***New Reebok Pick-Ups, Release Info, etc.***

^Beautiful! Just look at the detail on the Vector stitching, they don't make logos like that anymore.  

Yep. They actually even came with a "Shoe Care" intruction table I set the box lid. Surprised to see that. I'm debating some white laces though....not sure. Wore them around my place a little and they are nice, I definitely like them.

Finally got these babies in the mail from eBay. I'm pretty stoked. I haven't even laced them up yet. They have yellowed a little on the midsole, but being they are 17 years old it's to be expected. There's a couple guys on here I would like to thank agin for the advice. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE. Thanks again! I'm gonna lace 'em up and maybe do a little light walking around.

Fantastic pickup. Congratulations!

Very much of this era (apologies for the low-res pic):

Last edited:
Got my graphlite pro in today. Too small plus the leather was kinda shidy. Will be returned

Got my graphlite pro in today. Too small plus the leather was kinda shidy. Will be returned

Hey Rob, how did you get them? Are you in the US? I got an email from Reebok UK and they told me they will not ship to the USA. I have no way of getting them right now and I'm bummed! [emoji]128542[/emoji]

Any chance you could post a picture of them? Would love to see a real shot of them vs the Reebok photo.

Last edited:
Too small? So did you went TTS on them? I the Graphlite real at least? 

No i had to go down half a size since they didnt have my regular one. I dont know, the whole shoe felt and looked cheap, stiff hexalite window as well. Wish reebok would put the same effort into their trainer retros as with their runners.

Oh OK thanks, the leather is no surprise to me, actually a genuine leather would have been a surprise to me since the OG had a synthetic one too, just a little bit a different type. As for the Hexalite, only the Question has a Hexalite closer to the OG, all the rest is just terrible. Waiting on mine to arrive this week. 

Is the Graphlite real? Does it sound like glass when you knock with your nail over it?

Last edited:
Hey Rob, how did you get them? Are you in the US? I got an email from Reebok UK and they told me they will not ship to the USA. I have no way of getting them right now and I'm bummed! [emoji]128542[/emoji]

Any chance you could post a picture of them? Would love to see a real shot of them vs the Reebok photo.

No im located in eu. But to be honest youre not missing out on much. They looked way better in the pics imo.
Nah i never bothered, returned them about an hour ago.

Oh OK thanks, the leather is no surprise to me, actually a genuine leather would have been a surprise to me since the OG had a synthetic one too, just a little bit a different type. As for the Hexalite, only the Question has a Hexalite closer to the OG, all the rest is just terrible. Waiting on mine to arrive this week. 
Is the Graphlite real? Does it sound like glass when you knock with your nail over it?

I never paid attention to it honestly since the overall feel was meh. But hey, who thought these were coming back..hopefully they have some more gems comin..

I cant wait to get them in hand, I will definitely be wearing them a lot, meh or not, always loved this model very much. 

Trent, the plastic garbage they use today is very different from the synthetic materials they used back then. The older stuff was actually pliable and soft and in some cases actually felt better than real leather. This new stuff that debuted circa '03 is extremely rigid, folds rather than creases and is just overall trash. On one hand of the coin I can understand why Adibok won't spend money on good materials but on the flip-side they are essentially only targeting Reebok die-hards with their obscure retro product so putting out a subpar retro generally leaves a bad feeling overall.

I do get that you want this model but at the same time, paying full pop and accepting a subpar product sends Adibok the wrong message.

Last edited:
You know me, I very rarely, if ever pay full retail for anything, but these ones I really wanted. As for the old synthetic, yes I agree it was very playable and soft, but after time it peels off very badly, that was the only reason I didn't like that material back then. The new synthetic is not good too, too stiff like you said, I would have loved for them to put some genuine leather on it, Reebok are so strange and unexplained to me, take for example the Kamikaze ll retros, 40 different colorways and only 2 or 3 out of them are done with good quality materials, that last one black and grey pair I bought, the leather on the toe box is so good, its 90's good, same goes for the pink bk awareness pair and we have so many other done in that new plastic stuff...nothing we can do. 

Aside from this, I really hope the rest of it will be on point, real Graphlite, good soft polylite midsole and thick padding, if that is present, I will be happy.

My Kendrick's just came it, don't usually buy Reebok but I'm super happy with this one. My fav so far out of the 3 they've done. 

