NEW APPAREL BRAND : : : RSVP 4 LAUNCH PARTY update pg9

when I say investors, I am speaking of people I know closely fam/friends who want to be apart of my project. I am keeping this close to home. I am to young to be in heavy debt, word to Mark Echo..

and thanks Tommie for that LEAK :lol:
laugh.gif
Ian'sed creating. Just know I have a spacific age range, goal to create simple yet elegant, functional garments. Which means Kev and O have to special order whatever they want. :lol:
laugh.gif
Quote:
my bottom line has always been are you creating something that you want to see on a tee shirt? If so then it's irrelevant if you only sell 5 of them and lose $$$ because it's something you wanted to create.

that should be your focus. I always encourage people to keep the initial process a secret and gather feedback AFTER. End up with solidified designs becoming questionable because such and such think this should be here and that doesnt look good. and again, a technique I learned from Marlon @ Aja that Badgeman
Quote:
if making the shirts is only about "getting paid" then I'd just make some friends at Nike in order to get the jump on upcoming colorways and produce shirts in said colorways because those will sell w/o question, it's just whether you want something that's ultimately disposable or if you want your brand to mean something to you personally.

technique sells like HOT CAKES!
Team DC/MD/VA
"EQAUL OPPORTUNITY RACIST"
O.G. Member DreadHeadTHE MANGO JUICE KEEPS DRIPPIN

Tactus, you are very right...the balance is key. Execution and planning make a world of difference.

What will help me is my network. It doesn't take but a phone call to get the goods in the right hands...to be passed on to someone recognizable or of celebrity status.

Honestly...how many people would REALLY rock that sweater that looks like a McDonald's French Fry box. I think it's cool looking...and silly at the same time....BUT, the fact that pics of Kanye and Lupe rocking it have surfaced and spread throughout the web...makes it have more appeal.

I scan through the "Celebs rockin' heat" thread all the time...and I see dudes going crazy over Kanye's outfits...kinda qu33r if you ask me...but they do it. So many people want a pair of Infrareds now, because homeboy ricks them all the time.

With all that said, all it takes is to get the goods in the right hands.
Sig check...
MY CITY NEEDS PEOPLE LIKE ME
I REPRESENT IT PROUDLY.
WITH WHAT I AM COOKING IN THE KITCHEN RIGHT NOW...
DC WILL HAVE YET ANOTHER ASTERISK ON THE MAP.

I think the market is saturated because people are using other people sucess as a blueprint. As a designer, so long you provide a product from your viewpoint as oppose to what is hot right now you will be ok. Ican spoke about the boutique and the same thing applies. Social study, Commonwealth and Major all offer different products to a certain degree but when you come out as a new boutique selling the same streetwear lines like them or Up Aganst the Wall you will fail. Lavan so long its your point of view you are good. Shuman your line sounds interesting similiar to (2k tees or fifty24sf.com), you sounds like a curator of a apparel line which is unique. Much sucess to all. True creative competition is never a problem, it raises th bar and brands that follower the leaders saturate the market. I think the game is wide open for companies with fresh ideas.
STOCKS & BONDS
TEES COMING SOON

Lavan, you must've missed my line about something being disposable haha, if you want to deep-six any long term credibility just put your clothes on a well known person for exposure, god knows Affliction pulls that move and their stuff is fruitier than a truck full of pineapples.
THAT WAS A PIMP SCHOOL MAN!

I actually would rock the french fry one, because I like AquaTeen HungerForce.
DestinationKicks: real great idea tommie, real great stereotee : you never f'n know these days stereotee : remember the alamo

"There is a fanbase that wants to hear good music, but there is a media that promotes foolishness." -Rhymefest[/center][/b][/i][/font]

Badge, you wont believe I just type a long message about that and a few other things...

It was in my quick reply...I "cut" it and was gonna paste it into the "add reply" to make some nice colored fonts...

and I forget I had just copied...and did a second copy...so it's gone.

I'm an idiot.

BUT, I have a few connections in my network to get the goods into the hands of some known folk.

Glenn, I know you would...you rocked the Cookie Monster joint, plus...you're a lot younger than me. I'm a lil' to mature to wear that one. It's silly, but I don't knock it...I like how it looks...but it aint for me to wear.
Sig check...
I REPRESENT IT PROUDLY.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I'm half joking because I've been guilty of doing the same thing but ultimately the designs will stand on their own regardless of whether you can secure a higher profile type as a "billboard" of sorts. And I can't even knock the whole shoe politics as a subject since I made a shirt that projected a fashion opinion (can't post it on here...well maybe if I make a censored version of it haha), as long as you can find people to agree with your point on the tee then you'll have customers no problem.

