niketalk, what are you majoring in? easy or hard?

Easiest route? Liberal Arts by far.
laugh.gif
Basically a slightly advanced version of GE. I know since I got one. Never really knew what I wanted  to major in and I was already a Junior at the time and had a lot of classes I took earlier double counted towards that major. I wanted to get out as fast as I could and graduate so I said eff it.

pre pharm; im starting this june for summer session, any help on my end? advices? im thinking of switching to art because thats a life long passion, love of mine. pre pharm is for the money...
eyes.gif

pre pharm; im starting this june for summer session, any help on my end? advices? im thinking of switching to art because thats a life long passion, love of mine. pre pharm is for the money...
eyes.gif

History. It's a challenge and I questioned myself many times, but I honestly enjoy the subject very much. Hopefully, with all the budget cuts in CA, I'll can obtain a teaching job in the near future.

History. It's a challenge and I questioned myself many times, but I honestly enjoy the subject very much. Hopefully, with all the budget cuts in CA, I'll can obtain a teaching job in the near future.

Finance and hopefully double up in Economics. Only tough thing so far is math. If I focused more and actually tried hard I'd be in great shape grades wise
30t6p3b.gif

Finance and hopefully double up in Economics. Only tough thing so far is math. If I focused more and actually tried hard I'd be in great shape grades wise
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by USABasketball08

Originally Posted by Kramer

Any people in here wanna give me the heads up on pharmacy?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
a friend of mine finished her undergrad in 3 years and was accepted into the pharmacy program at incarnate word
she told me it's one of the easiest out of the health division but she still had to work her %+$ offf, if you guys have specific questions i can ask her 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by USABasketball08

Originally Posted by Kramer

Any people in here wanna give me the heads up on pharmacy?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
a friend of mine finished her undergrad in 3 years and was accepted into the pharmacy program at incarnate word
she told me it's one of the easiest out of the health division but she still had to work her %+$ offf, if you guys have specific questions i can ask her 
ohwell.gif

I'm a physics major, it's definitely hard but it's the most interesting subject in the world so I ain't even mad
laugh.gif

I'm a physics major, it's definitely hard but it's the most interesting subject in the world so I ain't even mad
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ElCatfisho

Originally Posted by ElijahDukes

What made you want to major in statistics? Any plan on what you are going to do after school? Last year a P&G statistician gave my high school stats class a lecture on his work and it was pretty interesting; he does stats on clinical experiments for medicine.

I've always found statistics interesting, but I hated AP Stats because of the repetitive nature of the work; we did like 90 problems a week. Ended up with a 4 but w/e. Statistics seems like a pain in the !@! to do really well in but I guess that's the point of it.

Gonna major in biology / pre-med starting next year. Probably will need a lot of studying.
tired.gif
to be honest, I didnt really know what to major in and I'm good at math (Im asian) but i didnt wanna do straight math because it's pretty unapplicable and discrete so I decided to pick stats. no exact plans, something in finance or maybe a statistician/research job. I still have another year at least but I've been thinking about it more and more recently. 
Sounds good. Yeah, I guess statisticians are always in need so hopefully that'll help you a lot with jobs and what not. Good luck with your future man.

thanks. Ive heard the jobs can be either really interesting or super boring
sick.gif
 so Im hoping my career isn't torture.
a bio major alone is very do-able (reasonable if you put in the study time) but the pre-med I assume throws on a lot more work on top of it, so youre gonna have to put in work. all the best with that. what school are you going to?

Originally Posted by ElijahDukes

What made you want to major in statistics? Any plan on what you are going to do after school? Last year a P&G statistician gave my high school stats class a lecture on his work and it was pretty interesting; he does stats on clinical experiments for medicine.

I've always found statistics interesting, but I hated AP Stats because of the repetitive nature of the work; we did like 90 problems a week. Ended up with a 4 but w/e. Statistics seems like a pain in the !@! to do really well in but I guess that's the point of it.

Gonna major in biology / pre-med starting next year. Probably will need a lot of studying.
tired.gif
to be honest, I didnt really know what to major in and I'm good at math (Im asian) but i didnt wanna do straight math because it's pretty unapplicable and discrete so I decided to pick stats. no exact plans, something in finance or maybe a statistician/research job. I still have another year at least but I've been thinking about it more and more recently. 
Sounds good. Yeah, I guess statisticians are always in need so hopefully that'll help you a lot with jobs and what not. Good luck with your future man.

thanks. Ive heard the jobs can be either really interesting or super boring
sick.gif
 so Im hoping my career isn't torture.
a bio major alone is very do-able (reasonable if you put in the study time) but the pre-med I assume throws on a lot more work on top of it, so youre gonna have to put in work. all the best with that. what school are you going to?

for cs have you heard of the 8 queens problem? whats that about?
and does cs really require a laptop with 4-5 hours of battery life?

for cs have you heard of the 8 queens problem? whats that about?
and does cs really require a laptop with 4-5 hours of battery life?

Back
Top Bottom