Nike Kyrie 8

yea whenever an athlete is no longer with nike and they are waiting for their shipment of shoes from another endorser they still end up wearing nikes just covering up the swoosh.

makes no damb sense. you still wearing nikes

so walk into walmart and cop some starter kicks to wear 🤣

I love how he only put the tape over it. Man is ready to resell his collection when his playing days are done and make back that money Nike robbed him of in this situation.
200w.gif

yea whenever an athlete is no longer with nike and they are waiting for their shipment of shoes from another endorser they still end up wearing nikes just covering up the swoosh.

makes no damb sense. you still wearing nikes

so walk into walmart and cop some starter kicks to wear 🤣
Wiggins did it all last year, I think he wore Kobe’s with tape all over while he was waiting for Peak(I think it was/is Peak)

I love how he only put the tape over it. Man is ready to resell his collection when his playing days are done and make back that money Nike robbed him of in this situation.
200w.gif

Man, some sneakerheads (or maybe it’s just some of the folks in this thread?) have a seriously uninformed/unintelligent understanding of how these things work.

What money did Nike “rob” Kyrie of, exactly?

If anything, Kyrie’s lucky that Nike didn’t terminate him sooner. Like, in what other context could you envision an employee/contractor/spokesman publicly **** talking their company’s product the way Kyrie did with the Infinity without suffering any repercussions?

It’s really quite simple - these deals all have clauses that clearly state each party’s obligations. If the athlete violates the terms of their contract and/or fails to fulfill their obligations under the contract (and that results in the termination of the deal), they are not being “robbed” of anything - they’re merely suffering the consequences of their actions.

And just as an aside (re: the gif you used) - Kyrie is a lot of things (including a supremely gifted and talented athlete), but he is most certainly not “very smart”.

Man, some sneakerheads (or maybe it’s just some of the folks in this thread?) have a seriously uninformed/unintelligent understanding of how these things work.

If anything, Kyrie’s lucky that Nike didn’t terminate him sooner. Like, in what other context could you envision an employee/contractor/spokesman publicly **** talking their company’s product the way Kyrie did with the Infinity without suffering any repercussions?

It’s really quite simple - these deals all have clauses that clearly state each party’s obligations. If the athlete violates the terms of their contract and/or fails to fulfill their obligations under the contract (and that results in the termination of the deal), they are not being “robbed” of anything - they’re merely suffering the consequences of their actions.

And just as an aside (re: the gif you used) - Kyrie is a lot of things (including a supremely gifted and talented athlete), but he is most certainly not “very smart”.

I mean again what rule did he actually break? They were being petty/it was the cherry on top of the other stuff which is why it happened and probably why Kyrie ain’t really buck against it. But dude just posted a link to a documentary. :lol: and they didn’t immediately terminate him or even say anything when it was just that. If anything it was his behavior afterwards in interviews and when he didn’t get on his hands and knees begging they decided to make a big spectacle about a deal that probably already was ending after next summer.

Would love to see the terminology for whatever clause you claim he violated :lol: no actual racism came from his mouth and again now is a convenient time to start making it so that people are responsible for every second of every film or movie they watch or endorse…

I think Kyrie, had he handled that question and just condemned antisemitism immediately and said the film was not something he stood by and deleted the tweet. The excuse makers wouldn't be revealing themselves. At the end of the day, he has done a lot of questionable things the last couple years along with a lot of really great charitable deeds. There needs to be accountability and vocal rebukes of that movie, and antisemitism from everyone, still waiting on Bezos.

Ironically…

And yall aren’t gonna do a damn thing about it. :lol: It’s only a blood lust for humility when it’s a black man…

I have not, nor will I ever purchase anything from Amazon. This ridiculous perspective won't change that. Kyrie being a black man has nothing to do with my view on the subject. Antisemitism has zero place anywhere nor does racism, homophobia, transphobia, or any other form of hate against people. ****ing ridiculous this is even discussed.

Y’all think Nike will circle back and resign him?

I think at most they drop the 8s eventually and other than that the door is closed. Wouldn’t even really make sense from an age standpoint vs putting those resources into a Ja type dude

I hear y’all.

I think they should’ve just rock with a suspension until the heat blew over.

Whatever.

NB x KAI would be a solid partnership.

I’m guessing him bashing the infinities already had him on rocky terms with Nike. Nike probably was 50/50 on renewing the partnership but then the past debacle occurred and nike said f it, they got ja and other young players that they need to focus on. Which is a shame, I felt that the Kyrie line was a bridge between the generations of fans. Relatively affordable and an abundance of CWs too.

Scoop B has been known to be a very unreliable source lol

Tons of these - all models, infinity, new whatever it’s called, don’t know the name of the other lol- on shelf at DSG today

Every single Kyrie I’ve ever owned was strictly for ball. Really like how they were solid performers and could be hard for cheap. Might be interested in his new line wherever he ends up, BUT they have to follow that same formula…great on court and heavily discounted. That probably still will be the case if he joins Adidas, but their bball designs have been so lazy lately I hope he doesn’t end up there.

So is Nike going burn the pairs they already created or will they be available at the outlets? How do I get a pair? Do I have to pay an exorbitant amount on eBay?

Went to DSG near me for the first time in a while.. they had all their Kyrie’s on table in front of the footwear section discounted. I asked an employee and he said they’d been there on sale since Black Friday and they aren’t putting them back in stock. Mostly infinity and flytrap model.. grabbed my son a couple pairs to play ball in.

Attachments

• 369995E5-D97D-4A69-9067-08DEFFF846F8.jpeg
    369995E5-D97D-4A69-9067-08DEFFF846F8.jpeg
    308.9 KB · Views: 1,282
  • 0CB9D360-384E-46A0-B04C-F80EE0C6E515.jpeg
    0CB9D360-384E-46A0-B04C-F80EE0C6E515.jpeg
    337.2 KB · Views: 1,458
So is Nike going burn the pairs they already created or will they be available at the outlets? How do I get a pair? Do I have to pay an exorbitant amount on eBay?

I’m all likelihood the company that distributes championship shirts of losing teams will find a place for the shoes.

Back
Top Bottom