Nike Kyrie 5

I feel all star jersey and shoe themes been trash. Same with Christmas which is why they’ve eliminated Christmas kicks. Last decent all star theme was area 72, that followed the great galaxy theme years ago
Man why do people disrespect the Gumbo pack? That was the 2nd best behind the galaxy pack. The 2015 New York one was decent. Toronto 2016 was trash. The ID options were 100x better though

agreed. the jerseys seem lazy, and I thought Adidas’ nascar theme was kind of cool, coinciding with Daytona.
The Nike PE's for the all stars have some different designs that went unexplained

Nah New Orleans theme worked just as much as both Galaxy themes, this was a perfect chance to do a nascar theme with Daytona 500 going on right now, no way Nike/JB didn't see that, but the same old black vs white jersey's is garbo, lets see if they do better next yr in Chi
The Air max 720's were the only ones that did a racing theme, so Nike definitely wasn't oblivious to it.

For some reason, Nike chose not to do anything instead..

It's really amazing that they can blatantly lie to the customer or even allude to the notion that we as the consumer are receiving "What the Athletes Wear" and this is even true with some of the merchandise if we want to go full scale. How as a company can you give 2 different products when it should be the same for everyone. Again i'm not talking about colorways here, we're talking about a performance shoe that has almost half of the technology missing and it's being given to the consumer.

If I can be slightly dramatic about it that would be like a car company taking out the airbags in a car because your not racing competitively so your less likely to need it.

athletes versions are made to last 1-2 games and be broken in... imagine if they were released to retail...

So I’ve finally seen all the 5s In person...is it me or some of the colourways look cheap in the colour way design..? The 4 colourways that don’t look cheap in person is the Ikhet..rokit..black magic...just do it.

The cny pair didn’t look as gd in the quality of the design which Is disappointing because I really liked em in pics before I saw em in person..

In short I was alittle disappointed as I like the kyrie 5..the only pair I have is the ikhet pair which is yet to be used and worn...
I do agree that based on hoopers I know who have 2 3 pairs have said that traction wise these are a step back from the 4s...
But I’ve heard the ikhet pair so far has been the only pair with more positive responses than negative...then it’s been 50 50 with the black magic and just do it pair...

I still believe that they only made the 5s for a proper clean hardwood floor...anything else won’t let these perform properly which sucks.

I’m interested to hear how the rokits perform

F560C5F8-C2FF-49C9-A81A-65D7C6AA0FD4.jpeg
He gets a PE version.

Man why do people disrespect the Gumbo pack? That was the 2nd best behind the galaxy pack. The 2015 New York one was decent. Toronto 2016 was trash. The ID options were 100x better though

The Nike PE's for the all stars have some different designs that went unexplained
The area 72 and galaxy themes all came out same time at 2012..but i agree it was the last and best Nike theme for hoopin..and yes the gumbo collection was the 2nd best...

But the issues are simple...they being the brands don’t care as well as lack of innovation creativity and care and passion..and then...the consumer...masses wise of course lol there’s a few of us who actually buy what we like even if it’s not popular or hyped..and for myself I’ll only buy if the quality is decent and like them in person because there’s tons of kicks I really liked and then saw em in person and was disappointed big time

I never brought it up because I never wanted them...but the retail version is clear. It looks like some kind of plastic...wouldn't that just get torn up reeeeally fast by the laces/flywire?

Ye I was sayin..lol the consumers simply continue to buy the products Instead of demanding as a whole a better product...but only if it’s done as a masses..not by few individuals ...

And also...I’ve known since around 2000s that all shoes for athletes are altered...reminds me of how if u go to Germany and get a Benz from the factory..the amount of extras that u can get to be added before it even Leaves the factory..so the basic one u get in a regular show room..yes u can get some add ons...but not compared to actually goin to the factory In the country lol shame we can’t do the same with performance shoes...

So for example a lot of Jordan’s shoes had more cushioning or shank plate or something to make it way better than the basic release.

Jordan’s shoes in the 90s I mean lol

So nothing new now that even if it’s a retail pair...it’s Gona be kitted up lol altered..

From Jordan’s to kyries Lebrons Kobe’s and list goes on

athletes versions are made to last 1-2 games and be broken in... imagine if they were released to retail...
It’s sad because yes I agree we are supposed to get what they are wearing...

But back to reality lol we won’t EVER get exactly what they have on...NEVER LOL...and that has and won’t ever change...
Now the consumer as a whole is naive gullible so brands will forever and continue to treat the consumer this way...but there’s a small % of us who see through it all..but it is sad that we should be gettin what we are payin for especially when they cost less than £/$5 to make

This is what Kyrie does. Hes the king of PEs. The masses are getting the same exact shoe Lebron/KD/PG/Russ are getting.

And he’s now changed to the practical pair which should of been the All-Star shoe and maybe Nike’s theme

Back
Top Bottom