Nike Zoom Kobe 1 Protro February 17th 2018

Just wore my Kobe’s for ball today! Overall their good, lighter and very much the same as the ogs from what I remember. They still need to be broken in however.

Excited to play in them more often.

Attachments

• C205725D-248F-4547-B998-7A0A8364E438.jpeg
    C205725D-248F-4547-B998-7A0A8364E438.jpeg
    161.3 KB · Views: 38
I have the feeling Nike is testing the waters. Kobe retros (protros) could potentially be their next big hype train/ cash cow. They’re probably seeing how fast they sell out, which will dictate how many pairs they produce for future releases.
Oh yea they have confirmed that they are just getting started!

Oh yea they have confirmed that they are just getting started!

seems like its going to be the never ending cycle with the Zoom Generations coming back. I bet this starts the Lebron Retro wagon as well. Add different colorways....make those SVSM colorways that bron wore that never released come out.

Brilliant long term plan by Nike. Crazy how nostalgia sometimes matters more.
Initial release - Mass GR...sat on shelves...called ugly
Relauch 10 years later - YO I remember when these first came out...i need these

other companies just following suit. Adidas re-releasing ultra boost 1.0 already later this year.

seems like its going to be the never ending cycle with the Zoom Generations coming back. I bet this starts the Lebron Retro wagon as well. Add different colorways....make those SVSM colorways that bron wore that never released come out.

Brilliant long term plan by Nike. Crazy how nostalgia sometimes matters more.
Initial release - Mass GR...sat on shelves...called ugly
Relauch 10 years later - YO I remember when these first came out...i need these

other companies just following suit. Adidas re-releasing ultra boost 1.0 already later this year.

If they start Protroing LeBrons... It's over. Though I don't want to wait 5 years to get the LeBron 6s. If they make those a little less stiff... They could literally reuse this ad but with updated LeBron... He should stay in Cleveland just so this ad is more powerful, haha.

thats the same story for Jordans tho. All originals sat on shelves
Yep this is where they got the blue print

The sick part is they can do it forever with the retro+ colorways. Like i remember when i copped Cool Grey 3s. They sat...people were like why would you do that to the 3 its not OG i ain't buying. Now?? if you retroes cool grey 3s?? Hype train. Same with the DTRT 3s. I copped cause i loved the colorway...but they sat...wait until they retro :lol:

Just recycle over and over and over. I ain't even going to front either because i just scooped BC3s even though i have 2011s in great condition...because they put nike air on the back :lol:. $200+ for a different heal. (im a sucker)

The OG sat because our generation couldn't afford them when we were kids lol now we're grown Nike's capitalizing on what we missed out on.

The OG sat because our generation couldn't afford them when we were kids lol now we're grown Nike's capitalizing on what we missed out on.

maybe, but they were $150 and kobe infidelity was still a memorable moment in the young minds of american culture. I don't want to slander kobe, but that case kinda messed up his image a bit.

with all this talk of monitor groups, might be worth to split the cost with someone, if that's possible ...

with all this talk of monitor groups, might be worth to split the cost with someone, if that's possible ...

Not sure how fast they get the stuff but I have Web Alert on my phone now and it's free. Refreshes every minute.

I mean I was in high school in the mid 2000s but my parents def did not have money for me to spend on kicks. I'm reliving what I missed out on
i agree, we were heading into a deep recession at the time.(housing bubble, stock market dips) my my money went to track & field equipment. as long as nike keeps up the high quality i'll keep buying.

Not sure how fast they get the stuff but I have Web Alert on my phone now and it's free. Refreshes every minute.
i mean, i use j23 & restocks, but i think they get it faster than that... i wouldn't know any other way to get a web alert for all these specific sites?

if you are using web alert you already lost, these groups cook way before any monitor can pick it up. if it does pick it up its pretty much too late.

Back
Top Bottom