New Season Thread Made, Move on Over :)

Originally Posted by Essential1

Originally Posted by PMatic

How dare they do their homework and use the leverage they have.

Leverage is an overrated idea in this case. Especially if you are trading Bynum regardless. If we could trade Pau instead with leverage over Dwight then you have a point.. They don't want Metta. They want someone to take JRich or Hedo. Trade Blake take on jRich. Solved.We trade Metta w/ Bynum. Then what? Now a bigger hole at SF. And based on injuries there is no leverage at all. Bynum still has a known history
Especially when they give out terrible contracts to guys like luke walton and trade away sasha and a 1st round pick for 40 year old Joe Smith. NOW they are worried about that stuff? That should not really matter since they are trading a role player in bynum for a franchise player in dwight. Jim Buss is just a moron.

Signing darius Morris will be their offseason.

Great points MR J. The Lakers definitely need to get younger, no question. I just think it would make the most sense to eventually find a big to turn the franchise over to. Cuz if you bring in any scoring wing or guard, I could see Kobe having a very hard time passing the torch - and the ball - to him.

Originally Posted by KB8isCLUTCH

and some of these people got essential gassed
laugh.gif

he throws numbers around on nba trade machine and spits some basic CBA knowledge and all of a sudden he thinks hes a better GM than mitch. c'mon bruh
laugh.gif
Was that necessary?

We all know the gift and curse that is Kobe Bryant. He's been that way for the majority of his career and it's been more good than bad for the most part. He blew those games against OKC, but also saved us in some vs Denver in the 1st round. We weren't going to win the West yet alone the title with that team last year anyway. Pau has just quit being the big man he was when we were at our best so Bean has seen that and put more of the onus on himself to do everything which most of the times isn't absoutely necessary,but hey who the hell else do you realistically turn to?

Also didn't help that his ****** of a potato-headed coach couldn't draw up a play to save his life, command the respect of a damn ballboy, and played him 40 minutes a game in an condensed season. A lot of those games against OKC he was forcing and just looked out of gas. Too often the Lakers offense was if the big guys can't establish position early and get something easy, pass back to Kobe to try and bail them out with less than 7 seconds on the shot clock. I still think he has 2 elite years left and if Buss and Mitch don't make a splash with Dwight, Josh Smith or hell anybody...ska's right were on the I-5 freeway entrance back to the Cedric Ceballos-NVE era of mediocrity.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

We all know the gift and curse that is Kobe Bryant. He's been that way for the majority of his career and it's been more good than bad for the most part. He blew those games against OKC, but also saved us in some vs Denver in the 1st round. We weren't going to win the West yet alone the title with that team last year anyway. Pau has just quit being the big man he was when we were at our best so Bean has seen that and put more of the onus on himself to do everything which most of the times isn't absoutely necessary,but hey who the hell else do you realistically turn to?

Also didn't help that his ****** of a potato-headed coach couldn't draw up a play to save his life, command the respect of a damn ballboy, and played him 40 minutes a game in an condensed season. A lot of those games against OKC he was forcing and just looked out of gas. Too often the Lakers offense was if the big guys can't establish position early and get something easy, pass back to Kobe to try and bail them out with less than 7 seconds on the shot clock. I still think he has 2 elite years left and if Buss and Mitch don't make a splash with Dwight, Josh Smith or hell anybody...ska's right were on the I-5 freeway entrance back to the Cedric Ceballos-NVE era of mediocrity.

The sad and crazy thing is that person the past 2 years has been Metta the player formerly known as Ron Artest.
I mean go back and think about game 7 in the 2010 Finals. Metta was that dude who kept us in the game for the 3 first quarters while Kobe was throwing up bricks and Gasol was nowhere to be found.

Jim Buss's plan starting this past season was hire a coach that would incorporate and make Bynum more of a focal point and 2nd man to Kobe on this current Laker team.

That's the main reason why Mike Brown was hired. Jim Buss did not consider Brian Shaw or anyone associated to Phil Jackson's triangle offense because he knew they wouldn't focus on using Bynum as the second option and would stick with Kobe & Pau as the 1 & 2 options.

I've said all along this past season that I really HATED how Mike Brown offense was post up and give Bynum the touches down low on the block while just using Pau to shoot 18 to 20 foot elbow jumpers or even worse have him jacking up 3's from the corners. That's another reason why so many NT'ers and Laker fans on other message boards and in public were quick to say Pau just got softer again this season which really is BS.

Nash? Grant Hill? R. Lewis? Jamison? What are we doing! Need to get younger not older 
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by alidinak

What's y'all salary cap looking like, as far as cash available to spend on a PG?

We have full bird rights on Sessions... So likely he will be the starting PG next season.

We can give the mini-MLE.

$8.9mil Trade Player Exception, that we won't use.

Dwight Howard does not want to go to L.A.
Get Over It Laker fans, You can't get everything you want.

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

Dwight Howard does not want to go to L.A.

watch next day howard be holding up a laker jersey 
laugh.gif

feeling change real quick when faced with the media...

and WOW i honestly believe we would have been in the finals had the lakers not traded odom last year... 

Originally Posted by MJGREATXII

All im seeing is to the knicks bro I hope your right

check all his tweets!!! he's a repuatable radio host in Arizona.... talk to me guys I'm nervous!!! any1 else hearing it!!!

In la guys, Marc stein tweeted it too.

Next step is to get rid of steve blake and resign sessions

Back
Top Bottom