Nice vid

I just got mine today. I'm a TTS 9.5 so I got those but I feel like I should have gotten a 10. I think the factory lacing is done a bit tight so I'll redo it, and it will probably loosen up with a wear

You know me, I very rarely, if ever pay full retail for anything, but these ones I really wanted. As for the old synthetic, yes I agree it was very playable and soft, but after time it peels off very badly, that was the only reason I didn't like that material back then. The new synthetic is not good too, too stiff like you said, I would have loved for them to put some genuine leather on it, Reebok are so strange and unexplained to me, take for example the Kamikaze ll retros, 40 different colorways and only 2 or 3 out of them are done with good quality materials, that last one black and grey pair I bought, the leather on the toe box is so good, its 90's good, same goes for the pink bk awareness pair and we have so many other done in that new plastic stuff...nothing we can do. 
Aside from this, I really hope the rest of it will be on point, real Graphlite, good soft polylite midsole and thick padding, if that is present, I will be happy.

Yes I remember the peeling quite well and I agree they should've put real leather on some of the stuff that originally had the synthetic materials. With damn near everything going plastic these days you would expect leather uppers to be selling for dirt cheap but hey what do I know?

In retrospect that Reebok retro basketball surge from '12-'14 could've been executed better. The standouts really were the Attaqs, Battlegrounds & Pumps with decent build quality (save for the garbage/broken Pump technology). All the Kemps, Rails, etc.. could've had better overall quality but I guess I got caught up in the nostalgia.

Yes I remember the peeling quite well and I agree they should've put real leather on some of the stuff that originally had the synthetic materials. With damn near everything going plastic these days you would expect leather uppers to be selling for dirt cheap but hey what do I know?

In retrospect that Reebok retro basketball surge from '12-'14 could've been executed better. The standouts really were the Attaqs, Battlegrounds & Pumps with decent build quality (save for the garbage/broken Pump technology). All the Kemps, Rails, etc.. could've had better overall quality but I guess I got caught up in the nostalgia.

Didn't we all get caught up just seeing those shoes again? And obviously we hoped that our support of the brand would lead to more product... but sadly those dreams are yet to be (or will never be) realised.

It would be so nice to actually have a Reebok retro release schedule so that we have things to look forward to. The releases all seem so random, outside of the "anniversary" pushes with collabs for the Classics, the Ventilators, the Pumps and now the Questions. Like Trent said, we got spammed with K2s of varying quality, but had no real idea what was coming more than a week or 2 out from release. An odd way to do business.

It kinda odd because Nike keeps pumping retros that are of "questionable" quality while still jacking the prices up and up. Maybe it's because Reebok doesn't have much of a presence in modern basketball like Nike, or even Under Armour and Adidas or whatever with bigger named athletes so it's hard to get people, and I hate to use the term, but "hyped" for new releases or retros. I have the Kamikaze 1s and 2s and the Rails and Shagnosis. As far as comfort I find Reebok is much more comfortable than most anything else, in the retro market. Just my 2 cents.

It kinda odd because Nike keeps pumping retros that are of "questionable" quality while still jacking the prices up and up. Maybe it's because Reebok doesn't have much of a presence in modern basketball like Nike, or even Under Armour and Adidas or whatever with bigger named athletes so it's hard to get people, and I hate to use the term, but "hyped" for new releases or retros. I have the Kamikaze 1s and 2s and the Rails and Shagnosis. As far as comfort I find Reebok is much more comfortable than most anything else, in the retro market. Just my 2 cents.

Reebok basketball and running has been largely irrelevant in the 21st century save for the Iverson line up and it started tapering off with Answer V and upward.

Adidas also started retroing Reebok's back catalog a whole DECADE too late. They should've done so immediately when they acquired Reebok in '04-'05 but Adidas themselves are very poorly run and they simply did not have the foresight to see the long term potential in Reebok back then. They just wanted Reebok's presence in the NBA & NHL markets at the time.

All the Reebok shoes you mentioned have great 'initial' comfort but they wear, really fast vs. the better built Attaqs, Battlegrounds and Pumps.

Didn't we all get caught up just seeing those shoes again? And obviously we hoped that our support of the brand would lead to more product... but sadly those dreams are yet to be (or will never be) realised.

It would be so nice to actually have a Reebok retro release schedule so that we have things to look forward to. The releases all seem so random, outside of the "anniversary" pushes with collabs for the Classics, the Ventilators, the Pumps and now the Questions. Like Trent said, we got spammed with K2s of varying quality, but had no real idea what was coming more than a week or 2 out from release. An odd way to do business.

What can you say or do brother? There was some cat who posted in the Shaq thread about some product coming out next year, but there's not a single peep on any of the big sites.

In this day and age, would it kill them to release some samples?

how do the LX 8500 run
i never had a pair but i'm digging the Bangkok 24 kilates collaboration

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom