New Season Thread Made, Move on Over :)

Pau is washed is what im saying he's trash on d and thinks he a sf on o the last two years if we get Dwight Pau will still be the third option and we all seen how he plays when that happends..He doesnt play well with another post player on the floor and other teams still have his number so he'll keep getting exposed

:lol: it seems like you guy are interested in the same players as us.

I think Meeks is the better player. Younger and is much efficient shooter.

Posted On Lakers Ground:

I had posted some stuff I had heard from a relative who works within AEG not too long ago. The info was verified legitimate, so I got a few more nuggets last night. Believe or not believe, I'm still willing to share.

-Lakers were THIS close to acquiring Howard a week and a half ago, until Orlando changed the terms and tried pushing Hedo onto LA at the very last minute. It really irked Jim Buss, who proceeded to give call Hennigan and give him a "verbal assault", from what I was told. Supposedly there's pretty much an unsaid "code" that goes along with trades and more importantly, "trade protocol" that teams stick to, and the fact that Orlando's newly minted GM had the audacity to bypass the "manners system" really infuriated Buss. Word is he handed Henn his lunch, much to Kupchak's chagrin.

-After that blow up, Orlando then changed their "wants" yet again, now focusing on wanting to get cheap expirings, rather than a proven player, along with multiple picks & cap relief. But the rumor was, they still indeed wanted the all star, AND the picks, cap relief, salary dumps, etc. That scared away EVERYONE, including Atlanta, and even Dallas(as if they could even muster a package to begin with), leaving the Lakers still there...and Houston. Word is, without the Rockets in the picture LA would've already had this trade completed, but now they're being leveraged against the Lakers.

-Howard vehemently does NOT want to play in Houston, period. Regardless of contract length incentives by staying with them, Dwight WILL get outta there after the lone season he'd have to play for the team. Morey knows this, and although nobody really knows what he's doing( some GMs and front office people around the league joke that it'd take a "rocket scientist" to understand the guy), his play might be to just muck things up..and maybe get either Howard with the inherit risk attached...or Bynum. One thing I know for certain, is he will NOT gut the entire team for either player.

-Cleveland really, really wants Andrew Bynum. They've been very proactive in trade talks, not resisting being the catalyst for LA to get Howard. They see it as a means to an end in order to pair up Drew along with Irving. They're absolutely in love with that prospect.

-Bynum is receptive to signing long term with either Houston or Cleveland, leaning more toward the Cavaliers. The rumors bug him, but he's certainly used to them and it doesn't make him very upset. He likes that he's wanted.

-Buss has definitely wanted to walk away from talks on numerous occasions, but Mitch has stepped in to calm the situation down.

-One last thing, I hear the Lakers will stay over the cap and will actually add if necessary these next couple seasons, to maximize Kobe's final opportunities to get more rings.

And the beat goes on...

So the reason we don't have Dwight is because the Magic broke an unwritten rule of trading?

*sigh*

Feminine tendencies.

"What did I do wrong?"
"I shouldn't have to tell you. You should already know."

:smh:

watching these rookies and second year guys ballin the summer league is depressing 
mean.gif

josh selby is going for 30 every other day and blacking out from 3 , number 1 prospect

coming out of highschool that could have sat/develop with us
[table][tr][td]2[/td][td]41[/td][td]Darius Morris[/td][td]PG[/td][td]
22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png
 United States[/td][td]Los Angeles Lakers  (from Golden State  via New Jersey)[sup][h][/sup][/td][td]Michigan  (So.)[/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td]2[/td][td]46[/td][td]Andrew Goudelock[/td][td]SG/PG[/td][td]
 United States[/td][td]Los Angeles Lakers  (from New York)[sup][p][/sup][/td][td]
College of Charleston  (Sr.)
[/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td]2[/td][td]49[/td][td]Josh Selby[/td][td]PG[/td][td]
 United States[/td][td]Memphis Grizzlies[/td][td]Kansas  (Fr.)[/td][/tr][/table]
s.........m........h

OR, the fact that Orlando is more indecisive than their star player. They don't have a plan. They have 3 different ones and can't decide how to pull off any. They look like me in 2k making ridiculous trade proposals as if they have leverage. Did you see the rumored deal they wanted from Houston? Basically gut the entire team AND take back all of Orlando's terrible contracts. Before that it was Bynum. Oh and that's when they're in the mood to trade Dwight...apparently, they're still holding out hope he stays :x

I can't fault Jimmy for being pissed and wanting to walk away. These dudes are all over the place with very little leverage. But I'm happier Mitch is committed to making it happen. :wink:

[quote name="AG 47"]They don't have a plan. They have 3 different ones and can't decide how to pull off any.[/quote]True.

The way that story looks it's like we were at the end before submitting it to the league. Which means we took on someone. And then Orlando said "You gotta take Hedo too." Which means we'd have to find $9mil extra in contracts to move. Making us have to structure an entirely new deal.

:smh: Deal aint happening ...I have a feeling were gonna suck this season

Suck? That's a little bit much don't ya think?

And yes it will. Patience is key.

Read what Rockets are doing they are pulling back. Of course they want Dwight.. But they cannot gut their flexibility for him (which they'd need to do) . With a 99% chance he leaves. They will help us or Cleveland will .

In addition, the Sun Sentinel has learned the Heat will play Jan. 17 at Staples Center against the Los Angeles Lakers, and then host the Lakers for their lone visit South Florida visit on Feb. 10.

pau is trash? that's dumb. he's earned his rings! he reps his nation. he plays ball all day. all night. not like some others.

Suck? That's a little bit much don't ya think?
And yes it will. Patience is key.
Read what Rockets are doing they are pulling back. Of course they want Dwight.. But they cannot gut their flexibility for him (which they'd need to do) . With a 99% chance he leaves. They will help us or Cleveland will .

I doubt Lakers will suck since all we lost was sessions and we added Nashty to the mix.

I wonder what the Christmas day and opening games will be.

Opening day: Could be any decent WC team. Nuggets, Warriors, Clips, Hornets.

Christmas: No Thunder, Heat. Probably not the Bulls if they're throwing the season already. Celtics? Mavs? Magic or Cavs :tongue:?

Christmas Day: Lakers vs Nets

Only makes sense if the Lakers land Dwight.

Regardless who the Lakers face, pencil in the L already.:smokin

Last edited:
Folks gearing up for that annual Christmas Day L. We've perfected not showing up Christmas Day (Bulls game excluded).

Wouldn't surprise me to see Lakers/Clips on Christmas, battle for LA, keeps 2 teams at home for Christmas at the same time, battle for LA spin, CP3, Blake, etc, I'm guessing that's our Christmas L this year.

Source familiar with Lakers-Cavs-Magic talks says potential trade not dead, but in holding pattern. Teams seem to be weighing options, with Magic, in particular, seeing what else might be out there.

*YAWN*

The Magic are being run by a bunch of bafoons, they literally will have nobody else to trade him to because CHI isn't matching Asik's deal. Just deal him already gosh.

Back
Top Bottom