New Season Thread Made, Move on Over :)

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....-he-is/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol seem, at least on the surface, to have a complicated relationship. Bryant knows that he would not have won the two championships in 2009 and 2010 without Gasol. But Gasol’s problems with toughness and consistency in the playoffs the past two seasons has created a level of frustration. Bryant has publicly and reportedly privately challenged Gasol to bring more and been disappointed with what has wound up on the floor.

But in a media appearance in Barcelona with Team USA, Bryant stuck up for Gasol, telling reporters:

Kobe, answering a question from a Spanish reporter about Pau’s status with the Lakers: “As long as I’m there, he’s going to be there.”

Kobe Bryant was asked on Saturday about Pau Gasol's future with the Lakers.

"As long as I'm there, he's going to be there," said Bryant.

Link:

http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...With_Lakers_As_Long_As_Im_There#ixzz21HnWJbdZ

Oh boy can't wait to see how NT'ers like Ska and others respond & react to this :lol:

Last edited:
So me & Essential are definitely in disagreement. :lol:

He says "Let the saga play out; well get Dwight." I say "Our FO is wasting their time; we are NOT getting this dude."
Link:
http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...With_Lakers_As_Long_As_Im_There#ixzz21HnWJbdZ
Oh boy can't wait to see how NT'ers like Ska and others respond & react to this :lol:
Meh, I take words w/ a grain of salt, especially if the words sound even remotely PR-conscience, which Kobe's words do in this case. He has proclaimed a loyalty to Fish plenty of times, and now Fish is in OKC and everything's fine. I think he says these things to instill a confidence in the player he's talking about, let that player know he's on their side.

Last edited:
John Ireland ‏@LAIreland

Ran into @sashavujacic today. Has option to go back to Turkey, but is exploring returning to the NBA this yr. Will decide b 4 end of July
Collapse

Retweet
Favorite

bring the machine back!

I hate all this imaginary line up talk ,but a straight up paul for iggy/j.smooth trade and the dwight move

makes us light years better defensively. Josh smith would actually be great even without dwight

because he can actually do one of the few things that bynum can't which is defend against the pick and roll .

you go figure that and the fact that bynum is on a contract year+ he's playing with a pass first pg

that who's shot has to be respected (sessions got no respect from the perimeter) and i say

good things can happen , it's come playoff time we have a problem once bynum decides he's done

enough to earn a max and/or mike brown runs the icy hot all stars to the ground.

I'm not so convinced a straight up Pau trade would be right.. I'd be doing the same thing the FO did.. Give me everything I can get..

Somewhat Star + Nice Bench Player + Pick

All this is not necessary anyway because we are not trading Pau.. Unless someone gives us a deal where we are wondering "Why are they offering all that for Pau?" I'm cool with Pau..

I just want Dwight, and it's playing into our hands.. Houston knows they will demolish their own franchise for no reason at all.. And that's the only deal Magic will accept from them.. They keep moving the goal post further, and further.. Everyone knows Dwight does not want to be there.. AT ALL.. Ever.. The only team left that he wants to play for is LA..

If Houston was smart, they'd take Bynum + Glen Davis... Send out KevMart, A few of their 2 year guys (Morris, Patterson, Douglass).. And spread out 2 first round picks + a 2- 2nd Round over a couple years...

They keep all their young players, keep most of their picks, and do not cripple their salary cap. And a better team with room to grow through trades + free agency in up coming years until the Lin & Asik poison pill.

This deal gives cap relief + picks...

Everyone needs to call the Magic's bluff.. Including the Rockets who have been pulling back on Dwight.

^ ska is like that 16 year old girl on fb complaining about the 2010 beamer her parents got her , when it comes to the lakers. 
laugh.gif

I'm not so convinced a straight up Pau trade would be right.. I'd be doing the same thing the FO did.. Give me everything I can get..
Somewhat Star + Nice Bench Player + Pick
All this is not necessary anyway because we are not trading Pau.. Unless someone gives us a deal where we are wondering "Why are they offering all that for Pau?" I'm cool with Pau..
I just want Dwight, and it's playing into our hands.. Houston knows they will demolish their own franchise for no reason at all.. And that's the only deal Magic will accept from them.. They keep moving the goal post further, and further.. Everyone knows Dwight does not want to be there.. AT ALL.. Ever.. The only team left that he wants to play for is LA..
If Houston was smart, they'd take Bynum + Glen Davis... Send out KevMart, A few of their 2 year guys (Morris, Patterson, Douglass).. And spread out 2 first round picks + a 2- 2nd Round over a couple years...
They keep all their young players, keep most of their picks, and do not cripple their salary cap. And a better team with room to grow through trades + free agency in up coming years until the Lin & Asik poison pill.
This deal gives cap relief + picks...
Everyone needs to call the Magic's bluff.. Including the Rockets who have been pulling back on Dwight.
EXACTLY

Magic have NO LEVERAGE , they're giving the whole league this false sense of leverage.

Royce White/Lamb/Motiejunas is a strong core , and i would love for the rockets to dismantle

that team before the give us problems 3 years from now just to get dwight for a few months.

I actually think their coming to their sense because they wanted to use those picks to get 2 first rounders now

their hesitant to even

Had an excellent idea....

The mini-MLE is $3mil even..

Jodie Meeks earned $884K, and his market has been ehhhhhhhhhh
Delonte earned $1.146mil, and his market is always smaller than what it should be because of his mental disabilities...

Give each close to a 50% raise on their contract from this year.

Jodie Meeks $1.3mil
Delonte West $1.7mil

$3mil even, and you have both Meeks & Delonte..

Your bench is now

West
Meeks
Jamison
Hill

A trade or two (you know the one I'm talking about + another one if it presents itself), and your bench is :pimp:. Or if need be just have the second trade be a salary dump so we're not adding more money on top of the cap.

Last edited:
How's Meeks on defense? IMO he's one of the top 5 three point shooters (when I watched him, he knocked down everything)

Delonte would he sick for the Lake show off the bench... Provided he stays healthy of course.. Always liked dudes game.

^ ska is like that 16 year old girl on fb complaining about the 2010 beamer her parents got her promised her then changed their mind about then promised her again then changed their mind again and just recently promised her again, when it comes to the lakers. :lol:
Fixed.

Last edited:
Meeks defensively is ehhh..

Delonte is injury prone, but the more fire power you got off the bench the better.. At $1.7mil, you can't really complain because that's not bad..

My vision:
Delonte
Jodie
JRich
Jamison
Hill
_____
Morris
Ebanks
Goudelock
Sacre

:x :pimp: Not a #1 bench, but can't be no worse than the top half of benches in the league..

If Mitch is serious about this bench.. He needs 2-3 more moves to fill it.. And spliting the MLE between Jodie & Delonte rather than wasting his time with Brandon Rush, is the best use of time... Save money by trading Blake around training camp.. There is always 1 team, who missed out on PG's, and need a backup.. Salary dump him to a team that needs a backup and you saved $1mil.

JRich is the final piece.. No one else on the Magic is worth taking (except for JJ Reddick but he's excluded)

Delonte PG/SG
Meeks SG (but is undersized, so PG isn't out of the realm of possibility)
JRich SG/SF
Jamison PF/SF
Hill C/PF

Meeks is the only one not accustomed to 2 positions, but having all these guys who are flexibile would be great in case of injuries..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom