Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

I think I'm more surprised that they shipped within minutes of ordering.
laugh.gif
BECAUSE THEY REALLY SOLD YOU LOW TOP CHINESE NEW YEAR JOINTS AND WANTED TO GET RID OF EM 
laugh.gif
 .. IF YOU ACTUALLY GOT BURGUNDY'S THATS DOPE

Just wore mine for the first time out in Vegas at the Summer Sixteen tour this past Sunday. I went TTS and was worried about the fit because when I wore these around the house on release day for 20 minutes they felt a lil tight. But to my surprise after 4 hours of wear they were REALLY comfortable, even with the force fields that I put in.

The funny thing is, literally EVERYBODY, and I mean EVERYBODY, was wearing the banned 1's and the Cement 4's at the show. Everybody in T-Mobile arena had them joints on. I only seen one person wearing the metallic 5's. Really satisfied with this shoe
Exactly why I NEVER wear shoes the year they come out, because everyone is going to wear them immediately.  Oh these shoes just came out, let me wear them out so everyone knows I have them.  I was just looking at an old picture and realized I hadn't worn my Thunder IV's yet when I got them 3 years back.

Exactly why I NEVER wear shoes the year they come out, because everyone is going to wear them immediately.  Oh these shoes just came out, let me wear them out so everyone knows I have them.  I was just looking at an old picture and realized I hadn't worn my Thunder IV's yet when I got them 3 years back.
Would it trip you out that other people thought like you and wore a shoe that you waited to wear the same day you decided to wear them?

My Thunder IV's from three years ago are still DS too, titang545 titang545 . I just know that the midsole is gonna crack miserably, when I decide to bring em out.

Last edited:

Would it trip you out that other people thought like you and wore a shoe that you waited to wear the same day you decided to wear them?
One or two people having the same shoe as I do the day I wear mine is fine, but masses having the shoe on the same day.  Plus I don't rock with just Jordan's like that, the chance of someone having on the Bo Jackson Broken Bats, the unofficial New York Knicks Air Force 1's, Megatron Huarache's on, etc are slim as it is.  Nevermind they are where I am at wearing them the same day.  Headed to Vegas on Tuesday for a week, no way am I taking a pair of J's that came out this year for the trip.  I will take my more obscure Nike's on the trip.

DUUUUUDE!! Please let us know what arrives at your door. These are seriously GRAIL status for me. I've wanted a size 10 since release day. I got the Fire red 5s that released at the same time for Christmas instead of these. Still have those fire reds, but never obtained these.

Oh word, perhaps I will wear them this week while picking up last minute items to see if it happens. 

At least that's what I heard titang545 titang545 . I know when I finally decided to try my BC 4's from 2012 on last year, with a couple of outfits... I got a crack in the medial side of the right shoe, on the black midsole, almost immediately. Both of the heels and medial sides are cracked heavily now. I hope on the next retro they fix that problem. Hopefully, dye the midsoles like they used to, or something.

:lol:, I do the same thing. It's whatever though. Wear them whenever you want.

:lol:, I do the same thing. It's whatever though. Wear them whenever you want.

I have so much in my arsenal, I wait for years to bring my J's out. Hell, I brought out my Black/Peacock Blue Converse Aero Jam's, a few weeks ago. I was getting looks like crazy.

:lol:

It's feels good to stand out from the crowd, sometimes. Well, all the time really. Everybody I seen that day had on the Master 12's, and White & Gold 5's. I'm glad I passed on both of those releases. The Gold 5's are the best retro+ colorway JB has released in years, though. IMHO.

Me personally, I'm past the "snapping necks" phase. I've done it, it's cool but it does nothing for me. If that's your thing then cool. I mainly do it because I don't want to quickly ruin a shoe then would want another pair, then wind up paying an arm and a leg in the aftermarket (which I strongly oppose in general), or wait until the shoe is released again and pay the markup price. In some cases, it's unavoidable though sadly.

Me personally, I'm past the "snapping necks" phase. I've done it, it's cool but it does nothing for me. If that's your thing then cool. I mainly do it because I don't want to quickly ruin a shoe then would want another pair, then wind up paying an arm and a leg in the aftermarket (which I strongly oppose in general), or wait until the shoe is released again and pay the markup price. In some cases, it's unavoidable though sadly.
Concur, giving yourself options it feels great.  The funny thing is you still "snap necks" when you just sit on the shoes for a few years.

Concur, giving yourself options it feels great.  The funny thing is you still "snap necks" when you just sit on the shoes for a few years.

Options are always great. Sometimes I forget I have stuff until I go looking for a particular pair and run into another. I also maintain each pair and clean them after each wear as much as I can, it preserves the shoe better than most would think and it's simple. What's funny is people usually tend to notice the simpler cws of a shoe and not the gimmick/hyped stuff.

