Nike Zoom Kobe IV PROTRO (MORE IN 2023!!)

Now that the ZK IV DO NOT have full length zoom, will you still cop?

• Yes

Votes: 123 54.7%
  • No

Votes: 102 45.3%

• Total voters
Kobe Vs are slated to have full length phylon. Nike is going to market it as new tech that brings you closer to the ground like never before. They are going to call it python cushioning... The person testing the Kobe V protro had to take a break because of shin splints. They are debating putting double stacked python in the heel now.

You got me at double stacked python.

OP time to add a poll:
Now that you know that the 4’s don’t have FLZ will you still cop?
Bert. Bert.
C43F7548-B151-403A-8173-EF2827DF6AAA.gif

Not for $175

Holla at me at $100

I have two problems with the situation. First, how the tech specs were released and then quietly edited with Nike taking little to no accountability. Second, I buy my shoes to play ball in and the cushioning setup they used sucks for my needs. Both are deal breakers for me. I’m returning my pair and will find a different pair of shoes that I will play ball in.

Nike will get sales regardless of tech. Too many people will want some Kobe 4 retros. I don’t want retros, so my money will go elsewhere.

Last edited:
jesus christ this might be the worst thing nike has ever done

no full zoom. not even zoom in the forefoot. no lunarlon. no react. not even cushlon. just phylon

what you get from an 80 dollar shoe at famous footwear

and they charging 175

and they sold out!

wtf?!

Nike: "It's not just regular phylon, it's Injected Phylon."

If the sneaker enthusiast community (resellers included) knew that there was no full-length zoom, there would still be a FSR sitting on NDC. Most people don't even like the Draft Day CW.

If they bring back certain colorways, they'll sell out regardless of the tech and likely still at $175.

I'm pissed because I wanted these to be really comfy! I mean damn son, I could cop TWO pairs of lebron soldier 12s right now for $160! And they have tons of zoom!

Kobe Vs are slated to have full length phylon. Nike is going to market it as new tech that brings you closer to the ground like never before. They are going to call it python cushioning... The person testing the Kobe V protro had to take a break because of shin splints. They are debating putting double stacked python in the heel now.
kinda like them years the air jordan model only had forefoot zoom

If the sneaker enthusiast community (resellers included) knew that there was no full-length zoom, there would still be a FSR sitting on NDC. Most people don't even like the Draft Day CW.

If they bring back certain colorways, they'll sell out regardless of the tech and likely still at $175.

I'm pissed because I wanted these to be really comfy! I mean damn son, I could cop TWO pairs of lebron soldier 12s right now for $160! And they have tons of zoom!
I highly recommend the lebron soldier 12s even to zion as well.

Kinda regret passing on those why not 0.1 for $50 @ ross. Full length zoom air is too good on my knees and I mainly play outdoor.

So...

Is there actually a screenshot or picture of Nike’s original spec’s review???? The one that says “full zoom”...?

SP19_BB_ASW_Nike_Kobe4_Protro_Charlotte_re_rectangle_1600.jpg

When Kobe Bryant thought about the design of his fourth Nike signature shoe, he raised an important question: Why did the world’s top football strikers wear low-cut shoes while basketball players — participating in equally dynamic sport — still believed that high-tops were best?

Bryant told Eric Avar, Nike's VP of Creative Director of Innovation, that he wanted the lowest, lightest weight basketball shoe Nike could make. Bryant got his wish with the Nike Zoom KOBE IV, which will be re-released in a Protro version (a blend of "performance" and "retro").

Originally released in 2009, the Nike Zoom KOBE IV proved that a light, low-cut profile could still give optimum support at the game’s highest level. It wasn’t the first low-cut Nike hoops shoe (the 1972 Bruin takes that distinction), but its impact on the game was tremendous, as it linked the low-top movement with a single player. In today’s diversely talented league, low-top shoes are now worn by every type of player, from shifty point guards to rangy forwards to powerful bigs.

The tech in the original shoe was futuristic for its time. Its Flywire construction that used thin, strong nylon fibers to support the upper, had debuted a year prior in the Nike Hyperdunk (the silhouette Bryant wore in Beijing in 2008). LunarLite foam in the forefoot, a Zoom Air unit in the heel and a full-length Phylon midsole provided responsive cushioning.

The Nike Zoom KOBE IV Protro takes a '96 draft day colorway, inspired by a Charlotte color scheme, and brings in some updated performance features, including an adjusted vamp shape, a sleeker heel shape, wider outsole traction and a full-length Zoom Air unit.

The Nike Zoom KOBE IV Protro releases February 15 on SNKRS North America, nike.com and at select global retailers.

copied and pasted on Feb 6th

Maybe $140 if they release some fire colorway like the Carpe Diem, Lower Merion, or Chaos, but $175 plus tax is too much, i’ll for these to hit clearances if ever

Yeah if they dropped the carpe diem id watching them like a hawk for any type of price drop. Overall just disappointing.

As much as I’m bummed these don’t have full length zoom I just can’t believe Nike did this on purpose.

If they did it on purpose they had to know that it would come out eventually. Just doesn’t make sense to me.

It's pretty easy to believe for me. It's not the first time they've done something like this, and it won't be the last.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some stupid "Elite" IV Protro with full zoom for $200.

I have two problems with the situation. First, how the tech specs were released and then quietly edited with Nike taking little to no accountability. Second, I buy my shoes to play ball in and the cushioning setup they used sucks for my needs. Both are deal breakers for me. I’m returning my pair and will find a different pair of shoes that I will play ball in.

Nike will get sales regardless of tech. Too many people will want some Kobe 4 retros. I don’t want retros, so my money will go elsewhere.

Exactly. In perspective, yeah, they screwed this up big time and everybody missed out on a potential GOAT performer, but there are other options and so many shoes always releasing. It is kind of rare to see a full Zoom low top these days though. I can't even think of one at the moment, aside from the Why Not low.

Back
Top Bottom