NBA Draft Thread 2011

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

For the other point guards in the league in regards to shooting, RIGHT NOW I'd put him in that 2nd tier behind Deron, Nash, Stephen, etc.
roll.gif

If you are laughing at this then you really shouldnt talk about the NBA anymore. Unless you are laughing because he put Nash in the same tier with those two and he should maybe be higher...

For the other point guards in the league in regards to shooting, RIGHT NOW I'd put him in that 2nd tier behind Deron, Nash, Stephen, etc.
roll.gif

If you are laughing at this then you really shouldnt talk about the NBA anymore. Unless you are laughing because he put Nash in the same tier with those two and he should maybe be higher...

This took a turn for the worse.

I got the Knicks in the mock draft. Hopefully there wont be a replay of my avy.

This took a turn for the worse.

I got the Knicks in the mock draft. Hopefully there wont be a replay of my avy.

Originally Posted by Fecta23

roll.gif

Steve is in a class of his own but Stephen and Deron are grouped in that Tier 1 PG's who can shoot.  I simply said that Kyrie would fall into that 2nd Tier behind those guys.

All I'm saying and dudes try to make it out like I swear he's a scrub
laugh.gif

Cause I'm not calling him CP3 I'm making him out to be a bust or something
eyes.gif

Son, your hate for Kyrie and Duke is so transparent.  Had he gone to IU you would have been moppin' up his baby batter
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Fecta23

roll.gif

Steve is in a class of his own but Stephen and Deron are grouped in that Tier 1 PG's who can shoot.  I simply said that Kyrie would fall into that 2nd Tier behind those guys.

All I'm saying and dudes try to make it out like I swear he's a scrub
laugh.gif

Cause I'm not calling him CP3 I'm making him out to be a bust or something
eyes.gif

Son, your hate for Kyrie and Duke is so transparent.  Had he gone to IU you would have been moppin' up his baby batter
laugh.gif

Lets see.......

Nash
Curry

D-Will
Aaron Brooks

Billups
Jameer Nelson
Calderon
Hinrich
Augustin
Mo Williams

Devin Harris
Holiday
CP3
Felton/Lawson

Parker
Rose
Conley
Jennings
Collison
Westbrook

That's how I would stack the best shooting starting point guards in the league. Where would Irving be?

Lets see.......

Nash
Curry

D-Will
Aaron Brooks

Billups
Jameer Nelson
Calderon
Hinrich
Augustin
Mo Williams

Devin Harris
Holiday
CP3
Felton/Lawson

Parker
Rose
Conley
Jennings
Collison
Westbrook

That's how I would stack the best shooting starting point guards in the league. Where would Irving be?

kix4kix wrote:
SmoothBalla wrote:
ATGD7154xBBxMZ wrote:
I'd look at any college team that produced more superstars. Duke has produced none.

I don't follow your argument because it went from "Duke's track record is horrible" to "Duke has produced (no superstars)."

I asked, "which college program has produced a better stable of talent in the NBA?"  I didn't ask, "which college program has produced more superstars?"

When you use "track record," you automatically incorporate historical consistency.  And history indicates that Duke is just as good, if not better, at consistently producing NBA talent in comparison to other college programs.

However, since you'd like to use "track record" as an indicator with "superstar" as the outcome...

What college program do you know of has a "track record" of producing "superstar" talent?

Because I don't know any college programs that have been consistent in producing "superstar" talent in recent memory seeing as though the NBA is dominated by players drafted from high school and overseas.

And I'll define "superstar" as a player possessing "MVP or All-NBA team type talent":
  • Marquette has produced Dwyane Wade (25 ppg), Wesley Mathews (13), Lazar Hayward (4), Steve Novak (4), and Travis Diener (no longer in the NBA).  That would be 1 superstar.
  • A good example is Wake Forest: Tim Duncan (21 ppg), Chris Paul (19), Josh Howard (15), Darius Songalia (7), Al-Farouq Aminu (6), James Johnson (5), Jeff Teague (4), and Ishmael Smith (2).  That is two superstars mixed with several serviceable players.
  • For comparison, Duke: Elton Brand (19 ppg), Grant Hill (18), Carlos Boozer (17 ppg), Corey Maggette (16), Luol Deng (16), Mike Dunleavy (12), Shane Battier (10),  J.J. Redick (
    glasses.gif
    , Gerald Henderson (7), Chris Duhon (7), Dahntay Jones (6), Josh McRoberts (5), Shelden Williams (5).  Brand (2nd), Hill (1st), and Boozer (3rd) have been All-NBA with the rest being serviceable.  I'd stack Duke's alumni against any other college program in recent memory.
Once again...

What college program do you know of that has a "track record" of producing "superstar" talent?

And if/when you reply, I'd like to see your definition of "superstar."

Before anyone starts defining superstar, Imma need you to define talent. You would take dukes "stable" of talent before any other program in recent memory? 
roll.gif

NT slays me sometimes, it really does. They don't even have the best "stable" in their state.

[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]

Talent?  How about "a person possessing an above average ability."  Point blank, it takes talent to make the NBA.

And why are you even quoting "stable."  That term isn't open to interpretation.

I have no problem saying UNC > Duke if you want to factor in all-time alumni into the equation (as well as a few other programs) but that's not what this argument is about.  Hence, the use of the term recent memory and the inclusion of the college programs current alumni list.

This past year...

