my xbox 360 got the red rings, how long does the service take?

Originally Posted by Sputnik

step 1: go to costco and buy an xbox
step 2; get home open box
step 3: take out new xbox and put your broken one in the box
step 4: return the xbox to costco and say youre nephew died and wont need it any longer
step 5: enjoy your new xbox without waiting for 3 weeks.

you can thank me later
wink.gif
wink.gif
damn, step 4 came out of nowhere all the way from right field... what a horrible step!

btw, its "your" not "you're"

PS3 fanboys still looking to exploit the RROD to promote their agenda.
laugh.gif
Your console failed. Face it. The sales charts are steady and 360 won't losetheir lead. Better luck for the next generation consoles.

And as an answer to your question, the service swings a lot. It shouldn't take more than 3 weeks, but for me, the one time I had RROD, it took 9 days fromthe day I sent it to the day I got it back. If I count day 1 (when my console got broken, which was a Sunday) and day 2 (when I called Microsoft and theyarranged the UPS guy to come and pick it up on day 3), that is 11 days of missed playing time in all. 11 days of RROD related missed playing time in the 2years I had my 360. Plus I got a 30 days Xbox Live card when they sent the console back after reparation. I'll take 11 days of missed playing time and 20days of free, superior to PSN, Xbox Live over having to play COD4/MW2 on that God-awful PS3 controller every day.

Originally Posted by Kun Aguero

thanks for the info guys. would it help if i sent it with a faster service? dunno why it takes so long if they just send another console.
they do not always just send another console. i've sent mine in twice and have gotten the same xbox back twice. if it's just red ringsthey more than likely just tighten the xclamp screws. can be fixed yourself if you don't care about the warranty and don't want to wait.

blah!

took me 2 weeks when i mines back, then 2 weeks later, it RRODs on me again. sent it back so it can do the same $+$$ again. its like a cycle.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

im on my 10th 360 btw so i definetly know what im talking about. those customer service guys know me by name.

Originally Posted by SonOfTony

took me 2 weeks when i mines back, then 2 weeks later, it RRODs on me again. sent it back so it can do the same $+$$ again. its like a cycle.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

im on my 10th 360 btw so i definetly know what im talking about. those customer service guys know me by name.
GOODNESS GRACIOUS!!!
eek.gif

I got the red rings last saturday..I went online to www.xbox.com/service.. put the serial number in selected 3 red rings..printed the UPS slip..Mailed it onmon..thur I got an email saying its on the way back fully repaired..its going to be delivered on tues..So all in all i would say about 10 days..not toobadd..now back when it would take at least a month

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

PS3 fanboys still looking to exploit the RROD to promote their agenda.
laugh.gif
Your console failed. Face it. The sales charts are steady and 360 won't lose their lead. Better luck for the next generation consoles.

And as an answer to your question, the service swings a lot. It shouldn't take more than 3 weeks, but for me, the one time I had RROD, it took 9 days from the day I sent it to the day I got it back. If I count day 1 (when my console got broken, which was a Sunday) and day 2 (when I called Microsoft and they arranged the UPS guy to come and pick it up on day 3), that is 11 days of missed playing time in all. 11 days of RROD related missed playing time in the 2 years I had my 360. Plus I got a 30 days Xbox Live card when they sent the console back after reparation. I'll take 11 days of missed playing time and 20 days of free, superior to PSN, Xbox Live over having to play COD4/MW2 on that God-awful PS3 controller every day.
You Mad Dougie?

360 sucks, could it be that they had better sales dude to the cheapest 360 system being $199??? Not to mention that Microsoft always has problems when itcomes to everything. (Just look at Vista lol)

I would rather play PS3 and know that I have peace of mind that my chances of it becoming defective are slimmer than you buying the 360 today and by Monday youhave the RROD.

It depends on how far you live from Mesquite, Texas. I live in Houston and it took me 2 weeks. They did have to send me the box and stuff. Having your own boxcan cut a week down from the process.

step 4: return the xbox to costco and say youre nephew died and wont need it any longer

you can thank me later
wink.gif
wink.gif
Damn I hope this works. I got the 2 red rings and I can't even send it back to Microsoft anymore. I'll have to try this out tomorrow.

Originally Posted by AKA King Arthur

it goes to texas so it depends on how far you are from there

mine was just under 3 weeks
My buddy's got rrod and it took him about a month to get his back and we both live in Los Angeles, CA. It all depends on microsoft

Originally Posted by SickWitIt

you can thank me later
wink.gif
wink.gif
Damn I hope this works. I got the 2 red rings and I can't even send it back to Microsoft anymore. I'll have to try this out tomorrow.
trust me it works, ive done it

I got it once and I just unplugged and plugged it back in and it's been working fine since. But from what I've heard, usually takes a month.

Originally Posted by dakid23

I got ONE ring what should i do?

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

put in forza 2 until it gets 3 and then send it in

seahawks logo huh? why dont u just walk into microsoft with it and complain (yeah i know its done in texas)

Originally Posted by SonOfTony

laugh.gif
smh.gif

oh damn, and i thought me being on my 5th was bad

and to think, you pay these people monthly for a service that you cant even use because of faulty hardware.

60% RATE OF FAILUREEE

bought a kit for 20 bucks on ebay and fixed it myself in 30 minutes... its been working for 1.5+ years since I fixed it

Back
Top Bottom