NFL Regular Season Thread 2019-2020: The Brazen Bahamian Battles Over Eli’s Legacy Til He’s Blue In The Face

Cats forget that the ******** we’re somehow in 1st place for a decent portion last season :lol: :lol:

Well ****.. Giants started off 0-6, cowboys struggled mightily until Cooper came around and forced teams to no longer stack the box, eagles struggled with a returning Wentz who ended up getting hurt again, and the ******** had possibly the best “game managing” QB keeping that team together until he nearly lost his leg lol.

I hate the cowboys just as much as the next but you really have the ********, an organization known for dysfunction, at number 2 in that division??

I dont hate the Cowboys and think they're a sound squad. Just not this year. Disagree all you want...its cool. Just my prediction, man. I got no skin in the game.

Edit: I do think they'll be tough again, because of that defense, but Washington edges them out for 2nd. The offense is going to take a step or 2 back.

Last edited:
I hear that, but even if their offense takes a step back, it’s probably still better than an offense that’s being led by Case Keenum who’s blindside is being protected by a 36 yr old LT who was out of a job a month ago. Oh and then there’s Ereck Flowers.

That could be true...I just know every couple of seasons, Gruden has them guys playing tough and generally under the radar. It's never top in the NFL stuff, but given hes probably on the hot seat, I can see another one of those seasons where they're fighting for the division for a bit, then ultimately, the WC.

All the contract stuff will feed the egos. Once Zeke gets paid, which we dont know when, how will that impact Dak and Coop? Focus will be less football and Washington gonna slide a few past them.

Washington’s biggest problems have been injuries.. and then you factor in the poor ownership

But gruden going be a solid OC some place when he gets fired

U think?

I mean I guess

But I’m assuming andy’s assistant will get a gig this go around.. someone will pay Lincoln Riley an absurd amount too

Yeah...he hasn't been horrible and has sustained the job for a while. I'm sure FOs around the league know how tough that gig is under Snyder. Pat Shurmur got his second chance...Chip Kelly did. There's numerous examples. I just think hes better than them, plus his name might help, idk.

Speaking of Andy's guys, I was always surprised Childress never got another go around...maybe he got offers, but turned down, but as much as I didn't care for him, taking a team to the NFFCG usually gives you a re-up in HC lifespan.

Yeah, it's just a lot. That stuff creates fissures in the locker room. I'd be very impressed if they won the division.

Especially when you have the owner negotiating publicly

Or what if you’re one of the guys who did show up and you’re not being made a priority

:lol:

Idc...I'm just laying it out there. I've seen stuff like this go both ways, but given how **** works in the NFL, I find it hard to completely dismiss. It's not like I'm a huge Dallas hater...I generally like them, so this season, it's simply that I just feel something different will happen. And the Zeke holdout isn't just impacting one position or one player... thats my belief.

Especially when you have the owner negotiating publicly

Or what if you’re one of the guys who did show up and you’re not being made a priority

It's part of the equation for me, definitely. I'm not doubting their overall talent, but things dont work the way people always think they should and they'll be tough based on talent one, but they'll lay some stinkers and if they lose a game here or there that they shouldn't, it could be the difference.

:lol:

Idc...I'm just laying it out there. I've seen stuff like this go both ways, but given how **** works in the NFL, I find it hard to completely dismiss. It's not like I'm a huge Dallas hater...I generally like them, so this season, it's simply that I just feel something different will happen. And the Zeke holdout isn't just impacting one position or one player... thats my belief.

I know it’s just preseason but based on what I’ve seen from both teams the Cowboys defense looks dominant as hell up front especially once they get Quinn back and their offense has looked like a real cohesive unit even without Amari or Zeke. The Skins look like the absolute worst offense in the entire league and their defense is probably about middle of the pack.

More annual salary to make him even or above Gurley and less years is a fine compromise.

:lol: at anyone that thinks Treadwell is as good or even in the same conversation as Doctson. Doctson led his team in receiving yards last year... Treadwell goes 4 games or so without being thrown to.

It's part of the equation for me, definitely. I'm not doubting their overall talent, but things dont work the way people always think they should and they'll be tough based on talent one, but they'll lay some stinkers and if they lose a game here or there that they shouldn't, it could be the difference.

Don’t take much when they’re a top heavy team/roster and 3 key guys still need to get taken care of after zeke

Then let’s say amari doesn’t get paid but zeke and dak do.. doesn’t take much for him to start going to the OC or his position coach if his numbers aren’t right and he might not get the contract he wants

Or Byron Jones is asked to make a move again for the team which could hurt his value at CB

I know it’s just preseason but based on what I’ve seen from both teams the Cowboys defense looks dominant as hell up front especially once they get Quinn back and their offense has looked like a real cohesive unit even without Amari or Zeke. The Skins look like the absolute worst offense in the entire league and their defense is probably about middle of the pack.

Cowboys defensive speed, most notably their LBs, is unreal. I love their defense.

And I'm not saying you're wrong about what you saw of Washington's offense...I guess I believe in Gruden's coaching ability more than most. They will improve as the season progresses. And Guice is a huge wild card.

Dak or Zeke isn’t getting paid

BFECCCF7-F7F9-40CC-89E7-A5D08324CB95.gif

Correction - probably 2 (maybe more) of Dak, Zeke, Cooper, or Byron Jones aren't getting paid.

Back
Top Bottom