UNC:

Antawn Jamison = 18 and 7 boards

Raymond Felton = 16 and 8 dimes

Vince Carter = 14 and 4 boards

Ty Lawson = 12 and 5 dimes

Tyler Hansbrough = 11 and 5 boards

Marvin Williams = 10 and 5 boards

Ed Davis = 8 and 5 boards

Wayne Ellington = 7 and 2 boards

Danny Green = 5 and 2 boards

Brendan Haywood = 4 and 5 boards

Brandon Wright = 4 and 2 boards

Jawad Williams = 4 and 2 boards

Jerry Stackhouse = 2 and 1  board

Duke:

Carlos Boozer = 18 and 10 boards

Luol Deng = 17 and 6 boards

Elton Brand = 15 and 8 boards

Gerald Henderson = 14 and 5 boards

Grant Hill = 13 and 4 boards

Corey Maggette = 12 and 4 boards

Mike Dunleavy = 11 and 5 boards

JJ Redick = 10 and 2 dimes

Shane Battier = 8 and 5 boards

Josh McRoberts = 7 and 5 boards

Dahntay Jones = 6 and 2 boards

Shelden Williams = 5 and 5 boards

Chris Duhon = 3 and 2 dimes

They don't even have the best stable in their state?  Try again. 
laugh.gif

[/color]

kix4kix wrote:
SmoothBalla wrote:
ATGD7154xBBxMZ wrote:
I'd look at any college team that produced more superstars. Duke has produced none.

I don't follow your argument because it went from "Duke's track record is horrible" to "Duke has produced (no superstars)."

I asked, "which college program has produced a better stable of talent in the NBA?"  I didn't ask, "which college program has produced more superstars?"

When you use "track record," you automatically incorporate historical consistency.  And history indicates that Duke is just as good, if not better, at consistently producing NBA talent in comparison to other college programs.

However, since you'd like to use "track record" as an indicator with "superstar" as the outcome...

What college program do you know of has a "track record" of producing "superstar" talent?

Because I don't know any college programs that have been consistent in producing "superstar" talent in recent memory seeing as though the NBA is dominated by players drafted from high school and overseas.

And I'll define "superstar" as a player possessing "MVP or All-NBA team type talent":
  • Marquette has produced Dwyane Wade (25 ppg), Wesley Mathews (13), Lazar Hayward (4), Steve Novak (4), and Travis Diener (no longer in the NBA).  That would be 1 superstar.
  • A good example is Wake Forest: Tim Duncan (21 ppg), Chris Paul (19), Josh Howard (15), Darius Songalia (7), Al-Farouq Aminu (6), James Johnson (5), Jeff Teague (4), and Ishmael Smith (2).  That is two superstars mixed with several serviceable players.
  • For comparison, Duke: Elton Brand (19 ppg), Grant Hill (18), Carlos Boozer (17 ppg), Corey Maggette (16), Luol Deng (16), Mike Dunleavy (12), Shane Battier (10),  J.J. Redick (
    glasses.gif
    , Gerald Henderson (7), Chris Duhon (7), Dahntay Jones (6), Josh McRoberts (5), Shelden Williams (5).  Brand (2nd), Hill (1st), and Boozer (3rd) have been All-NBA with the rest being serviceable.  I'd stack Duke's alumni against any other college program in recent memory.
Once again...

What college program do you know of that has a "track record" of producing "superstar" talent?

And if/when you reply, I'd like to see your definition of "superstar."

Before anyone starts defining superstar, Imma need you to define talent. You would take dukes "stable" of talent before any other program in recent memory? 
roll.gif

NT slays me sometimes, it really does. They don't even have the best "stable" in their state.

[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]

Talent?  How about "a person possessing an above average ability."  Point blank, it takes talent to make the NBA.

And why are you even quoting "stable."  That term isn't open to interpretation.

I have no problem saying UNC > Duke if you want to factor in all-time alumni into the equation (as well as a few other programs) but that's not what this argument is about.  Hence, the use of the term recent memory and the inclusion of the college programs current alumni list.

This past year...

UNC:

Antawn Jamison = 18 and 7 boards

Raymond Felton = 16 and 8 dimes

Vince Carter = 14 and 4 boards

Ty Lawson = 12 and 5 dimes

Tyler Hansbrough = 11 and 5 boards

Marvin Williams = 10 and 5 boards

Ed Davis = 8 and 5 boards

Wayne Ellington = 7 and 2 boards

Danny Green = 5 and 2 boards

Brendan Haywood = 4 and 5 boards

Brandon Wright = 4 and 2 boards

Jawad Williams = 4 and 2 boards

Jerry Stackhouse = 2 and 1  board

Duke:

Carlos Boozer = 18 and 10 boards

Luol Deng = 17 and 6 boards

Elton Brand = 15 and 8 boards

Gerald Henderson = 14 and 5 boards

Grant Hill = 13 and 4 boards

Corey Maggette = 12 and 4 boards

Mike Dunleavy = 11 and 5 boards

JJ Redick = 10 and 2 dimes

Shane Battier = 8 and 5 boards

Josh McRoberts = 7 and 5 boards

Dahntay Jones = 6 and 2 boards

Shelden Williams = 5 and 5 boards

Chris Duhon = 3 and 2 dimes

They don't even have the best stable in their state?  Try again. 
laugh.gif

[/color]

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Lets see.......

Nash
Curry

D-Will
Aaron Brooks

Billups
Jameer Nelson
Calderon
Hinrich
Augustin
Mo Williams

Devin Harris
Holiday
CP3
Felton/Lawson

Parker
Rose
Conley
Jennings
Collison
Westbrook

Billups should move up a group, as well as CP3, Rose should probably move up 2 imo

and unless one of their fans comes in and really wants it for the draft ill take...

1. Kings
2. Pistons

since Knicks are taken
30t6p3b.gif

EDIT: didnt see that SacTown was taken. I'll take Detroit unless a die hard Pistons fan really wants to take them from me

Back
Top Bottom