Nike Air Trainer Huarache - OG colorway returns! 2011

Originally Posted by JorPun662

Originally Posted by blackredxiiigoat

I'm not one to complain about quality on NT but my Lord the toebox on the 2011 looks horrible compared to the '01s....the material and the cut of the box near the laces. Damn that's bad....

If I get these on heavy discount I may cop (I still hold the shoe itself in high regard), but definitely a no go on this retro at retail.
I don't know why most of you folks think these shoes are going to stick around until they go on sale. These are all gone in most major cities.

Originally Posted by ptngina

Wally, you mean rub baby oil on the scuff?

that's what I'm thinking. In the team air trainer thread, I had what I thought was a scuff on a 2002 at1 (which appears to have the same sort of material as the 2001 huaraches), but it turned out that the material is just wanting to crack in that particular area (crease flex point). Now it seems like I can poke my finger through if I wanted.

It's hard to tell from the scuff on yours if its just truly cosmetic or if its starting to crack through. Still a heck of a deal even if its cracking and flaking. I know baby oil in the past has been recommended by those who have flaking og jordan 8s or 7s. Just something to think about.

^^^I have a 1 year old so pretty sure we have baby oil at home..ahhah..Thanks for the advice.

Originally Posted by JorPun662

blackredxiiigoat wrote:

I'm not one to complain about quality on NT but my Lord the toebox on the 2011 looks horrible compared to the '01s....the material and the cut of the box near the laces. Damn that's bad....

If I get these on heavy discount I may cop (I still hold the shoe itself in high regard), but definitely a no go on this retro at retail.
I don't know why most of you folks think these shoes are going to stick around until they go on sale. These are all gone in most major cities.

It probably depends on where you live. These are in stores here.

A lot of people were predicting sell out status for the Air Trainer Max, and they went on sale and on to outlets.

pimp.gif
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh after 25 years I finally got my shipment from Eastbay, these looooook GREATTTT!!! I love em soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much, it was worth the wait!!! FIYAHHHHH
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

396242312.jpg

396242313.jpg

396242314.jpg

396242326.jpg

Are these still around in your area? I'm mad I slept hard on these and am wanting to cop now! Any SoCal SD heads in here???

I cant believe these were actually made in Indonesia. Everything Ive seen lately has come out of China. lol

Here are the pictures of the 2001 I scooped up for $68. These were hardly worn. Still looks clean with only the minor scuff mark.

Here are a few comparison pictures. 2001 VS 2011. Some difference stuff. Obviously the shade of gray and material as being the main difference.

Strap a lil higher on the 01.

Nike Air different.

White part underneath the strap are different material and different length. 01 shoes more white in the front and less in the back compared to the 2011

The corners are different too. 01 shows more black compared to 2011.

01 is a tad bit higher than the 2011

01 white. 2011 black

Soles are same.

I love comparison photos. Really nice job capturing the different elements from each.

Some OG photos to compare alongside too:
http://corgishoe.wordpres...he-blk-co-blk-wht-sz-12/

-It seems like the corners where the 01 shows more of the black is "WRONG" or should I say, the 2011s seem closer to the originals
-The back shot shows a minimal height difference. It seems that the 2001s are too high. aka the 2011s are finally on track to being at the original level

On the contrary, Midfoot strap is a solid inch off from where it should be located. Look at the teeth grooves on the outer part of the midsole. The originals have the 2001 midfoot strap location.
(You mention the white part under the strap that shows too much white. But I believe the height and location of those parts is fine. The problem is the entire strap being a full inch away from being in the actual midfoot of the shoe. It's almost at toe level.)

-OG pair Nike symbol on the back matches up with the 2001s.
-Overall material usage seems more accurate in look and apperance with the 2011s compared to the originals. Craftsmanship may be another issue

Overall, a couple of catch 22s where one has better elements than the other, but at this point in time, you take what you can get. Thanks for those photos

I think I'm going to end up painting that middle part of the inside midsole 'white' like the 2001 retros & OG's. I think it looks much better this way. It should be easy enough to do if I find the right kind of paint.

