NBA Regular Season Unappreciation...

The MLB postseason is still longer than it should be. Having three or four off days in a seven game series is outrageous; it should be one, two at the most. Four off days is the equivalent of like two months worth in the regular season.
TEAM GRAMMAR POLICE
whywesteppin 23ska909red02 KingLouisXIV DS 530s Finest sir hendrix Rexanglorum Kiddin Like Jason
TEAMCOWBOYS

NBA playoffs are waayy too long

7 games for an 8th seed vs. a 1 seed?

:smh:
smh.gif
EQUIPO BOXEO
White Sox * Bulls * Bears * The Great KATSIDIS​

Quote:
If you're hovering around .500 by the end of the year, you've got no business playing for a championship

..with so much personality,
what do you want from me?
i could be by myself and enjoy the company..
but i'd ratherher

APPRECIATED.
New Jersey Nets More Than A Game
#1 Marcus Williams #2 Josh Boone #5 Jason Kidd - C #7 Bostjan Nachbar
#11 Darrell Armstrong #30 Malik Allen #12 Nenad Krstic #15 Vince Carter #21 Antoine Wright
#24 Richard Jefferson #20 Jamaal Magloire #35 Jason Collins #51 Sean Williams

"If you finish 1st or 2nd in the conference after 6 months of regular season games, you shouldn't have to prove you're better AGAIN vs teams 5, 6, 7, and 8.."

Kinda like Dallas? I do agree though that the first round needs to go back to a best-of-5.

If we're talking about shortening seasons, start with baseball, as some have mentioned. There is no reason they need to play more than 100 games. Baseball doesn't even matter until June.
Spinach dip, real hot chicks. Spike the punch and take a sip.​

Quote:
Too many teams make the NBA Playoffs. There's usually 2-3 teams per conference every year that have no business being in the playoffs. If you're hovering around .500 by the end of the year, you've got no business playing for a championship, imo...NBA really could benefit from either shortening the season or cutting down the number of playoff teams. MLB's season is long as hell too, but at least only the best teams make the postseason. MLB's postseason is about the perfect format, imo...I like upsets, I like playoffs not lasting 2 months. I like that generally any team in the postseason has a legit chance to win the World Series in most years. It's not that way in the NBA. The regular season drags out, bad teams make the playoffs and you know they've got ZERO chance of winning anything, then you've got another two months before a champion is crowned...Both sports could benefit from better scheduling, though.
:smile:
smile.gif
:smile:
smile.gif
You must be the change you want to see in the world​

Damn that...

NBA regular season>>>>>>> MLB regular season >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>NHL regular season

And the reason that the first page is flooded with NBA threads isn't because of the regular season, but because of a little something called OPENING NIGHT. Naturally everyone's gonna be hyped about their team starting up again.
For Sale, sz 12: Jordans, AM 90's, Barkleys, Huaraches. Check the B/S 11/5+ forum.
"Sports Do Not Build Character, They Reveal It." - John Wooden
TEAM AM FAM

^Did you really need all of those >>>>>'s. The only thing saving the NBA is TNT.
TEAM XBOX360​
.: nnarum :.​
MINNESOTA TWINS

I agree that they should cut a couple of teams from the NBA playoffs. If the season is so long, then there shouldn't be as many teams in the playoffs.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Quote:
And that's not even taking into account that half of the players in the league are horrible.
///
TEAM LAKERS
teamdecepticon
T R A N S F O R M E R S​

Quote:
If you finish 1st or 2nd in the conference after 6 months of regular season games, you shouldn't have to prove you're better AGAIN vs teams 5, 6, 7, and 8.. you've proved it for 6 months, and to make us sit through it again is insulting and an obvious attempt to gouge us as fans
TEAM 916

Quote:
the playoffs are different then the regular season
anything can happen
word to golden state last year and denver in 93'-94'
:lol:
laugh.gif
the playoffs, I could've just tivo'd the regular season games and kept watching it.

You are punishing good teams and rewarding bad ones with the current system.

^ok i guess i can kinda see your point
but if you dont like the length of the regular season just dont really tune into it until it gets good
i never watch the beginning of the season cuz football is on
but the 49ers suck @#%$ so im stuck wit hoop...

but yeah they need to go back to the 5-7-7-7 format
7 games in the 1st round is bs :smh:
smh.gif
TEAM 916

don't be mad if your favorite sport doesn't have as many fans and/or generate as much discussion as basketball.

that's just how it is. you can go ahead and create offseason threads and carry on discussion like we do during the boring months of baseball season. nobody's stopping you from doing what you want.

..with so much personality,
what do you want from me?
i could be by myself and enjoy the company..
but i'd ratherher

Quote:
Umm, it will die down. And basketball is the best sport so it should get most coverage

Excellent argument.

Quote:
but if you dont like the length of the regular season just dont really tune into it until it gets good
SuraEsco: HATE

Quote:
don't be mad if your favorite sport doesn't have as many fans and/or generate as much discussion as basketball.

laugh.gif

NBA fanbase has nothing compared to what it used to.

Quote:
that's just how it is. you can go ahead and create offseason threads and carry on discussion like we do during the boring months of baseball season. nobody's stopping you from doing what you want

Quote:
That doesn't make the season anymore worthwhile. Pretending like things don't exist isn't always the best plan of action.
laugh.gif
ed chaging. i couldnt even watch the finals last year because it was terribly boring. not knockin the NBA im still a diehard fan, it just needs to get exciting aigain.

or maybe its just not exciting wen your team doesnt do as well...
***WANTED WHITE,BLACK,& RED JORDAN II DS OR VNDS SIZE 10.5 GET AT ME!!!***

TEAM 916

Sorry I disagree. If the next season started the day after the Finals I would be fine with that. I never get tired of the NBA.
TEAM BEN GORDON
"...he got changed over his change a block off Ashland

Its bad here on NT during the regular season but in general the regular season is a bit unappreciated. Rarely are there GREAT games and there arent nearly as many trades made as in baseball so theres not much to talk about. Great matchups rarely live up to the hype and the playoffs drag on for seemingly months.
Code:
 NEW YORK JETS_TEAMYANKEES_New Jersey NetsThe next thing you know Im wearing absolutely nothing...Except for my socks..And you know when Im down to just my socks what time it is...Its BUSINESS TIME

Im just glad its basketball season again.
cant wait for cbb now.
MIAMI HEAT
TEAMLOSTPOWERCITY​

This post really shows who the TRUE fans of basketball are.

Quote:
and to make us sit through it again is insulting and an obvious attempt to gouge us as fans.

First of all, you dont speak for all of us basketball fans because just looking at this post, not everyone agrees with you. Including me.

Quote:
Rarely are there GREAT games
W....I....L....L....I....A....M....S​

Quote:
You need to relax. It's not that i HATE the NBA... i'm just suggesting ways it could be improved.

i think u need to relax look at what you wrote up there

Back
Top Bottom