NFL Week 4 In Review....

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Deion can't tackle like Chuck though.

“Since 1989, I’ve tackled every bill my momma has given me."
wink.gif

Don't get it twisted, Prime is the greatest but Charles can line up from CB to safety to a OLB. We're talking just straight versatility.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Deion can't tackle like Chuck though.

“Since 1989, I’ve tackled every bill my momma has given me."
wink.gif

Don't get it twisted, Prime is the greatest but Charles can line up from CB to safety to a OLB. We're talking just straight versatility.

I like Woodson, he's a great player and all but as far as versatility within a DB goes which was the original comment I was responding to I'd take Deion over Charles anyday of the week, twice on Sunday.  I'll take the DB that can shut down the opposition from scoring on defense and who can score as well, be it by means of a interception for a touchdown on defense, a touchdown on special teams or a touchdown as a receiver, that's versatility to me.  It's really not about how many things you can do, it's about how many things you can do well.  I hear people say "this person" island this or "this person" island that.  For those individuals it goes like this, water cover 2/3rds of the Earth........Deion Sanders covers the rest.  

roll.gif
DK what you tryna do man? Obviously Deion was a better pure CB than Chuck in terms of coverage and bump and run and all that but relax. No one is saying Chuck is better than Deion anyway.

If you looked at Woods responsibilities in this defense you probably wouldn't even call him a CB. Hes LB/SS/CB all rolled into one.

Deion has 53 career INT's 10 TD's

Wood has 50 career INT's 11 TD's

Deion has 10 Forced Fumbles 1 TD

Wood has 27 Forced Fumbles 1 TD

Deion 492 Tackles

Wood 702 Tackles

Deion 1 sack

Wood 13.5 sacks

Of course nobody's cover skills are on Deions level. But more versatile than Chuck? Argument is there to be made.

Originally Posted by dland24

Has Ronnie Brown given an interview about yesterday yet?
yeah right after the game; the play was a run/pass option which is ******ed to begin with...he didn't have much to say but couldn't even say who he was trying to throw too

Originally Posted by N ll K 3

Settle down and read, DK.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Should have known Prime is his sports equivalent of Hov.
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
Right? No one even is saying they'd want Chuck before Deion.
30t6p3b.gif

Essentially.

You're better off comparing Charles Woodson to Rod Woodson. Makes a lot of sense, with those two being so versatile. Rod was highly effective, but Deion was in a league of his own. Rod was a hell of a tackler (Except for that time Barry Sanders juked him so bad, that Woodson tore his ACL).

^ got me by 1 min

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

roll.gif
DK what you tryna do man? Obviously Deion was a better pure CB than Chuck in terms of coverage and bump and run and all that but relax. No one is saying Chuck is better than Deion anyway.

If you looked at Woods responsibilities in this defense you probably wouldn't even call him a CB. Hes LB/SS/CB all rolled into one.

Deion 492 Tackles

Wood 702 Tackles

Deion 1 sack

Wood 13.5 sacks

Of course nobody's cover skills are on Deions level. But more versatile than Chuck? Argument is there to be made.

rod woodson doesn't get talked about nearly as much as he should be:

In his 17 NFL seasons, Woodson recorded 71 interceptions, 1,483 interception return yards, 32 fumble recoveries (15 offensive and 17 defensive), 137 fumble return yards, 4,894 kickoff return yards, 2,362 punt return yards, and 17 touchdowns (12 interception returns, 1 fumble return, 2 kickoff returns, 2 punt returns).

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

^ got me by 1 min

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

roll.gif

Deion 492 Tackles

Wood 702 Tackles

Deion 1 sack

Wood 13.5 sacks

rod woodson doesn't get talked about nearly as much as he should be:

In his 17 NFL seasons, Woodson recorded 71 interceptions, 1,483 interception return yards, 32 fumble recoveries (15 offensive and 17 defensive), 137 fumble return yards, 4,894 kickoff return yards, 2,362 punt return yards, and 17 touchdowns (12 interception returns, 1 fumble return, 2 kickoff returns, 2 punt returns).
Both played in similar schemes with LeBeau and Capers too.

Who would have thought that Brett Favre's successor could have a realistic shot at being a better Packer than him one day? *zips up flame suit*

I don't think there is a need for a flame suit. What you said is pretty dead on, he's been there a handful of years as the starter, already won a ring, and is a top 3 QB in the league bar none, playing at the top of his game, week in and week out.
If he continues the pace he is on, this isn't far fetched at all.

