New Season Thread Made, Move on Over :)

http://www.hoops-nation.com/update-latest-news-on-dwight-howard/

Update: Latest news on Dwight Howard
Posted on July 20, 2012 by Tony Hoops

Dwight Howard, Kobe BryantJust yesterday, RealGM.com’s Jarrod Rudolph reported that Dwight Howard was “excited” about the opportunity to play for the Los Angeles Lakers. Chris Broussard from ESPN also confirmed the report that Dwight Howard is ready to join Kobe Bryant and the Lakers.

Moments ago, Ric Bucher released an article stating that Dwight Howard’s agent denied any reports of his client being ready to sign an extension with the Lakers, or any other team he is potentially traded to. As expected, this drove the NBA fan-base bonkers.

What most fans do not understand is that Rudolph and other trustable sources made it very clear that Dwight Howard would re-sign with the Lakers at the end of the 2012-13 season, rather than immediately signing a contract extension. Why? Because the new CBA would only allow Dwight Howard to extend his contract for 3 years, $60 million. If he decides to wait until the end of the season and let his contract expire, the Lakers, or any other franchise he is traded to, can use bird rights to offer him a maximum contract, which is over 5 years, $100 million.

According to Rudolph, there is no “flip-flopping” going on with Dwight. He will re-sign at the end of the 2012-13 season, as previously reported. The latest report on Dwight Howard comes from Sam Amico from FOX Sports. According to his sources, the Lakers are “supremely confident” that Dwight Howard will re-sign with the Lakers once he’s there.

(Via Hoops-Nation.com)

^^That's what people are not realizing..

He wants to play here now. But why should the best center in the league take 3year/ $58mil, when 5yr/ $108mil is on the table. Even if he signed an extension, then resigned after that he'd lose around $20mil even with two years after the 3 year extension.

Dwight is not messing with our emotions here.. He's not flip flopping.. This is actually fairly consistent.

^^That's what people are not realizing..
He wants to play here now. But why should the best center in the league take 3year/ $58mil, when 5yr/ $108mil is on the table. Even if he signed an extension, then resigned after that he'd lose around $20mil even with two years after the 3 year extension.
Dwight is not messing with our emotions here.. He's not flip flopping.. This is actually fairly consistent.

after that read that made me relax just a little bit

Meh I'll keep doubt until it actually happens, for now I'll take Bynum for the game winner on the 3 pt line.

Offensively downgrade, defensively and everything else...HUGE upgrade.
Again, you guys are confusing Bynum being more POLISHED and smoother in the post with him actually being better than Dwight offensively.

Especially in this offense, (more uptempo, more pick n rolls AND he has way more weapons around) Dwight is an upgrade. Also have to factor in offensive rebounds and running the floor in transistion, even starting more fast breaks with his defense contributes to the offense.

Bynum is going to go nuts this year looking for that max deal. Or maybe he knows he doesn't need to try that hard because he's gonna get a max deal either way?

Bynum is going to go nuts this year looking for that max deal. Or maybe he knows he doesn't need to try that hard because he's gonna get a max deal either way?

after seeing hibbert and lopez get max deals, he knows that barring injury, he'll get a max deal next offseason

Imagine Artest,Nash, and Dwight in that locker room.
laugh.gif
roll.gif

if you click on the "2322" on this thread it gives you the stats of the thread... Essential has posted more that 3 TIMES than anyone else in this thread. The twitter "news" is driving him crazy :lol:

My goodness some of y'all are senseless......if you knew any better you'd gear that anger towards the Orlando Magic, and not the player himself.....They're holding all the cards, nobody else

if you click on the "2322" on this thread it gives you the stats of the thread... Essential has posted more that 3 TIMES than anyone else in this thread. The twitter "news" is driving him crazy :lol:

2nd place :lol: :pimp: :smh:

Last edited:
My goodness some of y'all are senseless......if you knew any better you'd gear that anger towards the Orlando Magic, and not the player himself.....They're holding all the cards, nobody else

2nd place :lol: :pimp: :smh:

3rd place.:tongue:

Quiet day in the Dwightmare...I see things picking up on Monday.

Back
Top Bottom