Quote:
as long as you can find people to agree with your point on the tee then you'll have customers no problem.
MY CITY NEEDS PEOPLE LIKE MEWITH WHAT I AM COOKING IN THE KITCHEN RIGHT NOW...

For what it's worth I've thought Kanye has had pretty wack fashion sense even when he was a semi-known producer years ago doing the columns for Complex, I was like "Who is this guy to be rating everyone else? Especially giving hood ratings when this candy apple wouldn't last 5 minutes in a real one"? :lol:
laugh.gif

Shuman...I was saying that when the dudes sweat Kanye...it's qu33r...not the sweater or any garment...just jockin' him like that is qu33r.

True about Karl Kani and Fubu....

The celeb thing hleps. You cant say it doesn't. You may not like that approach, but you know it works.

Those crazy Ugg boots got some serious shine when Kate Hudson wore them on the billboard for a movie...rocking a shirt and a short jean skirt. How many times have you seen THAT outfit recently? I've seen it plenty.

If a celeb wears somehting, in many people's minds it equals credibility...to some people, it validates.

Sig check...
I REPRESENT IT PROUDLY.

I'm not feeling the "fakebusters" joint. But, in fairness, I'm probably not
Dream Team of MD/DC/VA - TRUTH hurts, doesn't it?
'TeePeso,' 'Ryan8478,' DCShoeDon,' 'JaywhYeNeX,' 'Importking,' 'DCshoechick,' 'Scott Scotch,' 'rudolph1996,' '7hillz'​

^^^ No bull...

And isn't he claiming to be the G.O.A.T.?

Wow.

Kev, that's actually the angle I'm taking...I didn't put the jumpsuit on him in that one...Fake Busters includes more than one person...but the rest of the team developed as HE was developing...so you'll see them in the near future.

I have some simple text stuff for you Kev. Very calm.
Sig check...
I REPRESENT IT PROUDLY.

my apologies Levaninsert celebrity
Quote:
If a celeb wears somehting, in many people's minds it equals credibility...to some people, it validates.
Quote:
Give me a rack of black and white tees, with the logo/text name of the company in the front in numerous colors, and I'm good.

Team DC/MD/VA
"EQAUL OPPORTUNITY RACIST"
O.G. Member DreadHeadTHE MANGO JUICE KEEPS DRIPPIN

True Shuman...but really, you cant control who wears what...if it happens it happens. If the designs are great...I'm sure they will still be perceieved as though. There are some really hot tees with some nice vector graphics that I have seen...and then there are some crap tees I've seen done by non-artist...and just all-around messy. Whether The Fake Busters joint is appealing or not to some folks...I dont think it can be denied as a nice piece of work...I personally would not be pressed to wear it...but I LOVE it. That's the artist in me. I own some ugly sneakers...but the ARTIST in me finds something appealing about them...it's those intricate details...

I wont have anything that looks like it's just slap on the shirt.

lol...lol...at Badgeman.

I actually have somehting Kev may REALLY like in the Spring...

In the Jan/Feb time slot I'll have something additional to offer, beyond tees.
Sig check...
I REPRESENT IT PROUDLY.

You're a fool...lol...I'm actually laughing at my desk right now.
Sig check...
I REPRESENT IT PROUDLY.

REALLY ALL I WANT IS MY NIKETALK SHIRT......TO MATCH WITH SOME NIKETALK DUNKS.....LAME BUT I BET IT WILL BE FRESH

THATS A HINT FOR YOU CLOTHING COMPANIES
THE BLACK DON IMUSSUPPORTIN ALL MY NAPPY HEADED ***$
INDUSTRYDESIGNS
we are what's INMYSPACEINDUSTRY DESIGNS

Quote:
LAME BUT I BET IT WILL BE FRESH
:lol:
laugh.gif

Dream Team of MD/DC/VA - TRUTH hurts, doesn't it?
'TeePeso,' 'Ryan8478,' DCShoeDon,' 'JaywhYeNeX,' 'Importking,' 'DCshoechick,' 'Scott Scotch,' 'rudolph1996,' '7hillz'​

I predict highest sells in ISS's B.S.T. section...
Sig check...
I REPRESENT IT PROUDLY.

Back
Top Bottom