-Megatron, Fitz, Dre= the new TO, Moss, Harrison
-Like I said last week, the Niners have the best ILB Duo in the league
-Steelers D showing it's age
-Texans should've won by more
-Dez Bryant=Megatron 2.0 in 2 years
-Frank Gore still has it
-smh at all these big name players getting injured

I can see how DC originally thought I was slighting Prime, but that wasn't the intention whatsoever.  Prime is the GOAT and my original favorite football player, hell I worshiped the man.  I wouldn't slight Prime for half a second.

Here's my original point (that I think most have comprehended).

I've never seen another defender do this:

Play boundary corner
Play field corner
Defend the slot
Play safety
Play OLB

And excel at all of them.

I'm not trying to compare him to anyone or say he's better than anyone so stop the Rod Woodson talk.

If you don't have an answer that meets those qualifications don't bring him up.  I'm genuinely interested if anyone has done this before.  Would have been before my time.
nerd.gif

And Rod Wood was that dude.
pimp.gif

I wouldn't have a problem if someone preferred him over Chuck.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Who would have thought that Brett Favre's successor could have a realistic shot at being a better Packer than him one day? *zips up flame suit*

I don't think there is a need for a flame suit. What you said is pretty dead on, he's been there a handful of years as the starter, already won a ring, and is a top 3 QB in the league bar none, playing at the top of his game, week in and week out.
considering favre only won 1 ring (and ppl forget how good that defense was and special teams), considering his exit (bridges being burned in the organization) AND his actions after leaving (going to the vikings)..

if rodgers wins it all this year, will that be enough?

I can see how "DK" originally thought I was slighting Prime, but that wasn't the intention whatsoever. 
No doubt, we're good to go champ, and yes Charles Woodson is a great player and a very versatile DB.  

Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan415

-Megatron, Fitz, Dre= the new TO, Moss, Harrison

-Dez Bryant=Megatron 2.0 in 2 years
chilll son
fitz and andre >>> harrison by far, dont even compare harrison to those other gods you listed

and

the new wave of god receivers is myself, dez, crabtree and julio out there in atl.

My first Packers game I went to, Brett Favre was still in Atlanta.  Don Majikowski was the QB and Tony Manderich was either on the field or strung out on the sidelines...
laugh.gif

I watched Favre for 17 years as my QB.  Loved the dude. Still think hes a top 3 Packer of all time. 

Aaron Rodgers skill set blows Brett Favre away.  Seriously.  Hes so much more accurate, his arm is just as strong, he's faster and lighter on his feet and he gets the ball out of his hands quicker.

Don't even get me started on the decision making... Rodgers is as careful with the rock as they come.  Favre... Well, yall know about Favre. 

Obviously the way that Favre left and the way that Rodgers sat patiently and kept quiet and modest about the entire thing will surely endear him more to Packers fans in the long run and the bitter taste of Favre's exit will linger for a while. 

Aarons already got one SB, and a SB MVP... Could be on his way to a league MVP.

I've got no problem saying in a big game I want Aaron Rodgers over Brett Favre.

Ill take him on Madden too.
sick.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech 6'3" 208lbs. - A redshirt sophomore with more touchdowns than many fifth year seniors at his position, Crabtree is the near unanimous choice for top player in the draft.His route running is already comparable to many NFL receivers. Throughout his brief career in Lubbock, Crabtree was the architect of one of if not the most famous touchdown in Texas Tech history which will forever be etched into the minds of football fans everywhere in victory over the Longhorns. It would take a long futile search through game tape to try and locate a catch where he used anything other than pure hands to make the grab. His attack of the ball is second to none and it is not a stretch to say that he may be the best receiver prospect ever coming out of school especially this young with so much upside potential. Another plus for Crabtree’s resume is his enthusiasm for the no “I

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

considering favre only won 1 ring (and ppl forget how good that defense was and special teams), considering his exit (bridges being burned in the organization) AND his actions after leaving (going to the vikings)..

if rodgers wins it all this year, will that be enough?

No it won't be enough, let's not forget all the records Favre set, with the TD's and YDS etc, he is a staple in Green Bay, but Rodgers is working his way there

Rodgers will be the better quarterback when its said and done but he wont have the stats to show for it cause Favre played for so long.

Back
Top Bottom