NEW Player Exclusive/Promo Thread!

One pair I should have held on to.
391783743.jpg

KDogLBJ23 - Amazing pair. The history behind that pair is just huge to me.
Bkals -  I love to see those svsm pics. I will never forget our special friend! Dealing with that guy I always felt like I was getting scammed 
laugh.gif

I still have some very nice pairs from him. 

DS Bron 2k3

Haha...
roll.gif
 I agree DJ... it was "interesting" to say the least!!!

I could use a DS pair of those!  Mine is game used...

397711195.jpg

Originally Posted by AKA LONGSTROKE

Originally Posted by DIGITALJORDAN

Originally Posted by lolblackpeople

Question - what happened to the shoe comps? why did everything die? did everyone get their grails and lose interest?

Personally, I play in everything I own. It was never about reselling, then making a buck. I got into Player Exclusives due to me not being able to find kicks in my size in a store as a kid. I wore a size 14, when I was thirteen. A certain former player gave me his kicks when I went to a hoops camp, due to me not having a proper pair of kicks to play in, as he wore my size.  He went into his trunk of his car, gave me a pair of shoes with his name on them, a pair that I was clowned on by friends telling me that they were a pair of rejects, factory variants, due to them not having the swoosh on the back. Those shoes are long gone, but the memory of that cat doing me a kindness, will last forever. That cat was Rory Sparrow, and they were a pair of low cut Nike Blazers. 
VERY cool story, thanks for sharing. While we're discussing OG SMU's (my favorite kind of PE!), here's a blast from the past:

Originally Posted by nine point five

VERY cool story, thanks for sharing. While we're discussing OG SMU's (my favorite kind of PE!), here's a blast from the past:

Be still my beating heart! LOL! I KNOW those World B Free joints! I had a pair, played them into the ground! I think size 13 and 1/2 right? They are from his Cleveland days!

Originally Posted by KDogLBJ23

391783743.jpg
NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is my holy grail. This is the shoe that started it all for me. When I saw them on the Lebron episode of 'The Life'... 
eek.gif

Whoever has these, please sell them to me. 
frown.gif

All those SVSM's from when he was in high school
pimp.gif

If anyone is tryen to unload some of those 2k3s please let me know
nerd.gif

I'm going to chime in on the sneaker “competition" issue andhopefully we can put it to bed and focus on more PE photos and discussion. Thefirst two Sole Collector shows were held in San Francisco & Los Angeles.Before the first show, there was no talk of prizes/awards/custom shoes etc. forwinners of different categories. There was plenty of positive buzz on theforums and everyone was excited to participate and attend! The Shoe Game wasthe overall "winner" in S.F. and he was given a pair of Vince CarterBB4 PE's. No big deal, nobody even knew he was given those PE's afterwards.From my understanding, the vibe was awesome up in San Francisco for that first show,just a bunch of sneaker lovers gathering to showcase their shoes. For the NikeTownL.A. show, that same positive energy was present. I participated in thatshow because I thought it would be fun and a great opportunity to meet othercollectors and talk about kicks. I met some amazing people that night in L.A!Bkals flew out with his wife from Chicago, The Shoe Game drove down fromNorthern California, Dill flew out from Texas. Sneakerheads from all overSouthern California gathered at in one location, which was incredible! AlthoughI love my 1/1 custom laser Dunks from Beaverton, those shoes contributed to theSC competitions going downhill FAST!

From that point, it became a mad scramble to see how much money could bespend to put together the winning display from city to city. Guys who didn’teven care about PE’s were suddenly taking out 2[sup]nd[/sup] mortgages to buyrare PE’s in an attempt to win a custom 1/1 pair of sneakers. Feelings weregetting hurt, things became very cutthroat and contentious. Basically, thetrain came off the tracks and these “competitions

Originally Posted by Destination Kicks

391783743.jpg
NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is my holy grail. This is the shoe that started it all for me. When I saw them on the Lebron episode of 'The Life'... 
eek.gif

frown.gif

these were on ebay not too long ago and went for a very reasonable price.

Originally Posted by Jay Jones

I'm going to chime in on the sneaker “competition" issue andhopefully we can put it to bed and focus on more PE photos and discussion. Thefirst two Sole Collector shows were held in San Francisco & Los Angeles.Before the first show, there was no talk of prizes/awards/custom shoes etc. forwinners of different categories. There was plenty of positive buzz on theforums and everyone was excited to participate and attend! The Shoe Game wasthe overall "winner" in S.F. and he was given a pair of Vince CarterBB4 PE's. No big deal, nobody even knew he was given those PE's afterwards.From my understanding, the vibe was awesome up in San Francisco for that first show,just a bunch of sneaker lovers gathering to showcase their shoes. For the NikeTownL.A. show, that same positive energy was present. I participated in thatshow because I thought it would be fun and a great opportunity to meet othercollectors and talk about kicks. I met some amazing people that night in L.A!Bkals flew out with his wife from Chicago, The Shoe Game drove down fromNorthern California, Dill flew out from Texas. Sneakerheads from all overSouthern California gathered at in one location, which was incredible! AlthoughI love my 1/1 custom laser Dunks from Beaverton, those shoes contributed to theSC competitions going downhill FAST!

From that point, it became a mad scramble to see how much money could bespend to put together the winning display from city to city. Guys who didn’teven care about PE’s were suddenly taking out 2[sup]nd[/sup] mortgages to buyrare PE’s in an attempt to win a custom 1/1 pair of sneakers. Feelings weregetting hurt, things became very cutthroat and contentious. Basically, thetrain came off the tracks and these “competitions

391783743.jpg
eek.gif

frown.gif

How much? 
embarassed.gif

eek.gif

frown.gif

How much? 
embarassed.gif
Under $2k for sure....I want to say $1200ish

Originally Posted by sneakerheadrussia

my love sneakers
sz 10.5

jordan retro 4 undftd

74 pairs worlwide

79abb915f817.jpg

Jordan 4 laser (promo sample)

330eb3e3fe28.jpg

Kazi, were these yours man?
laugh.gif

PO

Originally Posted by theshoegame

399983112.jpg
MJ wore these against the Magic in the '95 Playoffs obviously...

Did he wear these very same shoes during filming for SpaceJam though or did he in fact have a Royal Blue accented pair made for the film, which of course was what was retroed in the early 2000s?

Originally Posted by 23RAKIM45

399983112.jpg

Did he wear these very same shoes during filming for SpaceJam though or did he in fact have a Royal Blue accented pair made for the film, which of course was what was retroed in the early 2000s?

MJ wore these w/ purple accents in the film and on court.

Originally Posted by dankenstien88

Originally Posted by 23RAKIM45

399983112.jpg

MJ wore these w/ purple accents in the film and on court.

79216969c1af3270b0f0aeeb791ff91f91acfdba_r.jpg

here's a pic, not mine.  i wish!

Back
Top Bottom