All this being said, I still haven't gotten a pair of Metallics :lol:. I originally said no to them, but they have been looking good on the people I've seen have them on. My 07's need a little refreshing and are wearable still but a fresh pair wouldn't hurt. The resale prices are pretty much retail for some pairs too right now.

Last edited:

Same here really, beh235 beh235 . That's why I usually double up on the releases now. I have two pair of WC 4's, and BM 5's. I'm waiting until the fall, to bring my 4's out. The same with my 5's, too. However, I might wait I little longer with them. I still have a pair of the 2011's, also.

Last edited:

Options are always great. Sometimes I forget I have stuff until I go looking for a particular pair and run into another. I also maintain each pair and clean them after each wear as much as I can, it preserves the shoe better than most would think and it's simple. What's funny is people usually tend to notice the simpler cws of a shoe and not the gimmick/hyped stuff.

All this being said, I still haven't gotten a pair of Metallics
laugh.gif
. I originally said no to them, but they have been looking good on the people I've seen have them on. My 07's need a little refreshing and are wearable still but a fresh pair wouldn't hurt. The resale prices are pretty much retail for some pairs too right now.
I don't have a pair either, however if they drop to $190 I will pick up a pair.  Have you thought of putting pictures of the shoes on the outside of the box or container.

I don't have a pair either, however if they drop to $190 I will pick up a pair.  Have you thought of putting pictures of the shoes on the outside of the box or container.

I've thought about it, but I usually remember the area place mine in. However I do forget copping some pairs. I totally forgot I copped the Oreo 5's, they're still DS also.

Last edited:
^ Nah lol. I don't do the picture thing. I like to read the box and the actual shoe name and colorway that's on the box. I can't add all the new little things people have added over the years as shoes have become even more popular. The shoes that I do have with pictures on the outside of the box, I have bought from other people and that's how the pair came, I just wound up keeping the pics on those. As funny as it sounds, the pics kinda ruin the moment when you open the box and see the shoe. I like seeing the shoe after I open the box top, even if I've seen it a million times. If this makes any sense at all. Now I sound crazy :lol:.

^ Nah lol. I don't do the picture thing. I like to read the box and the actual shoe name and colorway that's on the box. I can't add all the new little things people have added over the years as shoes have become even more popular. The shoes that I do have with pictures on the outside of the box, I have bought from other people and that's how the pair came, I just wound up keeping the pics on those. As funny as it sounds, the pics kinda ruin the moment when you open the box and see the shoe. I like seeing the shoe after I open the box top, even if I've seen it a million times. If this makes any sense at all. Now I sound crazy :lol:.

Your not crazy, I feel you 100% percent beh235 beh235 . It's just an certain kinda feeling you get when you open the box. Kinda like when you were a kid, and you opened the package of a new toy. The only pair I have with a picture of the shoe, is a pair of The Air Trainer SC II's. I ordered them off of Ebay, and I guess the seller put it on the box. It was the "Citron" OG colorway.

Last edited:

I know when I finally decided to try my BC 4's from 2012 on last year, with a couple of outfits... I got a crack in the medial side of the right shoe, on the black midsole, almost immediately. Both of the heels and medial sides are cracked heavily now.

How rough are you on your kicks? The only IVs I have that have a lot of paint cracking are the Militaries, Mars Fire Reds, and Laser Fire Reds...from 2005. Granted, I don't wear any of my more recent IVs a LOT, per se, but still, they're not cracking. Yet, anyway.

Other than that, I think it's silly that some dudes worry as hard as they do about exclusivity. WHO CARES if someone else has the same shoe as you??? I waited and budgeted a good 8 months to buy the black/metallics, and 16 years beyond that for JB to get the shoe right again, I'm damn sure going to enjoy them from now until well beyond NT Elementary School Playground Busted status. Sometimes you guys sound like if J-Lo and Angelina Jolie wore the same damn dress to the Oscars and then started *****ing at each other about it.

WEAR YOUR SHOES.

Or wait 5 years and then worry about them crumbling. Which I also don't understand, because I routinely wear shoes that are 15 plus years old and they're still tanks. I have Jordan Is, IVs, XIs, OG XIIs, OG XIIIs, and OG XIVs that go in and out of my rotation at 15-20 years of age. I wouldn't worry too much about a 3-5 year old shoe.

Point is, enjoy your shoes in the moment. Tomorrow is never promised.

I think it depends on your storage of the shoe. I have to re-glue my college blue XVII's but my Colombia Xi's aren't separating, which is odd. Idk, in my cases separation is unpredictable.

Back
Top Bottom