New video of the Oscar Grant shooting

It's a shame.

At the same time though, I'm relieved it wasn't another hate crime.

The video shows it was obviously an accident.

I don't see the reason for uprising, UNLESS nothing happens.

I'm glad the fine citizens of Oakland decided the best way to seek justice is to destroy their own city.

Originally Posted by Mo Matik

It's a shame.

The department hasn't made a statement yet, the d.a hasn't pressed charges. the pig is still walking the streets, and oscar grant III isdead. FOREVER.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by SIZE TENS

How does destroying your own neighborhood solve anything?
indeed.

National exposure. How many people in America knew about the Rodney King incident until we rioted back in 92? The riots helped put the pressure on the juryand the prosecutors into convicting those cops in the Federal civil trial.

The protest was supposed to be done in a peaceful manner... but the followers/goons need another excuse to cause havoc on the streets. RIP Oscar andcondolences to the Grant family.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by SIZE TENS

How does destroying your own neighborhood solve anything?
indeed.
im just as dissappointed in my city as everyone else if not more.. but i hope people understand the situation.. theres a lot of unrest/resentmentbuilt up .. police/citizen relations arent exactly the best in oakland and this incident exposed that. the police have lost the peoples confidence becausetheyre dragging their feet in the investigation (the officer still hasnt released a statement) and the people are showing their outrage cause they dont know ordont have any other outlet to express it. its true some people are just trying to start trouble, but the majority of people at that protest were genuinelyangry but still peaceful.

im not condoning the riots, i just hope people see that this is a complex situation and things arent always so clear cut.

It's a shame.

How in the hell do you draw a gun on a handcuffed man and pull a trigger accidentally
indifferent.gif
. First off there was no reason to taser the guy, secondly since when did a taser gun feel like a pistol that you +@%* back and shoot. would you really accept This is an accident if it was one of your family members.

cant completely bash the police either. yeah it was a tragedy that should never occur but oakland cats are animals.

What's so crazy is; Is that they would get away with %+#+ like this without video evidence.

Dude wouldve just scribbled "suspect reached for weapon etc" in his little report and everything wouldve been straight.

They need to fully rehaul/revamp the entire police system and screen all of these *!#*@#.

Originally Posted by proper english

Oakland is a joke.

Nothing like vandalizing family owned property to get back at the "man".

thumbs up!

i agree. even the Grant family did not want this to happen. some people take it too far.

Originally Posted by purplehazze96

Originally Posted by WhUtIzIt

^ i guarantee you the cop gets off with a slap on the wrist....The Town will go on an absolute TIRADE

word up, yall think it's bad now, wait till the mother !!%++@ gets off
smh.gif
frown.gif

sad but true

Do police issued weapons come w/ safety's?

And if so, are they supposed to keep it on safety until they pull it out to shoot?

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by MaxElite

eyes.gif
indifferent.gif
alien.gif
@ anyone trying to defend this cop...

some of you dudes are unbelievable.
exactly. There was no need for any weapon to be drawn. Try and justify it all you want...there was never a reason for a gun to be pulled.

You can see the dude fumble with his holster too....
smh.gif

and I think all law enforcement officers have this thing on the trigger (I forget what it's called) but you basically have to really reallysqueeze the trigger to let off a shot

Originally Posted by dreClark

And if so, are they supposed to keep it on safety until they pull it out to shoot?

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
Does someone have an answer to this? I would also like to know

Originally Posted by JP310

Originally Posted by dreClark

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
Does someone have an answer to this? I would also like to know

Safety switch suppose to be off only when there a threat ...well that how it was in the military....but it should be on at all times

Back
Top Bottom