***New Reebok Pick-Ups, Release Info, etc.***

Might sound crazy, but do you think these are wearable? I personally wear everything I buy, but I don't want to be walking on asphalt after 7 steps lol

Honestly brother, when you buy shoes of that vintage you're almost always better off buying a lightly worn pair. It allows the foam to compact and compress and stay in that bonded position over the years. Unworn pairs can be brittle and porous - hence the cracking and powdering. I would wear them lightly around the house for about an hour before doing any kind of major wears. Wear them for about an hour every other day or so just to get the foam to compact slowly. It's still a 50/50 but you barely paid anything for the shoes.

Last edited:

My Kendrick's just came it, don't usually buy Reebok but I'm super happy with this one. My fav so far out of the 3 they've done. 

Honestly brother, when you buy shoes of that vintage you're almost always better off buying a lightly worn pair. It allows the foam to compact and compress and stay in that bonded position over the years. Unworn pairs can be brittle and porous - hence the cracking and powdering. I would wear them lightly around the house for about an hour before doing any kind of major wears. Wear them for about an hour every other day or so just to get the foam to compact slowly. It's still a 50/50 but you barely paid anything for the shoes.

Hey, thanks for the advice and repped. That's probably a really good idea just wearing them around my place to get them to break in. That was kinda my last deciding factor was they were so cheap. Also, is there anything I can put on them to maybe keep or make the materials more "supple", you know? Maybe put a little something on them before I even wear them so they don't turn to dust on my feet. Any advice is much appreciated.

Can someone school me on these?

A while back Reebok made these Ostrich and the other Python premium Attaq's for some modern day "rappers" and their entourages, but than something happened and ended up selling on the site, they never had smaller than 9 size, otherwise the Ostrich would have been mine.

A while back Reebok made these Ostrich and the other Python premium Attaq's for some modern day "rappers" and their entourages, but than something happened and ended up selling on the site, they never had smaller than 9 size, otherwise the Ostrich would have been mine.

Was so mad that they only went to size 9...I followed that damn IG for days waiting for that link to drop once they were live, only to be told size 8 was a no go... :smh:

Hey, thanks for the advice and repped. That's probably a really good idea just wearing them around my place to get them to break in. That was kinda my last deciding factor was they were so cheap. Also, is there anything I can put on them to maybe keep or make the materials more "supple", you know? Maybe put a little something on them before I even wear them so they don't turn to dust on my feet. Any advice is much appreciated.

99.9% of the time you don't have to worry about the uppers. They can separate from the midsole so you may have to re-glue some spots. The main thing is the midsole/outsole crumbling, hence you have to be really be careful with how you wear them.

Yeah I grabbed both pairs, a 10 and a 13.

So this is 8% of the total production run? lol

I thought it was a 10.5. I would have offered to get them from you but the the bump looking spots on it aren't really my thing. Nice pickup though. Congrats in order lol

I thought it was a 10.5. I would have offered to get them from you but the the bump looking spots on it aren't really my thing. Nice pickup though. Congrats in order lol

They were on the 10.5 shelf and I hadn't peeped the box yet.

That's how ostrich leather looks though, it's where the feathers were plucked.

99.9% of the time you don't have to worry about the uppers. They can separate from the midsole so you may have to re-glue some spots. The main thing is the midsole/outsole crumbling, hence you have to be really be careful with how you wear them.

Ohhh ok. I had a pair of Converse Wade 1.3 and they crumbled bad on the uppers. I appreciate the advice. I figured I could reglue here and there. All the shoes I wear are for casual use, but that makes great sense to try to slowly get them to break in.

Thanks bro, yeah read about it. Cool concept. Didn't follow this when it was out, I wonder how people reacted.

Back
Top Bottom