreek leaves OPTIONAL
Salt to adjust
1 tbsp oil

To baste:
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp lemon juice

Instructions

•Cut chicken into one inch thick cubes.
•Mix all the above ingredients to make the marinade. Add chicken and mix.
•Marinate chicken for 3 hours in the refrigerator.
•Skew chicken on skewers and grill on each side until done (about 7-10 minutes). You can grill the chicken pieces on broil in a preheated oven or grill it using an indoor grill.
•Turn and baste the pieces with butter / lemon and cook for another 1 minute.
•Serve with thin, long sliced red onions and lemon wedges.

Cucumber Raita

Ingredients

1 English seedless cucumber, grated
10 oz plain yogurt
2 tbsps sugar

Instructions

•Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Refrigerate for an hour. Serve cold.

Vegetarian Kebabs

Ingredients

½ cup chopped spinach
½ cup petite green peas
2 tbsps chopped cilantro
2 tbsps chopped mint
2 large potatoes, cooked in microwave until completely done, peeled
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp curry powder
1 tbsp corn starch flour OPTIONAL
Salt to taste
Butter to sauté, about ½ stick

Instructions

•In a food processor, mix all the greens and finely chop. Set aside in a bowl.
•In a mixing bowl, mix the chopped greens with potatoes and add the spices, adjust salt.
•Shape into small patties and set aside. If you cannot form patties correctly, use a tablespoon of corn starch flour for binding.
•Heat a tablespoon of butter and when the butter is hot, place about 4 patties and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side. You may need to cook longer to get the patties light brown in color. Serve hot!

Mango Lassi
Mango and Yogurt cool drink

Ingredients

1 can Alphonso Mango pulp
Equal amount of plain buttermilk
1 tsp cardamom powder

Instructions

•In a bowl, mix mango pulp, cardamom powder and butter milk with a whisk until completely blended.
•Refrigerate for a couple of hours and serve chilled.

Originally Posted by TheDoc86

With a good steak you won't need marinate and all that s$@^. Usually I cook ribeyes...

Heat up a skillet to a pretty good temp with some vegetable oil in there.

I usually season mine with some sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder and some Essence or Lawry's... both sides of course

After you cook the steak, top it off with some butter and let it sit for about 5 minutes so the juices set in.... EAT!
That's absolutely right.

I'm not a big fan of wet marinades - you just burn whatever you are cooking.

I love my cast iron grill - with 2 sides - one hot and one a little less. I would do exactly what TheDoc said - a dry seasoning (after a little olive oil rubbed on the surface to stop it sticking) then about 2 mins a side on the hot grill then on the other side of the grill for however long you want it to be cooked.

If you really want to put some sort of glaze on (which I would do on chicken or ribs) then put it on now and slap it back on the hot side for a couple of minutes.

Make sure you let it rest under a towel and it will be a tasty steak.

If you live near an Albertsons go to the meat department and ask them for Spade L Ranch Beef Seasoning. Get a container of that its like $3.49 and also get a bottle of Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce.

Rub the seasoning very generously into the meat on both sides and then douse some Worcestershire sauce all over it and then let it sit for at least an hour.

I cut meat and that is honestly the only stuff I use when it comes to steak. Guaranteed to be the best steak you'll ever have.

ALSO the best hot sauce of all time is Srirachas Hot Chili Sauce.
Sriracha.jpg

Yea over the years I have said forget it to wet marinades. Not a fan of them anymore even though there is a pesto based sauce I am going to experiment pretty soon. But for the most part I simply use salt and pepper to season whatever meat I am cooking.

Back
Top Bottom