Originally Posted by KidCloudKicker

I think I'm going to end up painting that middle part of the inside midsole 'white' like the 2001 retros & OG's.
Just gets dirty and yellow... And there is NO way to clean it back to original form.  Just gotta keep repainting.

That's usually the very first part -- next to the bottom of the soles that hit the ground, lol -- that get's "dingy" and keeps the shoe looking tacky...

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

I love comparison photos. Really nice job capturing the different elements from each.

Some OG photos to compare alongside too:
http://corgishoe.wordpres...he-blk-co-blk-wht-sz-12/

-It seems like the corners where the 01 shows more of the black is "WRONG" or should I say, the 2011s seem closer to the originals
-The back shot shows a minimal height difference. It seems that the 2001s are too high. aka the 2011s are finally on track to being at the original level

On the contrary, Midfoot strap is a solid inch off from where it should be located. Look at the teeth grooves on the outer part of the midsole. The originals have the 2001 midfoot strap location.
(You mention the white part under the strap that shows too much white. But I believe the height and location of those parts is fine. The problem is the entire strap being a full inch away from being in the actual midfoot of the shoe. It's almost at toe level.)

-OG pair Nike symbol on the back matches up with the 2001s.
-Overall material usage seems more accurate in look and apperance with the 2011s compared to the originals. Craftsmanship may be another issue

Overall, a couple of catch 22s where one has better elements than the other, but at this point in time, you take what you can get. Thanks for those photos

Mids on the OG and 01 are different as well. Just noticed it.
http://corgishoe.files.wo...om/2011/03/shoes-517.jpg

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

I think I'm going to end up painting that middle part of the inside midsole 'white' like the 2001 retros & OG's.
Just gets dirty and yellow... And there is NO way to clean it back to original form.  Just gotta keep repainting.

That's usually the very first part -- next to the bottom of the soles that hit the ground, lol -- that get's "dingy" and keeps the shoe looking tacky...

Thanks for the tip, but I prefer the white/black midsole. I had the 01's and up until the day I sold my pair they never looked dingy. I also doubled up and plus I keep my shoes pretty near DS status so that shouldnt be a problem 
wink.gif

For those of you who have and wear both, are you of the impression that the OG AT Huarache or any of the retros of the AT Huarache are as comfortable as the new 2010 version?

I understand holding the older model up in terms of the roots and originality of the design, but I think the new huarache trainer is quite possibly one of the most comfortable casual wears around these days or even in recent years.

I know Wally and some of you "elitists"
tongue.gif
may take issue with the lack of materials and inner "tech" with regards to insoles/outsoles, etc... on the new model, but after wearing some retros last summer for a majority of my little league coaching stint, and wearing the new model this year, it really isn't even close.

Maybe its just me, but feel free to weigh in, and as always, thanks to all those for making this thread informative and helpful.

I saw those gray/blue/black ..smh ..damn..they look like trash. That color blocking is garbage and so is the leather toe area lol.

82373499e.jpg

Dipped into Champs after a meeting and these just hit stores.  Didn't get a chance to really check em out (wasn't really interested either) but the UPC should be 8848027764445; I was a bit in a rush so I think I added an extra 4 at the end but just call your local stores if you have to have em.  Usually when a shoe first hits the shelves it's a few days before the systems let you stock locate.

Nobody is going to stock locate those until they hit outlets, if that.

Those are horrible and boring. If I wanted a black/red butchered kick, I'd get the Air Trainer II's first.

I saw those gray/blue/black ..smh ..damn..they look like trash. That color blocking is garbage and so is the leather toe area lol.

Yeah, the international release looks a lot better.

Am I the only one who thinks they look higher than they should be?

i wish they rereleased the grey n black huaraches i had in high school....those were tha **!%!

Back
Top Bottom