Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

How rough are you on your kicks? The only IVs I have that have a lot of paint cracking are the Militaries, Mars Fire Reds, and Laser Fire Reds...from 2005. Granted, I don't wear any of my more recent IVs a LOT, per se, but still, they're not cracking. Yet, anyway.

Other than that, I think it's silly that some dudes worry as hard as they do about exclusivity. WHO CARES if someone else has the same shoe as you??? I waited and budgeted a good 8 months to buy the black/metallics, and 16 years beyond that for JB to get the shoe right again, I'm damn sure going to enjoy them from now until well beyond NT Elementary School Playground Busted status. Sometimes you guys sound like if J-Lo and Angelina Jolie wore the same damn dress to the Oscars and then started *****ing at each other about it.

WEAR YOUR SHOES.

Or wait 5 years and then worry about them crumbling. Which I also don't understand, because I routinely wear shoes that are 15 plus years old and they're still tanks. I have Jordan Is, IVs, XIs, OG XIIs, OG XIIIs, and OG XIVs that go in and out of my rotation at 15-20 years of age. I wouldn't worry too much about a 3-5 year old shoe.

Point is, enjoy your shoes in the moment. Tomorrow is never promised.

Damn, why the shade fam? I feel you pain pain , but the 2012 Black/Cement 4's are notoriously now for paint chipping, and cracking. I don't even care really, I was just saying. They're in my rotation heavy now, anyways. I have the 99's retros now, so I could care less.

Last edited:
Also, I've never had a shoe separate on me. I still have a pair of Air Trainer Huarache's that came out in 2004, and a piece of the midsole came off like two years ago. I've had those since 2007 though, and wore them heavily. So it could just be how some soles are made. I usually take extra good care of my shoes, too. Until, I decide to make em beaters. Then all bets are off.

:lol:

I have a pair of '94 retro 1's that I bought a few weeks after they dropped. I've taken care of them, but basically worn them non-stop for 22 years yet they are still tanks - zero issues

I have a pair of '94 retro 1's that I bought a few weeks after they dropped. I've taken care of them, but basically worn them non-stop for 22 years yet they are still tanks - zero issues

I have some Dunks I've had for 15 years that I've worn several times, zero issues. Also, some Black/Royal 1's from I've had for 14 years, same thing. Bottom line is, I wear my shoes when I feel like it. Not because any one else has them. Honestly, I could give less than a damn. Even if I came off sounding like I did. Hell, in a small town like Cincinnati, you're bound to see several people with the same damn shoes on anyways.

It's been proven that AJ1's are a different case though.

Damn, why the shade fam?

Not throwing shade at you personally, just at this concept of exclusivity and how seriously some people take it. Breaking necks ain't everything. All it is is an ego rub, and that's just not important to me. I think once a person gets a few years on them, and especially when they finally do have kids, it tends to change a perspective entirely.

That all being said, for one, I haven't seen the black/metallics on a whole lot of feet, at least not the amount I'd expect for a mass GR. For two, just being out and about at the malls, I've gotten more compliments on these obviously non-exclusive, grossly mass produced black/metallics and my Raiders hat than any other shoe or piece of apparel I've worn in the past 5 years. Again, not that I was going for that, it just shows my point that exclusivity isn't everything.

An all time classic grail level shoe will still be an all time classic grail level shoe whether 100 people are wearing it or 1,000,000 people are wearing it.

Last edited:
Not throwing shade at you personally, just at this concept of exclusivity and how seriously some people take it. Breaking necks ain't everything. All it is is an ego rub, and that's just not important to me. I think once a person gets a few years on them, and especially when they finally do have kids, it tends to change a perspective entirely.

That all being said, for one, I haven't seen the black/metallics on a whole lot of feet, at least not the amount I'd expect for a mass GR. For two, just being out and about at the malls, I've gotten more compliments on these obviously non-exclusive, grossly mass produced black/metallics and my Raiders hat than any other shoe or piece of apparel I've worn in the past 5 years. Again, not that I was going for that, it just shows my point that exclusivity isn't everything.

I don't care about exclusivity either pain pain . Hell, most of the time, I'm not trying to add attention to myself. :lol: It's just kinda annoying seeing someone with the same shoes , on every corner & block, and the mall. I haven't seen people wearing the Metallic's that much either. Actually, I've only seen two people wearing them, since they released. It's mostly Retro+ colorways around here.

I always wear my shoes. Most of the time, I wait for a certain time to bring them out. It might be day I get them, or a few years from now. Eventually, they all get worn.

Was gonna sit this out but caved and got the last uk11 from size! Defo skipping true blue 3s now

You'll be very happy with this pick up. They did this one right. They botched the True Blue 3's anyway so you won't be missing anything. These V's are the real deal. :nthat:

My goodness, we have people here planning on what season and what time of year they are going to unveil their mass-produced shoes to the world...in hopes of breaking necks!!! But then they are annoyed when they see other people wearing said mass produced shoe??!?

Last edited:
So I'm on my way out of SoCal and back up to Oakland to go to the Raiders home opener, and guess what I'm wearing with my Bo Jackson M&N? I predict that after just ONE visit stepping through the rivers of piss that flow from the Coliseum men's rooms, these will likely SURPASS the coveted and legendary NT Elementary School Playground Busted status.

BTW my girl's driving, for those of you wondering if I'm recklessly taking feet pics while driving. LOL.

View media item 2168946

Originally Posted by beedee  ​
My goodness, we have people here planning on what season and what time of year they are going to unveil their mass-produced shoes to the world...in hopes of breaking necks!!! But then they are annoyed when they see other people wearing said mass produced shoe??!?​
 ​
 ​
My goodness, we have a grown man worrying about what another man does with his shoes & his money? Tryna clown him, and throw shade, for if he had read his statement... He would've realized that wasn't what he was talkin' even about. I swear, some of you never seem to amaze me on this forum. 
mean.gif
Oh, and if you're goin' to sneak diss me, use my name next time.

Last edited:
So I'm on my way out of SoCal and back up to Oakland to go to the Raiders home opener, and guess what I'm wearing with my Bo Jackson M&N? I predict that after just ONE visit stepping through the rivers of piss that flow from the Coliseum men's rooms, these will likely SURPASS the coveted and legendary NT Elementary School Playground Busted status.

BTW my girl's driving, for those of you wondering if I'm recklessly taking feet pics while driving. LOL.

View media item 2168946

Man, I'm feeling those chunk cookies and rice crispie squares. Nice kicks too. [emoji]127850[/emoji][emoji]127850[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji]

Man, I'm feeling those chunk cookies and rice crispie squares. Nice kicks too. [emoji]127850[/emoji][emoji]127850[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji]

Oh I tore up the cookies on the depressing ride home that lasted until 3AM. Someone just said something about false advertising, well the Raiders said they had a defense, now THAT'S false advertising. LOL. My Vs didn't come out of the weekend too bad though. I wore them 3 days straight literally morning till night every day. Didn't see even one other person either at the game or out and about in the Bay Area wearing them (I did see a guy at dinner Saturday wearing some Red Octobers though). My Vs are still comfy as hell. The more I wear them, the more comfortable they seem to get. And I didn't stop in the Coliseum men's rooms once, I'm sure that helped their condition. LOL.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom