Nike Kyrie 7

Tried these on today. First impressions:

— Less bulky than the 5s and 6s, super light
— Court feel is amazing, very very low to the ground
— Zoom turbo feels less prominent than the 5s and 6s, yet it's still there
— Traction could be a hit or miss. It wasn't inspiring (hard to tell in a retail store)
— Toebox is narrow and I have narrow feet (go up 0.5 a size)
— The 4x fingers on the toebox, stick up no matter how tight you tie your laces (a bit of an eyesore)
— Upper is minimal, very minimal, but lockdown seems adequate
— Ankle area is snug, the padded collar is a nice touch

I think these will be the best Kyrie to date in terms of overall performance. Definitely an evolution vs a revolution. They're heading in the right direction.

If you're a shifty guard, these will be perfect for you. Great balance of court feel and lockdown.

Just trying to decide if I should cop the Bruce Lee's or a pair of the 7s... smh first world problems.

thanks for the mini review. Hopefully the traction is good. i'm interested in picking up a pair but if the traction is a no go, the whole shoe falls apart for me.

If you're a shifty guard, these will be perfect for you. Great balance of court feel and lockdown.

👀

Just trying to decide if I should cop the Bruce Lee's or a pair of the 7s... smh first world problems.

The narrowness is killing me. I can't go up half a size, can only go up a full size. So as intriguing as this sounds, I gotta pass. Also I'm not a fan of how much ankle coverage there is. I wish it was a little lower, but really this is standard Kyrie shoe height. Anyway, I'd suggest a pair of the 7s, since you can actually count on getting those. The Bruce Lee joints are gonna be a crapshoot. I'm going for some, but I have no delusions about the L I'll be taking.

Screenshot_2020-11-22-22-20-26-1.png
Screenshot_2020-11-22-22-20-44-1.png

Some Knicks action. Will they ever be good?

Was able to try these on today,

— Less bulky than the 5s and 6s, super light
— Court feel is amazing, very very low to the ground
— Zoom turbo feels less prominent than the 5s and 6s, yet it's still there
— Traction could be a hit or miss. It wasn't inspiring (hard to tell in a retail store)
— The 4x fingers on the toebox, stick up no matter how tight you tie your laces (a bit of an eyesore)
— Upper is minimal, very minimal, but lockdown seems adequate

I think these will be the best Kyrie to date in terms of overall performance. Definitely an evolution vs a revolution. They're heading in the right direction.

Tried these on myself this morning and I agree with most of this. I'd say it reminds me of a better fitting, more padded Kyrie 5...with a fit that's a little more similar to the 6. Basically taking the best thing about each of those models and putting them into the 7.

I like them, but they felt close enough to the previous models where I don't feel like I need them right now

I like them, but they felt close enough to the previous models where I don't feel like I need them right now
Kind of how I felt just looking at pictures.

Part of me appreciates the consistency. It creates consumer confidence in the line like Kobe had in the 4-6. You know what to expect.

But I also like new experiences. Looking at this shoe and specs and i can imagine how it'll play. Which doesn't generate a ton of excitement as a 5 and 6 owner.

I hooped in these indoor for a couple hours... I haven’t hooped in any recent Kyrie models (since the 2) so I can’t compare. My quick thoughts are I think I’ll be making these my go to’s. Traction was very good out the box, not quite a 10 but a solid 9. Maybe theyll get better once broken in more. Cushioning felt great, no complaints there. I felt lockdown was pretty good as well. I think y’all will enjoy these. I suck at giving reviews lol.

One problem I did notice and I want to play in them one more session to confirm because it wasn’t drastic, but I felt like my left shoe forefoot cushion was ever so slightly “thicker” than the right shoe. The left shoe felt more correct. Also the right shoe insole seemed to come up slightly too far on the arch of my foot. It was slight enough that I thought it may go away during play but I kept noticing it. I’ll give them one more session to see how they do, but I might buy a second pair cuz I’m sure that was a fluke thing

Right shoe insole:
F1734448-A0FA-452D-BF06-93BD00E5C1AE.jpeg

Unfortunately I gotta send these things back, the right shoe insole or something is digging into my arch, it feels like a pen cap. Weird cuz I even repositioned the insole (it’s glued down pretty good) and it still digs into my arch. Much worse today versus the first wear. My left shoe feels GREAT.

Side note I got this gnarly mark up after one session 😂
28BECBEB-65C0-438C-8F27-A5A0A4C5E908.jpeg

Last edited:
IMO I would consider these as a new experience, coming from the 3, 5 & 6.

Not enough to cause a revolution, but a decent evolution at that.

Kind of how I felt just looking at pictures.

Part of me appreciates the consistency. It creates consumer confidence in the line like Kobe had in the 4-6. You know what to expect.

But I also like new experiences. Looking at this shoe and specs and i can imagine how it'll play. Which doesn't generate a ton of excitement as a 5 and 6 owner.

Back
Top Bottom