Nike Basketball (any brand) Rotation/Performance Reviews

Beastly on court

E9C78738-AE4B-4316-B220-DD7490BA1025.jpeg

Wilson Solution is the best Ball right now.

I’m just interested to see if the Evo NXT is actually an improvement over the trash Evo.

How can you say the Evo is trash man? :lol::smh:

I like the Solution too, but once the gloss wears off, it looks like an outdoor ball. And nobody wants to play with it lol.

The Evo NXT is trash man. It's basically the Solution without the gloss and it feels lighter. Save your money.

I'm from NYC outdoor basketball is life, cats will work people in timbs with that old man strength. Getting buckets and rebounds low in the post, Don't get it twisted.
Outdoor > indoor

Indoor is a toss up if the court is a MARIO Ice level or not. Outdoors you know you’re getting traction even with the worst shoes possible. A slip will hurt more than playing on concrete

Your soles will get chewed up outdoors though. Also have to have young legs or joints will be barking the next day lol. I haven’t played outdoors in years but my local gym is close and the floor stays clean.

How can you say the Evo is trash man? :lol::smh:

I like the Solution too, but once the gloss wears off, it looks like an outdoor ball. And nobody wants to play with it lol.

The Evo NXT is trash man. It's basically the Solution without the gloss and it feels lighter. Save your money.

It’s garbage.

The bounce of that ball is inconsistent. Sometimes it just dies mid-dribble , it’s not as good at controlling moisture compared to the solution as well.

I don’t care what the ball looks like. It can be fluorescent pink but if it performs, I love it.

You are correct that people prefer the Evo. People also enjoy Corona and Natty Light beer. I can’t help those people. Lol!

That does not make it a better ball though. There’s a reason that the Evo is not the official NCAA ball and the solution is.

Hell, the Evo is slowly getting replaced at the official high school ball across the country.

And I will be purchasing the Evo NXT without a doubt.

I’ll take Schwollo’s word for it that it’s a great ball. He’s spot on almost all of the time in his reviews.

I never really considered getting any Kyries due to the lack of cushion.

Then I saw the Mamba mentality 4’s for a steal on the hash wall and figured I’d give them a go.

Man those are fun to play in!! Definitely added to the rotation!

42FA2908-AA66-428D-ABF7-3B86FEF6BA48.jpeg

Wasn't much of a Kyrie guy either when it came to hoopin because they didn't have much cushion at all. The 4s don't either but they are a great all around shoe. They don't jump out and do anything ground breaking but it's a solid shoe, gets the job done. I have that same colorway and it stays at the top of the rotation!!!

Got these in yesterday from the NDC flash sale $66 shipped. They’re nice on court! Didn’t hurt that I got really hot and we ran the court :tongue:

Support is amazing. Nice bounce, solid traction, really nice fit. Definitely going to stay in the rotation. I call them my Easter joints. If you prefer a minimalist feel these aren’t for you but I think these would be good for all body types/ playing styles. Really solid shoe. KD12 still top dog for me but these are up there and they should only get better with more they break in time.
96A443CC-BF8E-412A-A58F-0199F68EC966.jpeg
Looking forward to more post from everyone. Love this thread :nthat:

Whats up, fellow hoopers! This is my favorite thread on NT.

I believe I am the first in this thread to bring these up, but I copped a pair of the Hyperdunk X a few weeks ago for $47 from a clearance outlet. From an aesthetic perspective, these couldn't be more boring imho. I rocked the 2016 and 2017 models, and those they were so different from a cushioning/break-in/performance standpoint. But after several indoor and outdoor hoops sessions I have been thoroughly impressed with how these are working out. I am big on court feel and traction, but now that I am officially in my late 30’s; cushioning setup becomes more important. The forefoot and heel zoom set up is done so well in these, and i feel like it is the perfect mix of what is great about the previous two Hyperdunk models.

C3EA3A67-E6D5-4874-9A52-655ACC954DEE.jpeg
B0AFAF94-4A7D-4794-AC3F-4B48FED2D868.jpeg
Agreed about the Hyperdunk X.l!! Saw them on sale at the outlet for the same price wonder if they get any lower lol

Love that this thread is still going strong!!! Love the pics and the feedback. I wanted to know....for those that have a solid rotation or a go to pair that they have been hoopin in, what shoe/upcoming shoe is on your radar?? For me it is the KD 12, Kobe 4 protro, Kobe 1 protro and wouldn't mind another pair of KD 9. I've got a solid rotation going already so I don't think I need another pair, key word being think. haha

Seen a new spalding ball too called the precision

Picked one up on Prime Day to give it a shot. Initial impressions for me is that the lettering is slippery but will probably get better as the ball breaks in. I am also tired of playing with the Evo ball and wanted to try something else out.

Anyone else looking forward to the Alphadunk? https://weartesters.com/a-brief-preview-of-the-nike-alphadunk/

I love the KD12's and will probably stock up but im always on the hunt for my next favorite pair of shoes.

These are definitely on my radar.

I only like hooping outdoors during the summer/fall during that magic window right before the sun starts setting. A different feel of the game, definitely more taxing on the body but still fun. indoor is life for me at this point though.

Love that this thread is still going strong!!! Love the pics and the feedback. I wanted to know....for those that have a solid rotation or a go to pair that they have been hoopin in, what shoe/upcoming shoe is on your radar?? For me it is the KD 12, Kobe 4 protro, Kobe 1 protro and wouldn't mind another pair of KD 9. I've got a solid rotation going already so I don't think I need another pair, key word being think. haha

Just those alphadunks. I doubled up on the Dame 5s and whynot0.1s. I can not stop playing in the Dame 5s. hahah.

Agreed!

This thread is nothing without pics though! Keep the pics coming!

On my radar:

Kawhi’s- I’m upset at how New balance handled the first two drops but I’m definitely picking up a pair whenever they finally drop

KD12- I’ve just been waiting on the right color to drop so I’ll be picking up the cements tomorrow

Lebron 17’s

Kobe 4’s- I got the Carpe diems but I want at least two more pairs on discount. They’re that good even without the full length zoom.

I’m really debating between the Greek freek 1 and Kyrie Low 2 (once more interesting colorways) come out.

So far I’m leaning towards Kyrie Low 2. Zoom in both heel and forefoot at that price :nerd: plus I like nub traction.

Once more colorways drop I’ll pick up a pair. Maybe even on discount. As far as Greek freaks, I think I’m gonna pass for now

Anybody enjoy balling in the Pg3’s? Thinking about picking up my first pair since most reviews tend to have high praise on them.
They seem to remind me of the WNZ2 in terms of performance.

My current rotation this summer:
Kobe 4 Protro
Kobe AD Exodus
Harden Vol.3

Back
Top Bottom